Wiki Posts
Search

Beginner RC car

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2023, 03:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Beginner RC car

I'm looking for some ideas for a beginner RC car like what the Tamiya M05 used to be.

The Tamiya M05 and parts are getting hard to find so what would be a good budget RC car to get these days?

I'm looking for fairly cheap and easy to get, with decent amount of hop-ups for people to start off with in onroad racing
Old 08-18-2023, 05:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Touring car? Xpress XQ2S. Or were you looking into another category?
Old 08-19-2023, 12:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I do like the look of the express rc cars. especially the XM1S, has the express rc company been around for long? And are they likely to be around for a while?
Old 10-29-2023, 01:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Choose what you want to race, and the classes available at your local track. Then check out the classes they run.

You can pick up late model rollers (cars minus electronics) for a few hundred dollars and then buy electrics to suit the category you want to run (stock, mod, etc.). Alternatively there are RTR (ready to run) packages which will come with electronics and controllers, etc. for ~$500. They're a quick and easy way to get in and are usually similarly built to popular models from the manufacturer, so there will be hop up parts available.
Old 11-02-2023, 02:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Package

Originally Posted by Daddycool
I'm looking for some ideas for a beginner RC car like what the Tamiya M05 used to be.

The Tamiya M05 and parts are getting hard to find so what would be a good budget RC car to get these days?

I'm looking for fairly cheap and easy to get, with decent amount of hop-ups for people to start off with in onroad racing
Head down to your local track or.email them. A member will usually have a great used package. This Touring package starts from less then $700. Many touring brands offer "sports" chassis. All are excellent value and can be very competitive.

https://rabhobbies.online/product/pl...R4hRWMtqEDWbP8
Old 03-29-2024, 12:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Beginner RC car

For beginners in RC cars, consider budget-friendly options like the Tamiya TT-02 chassis or the Team Associated TC4. These models offer accessibility and a range of hop-ups for on-road racing enthusiasts.