QRCCRA Announces the Brendale Winter Championships

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QRCCRA Announces the Brendale Winter Championships

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 01:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

I think all this bickering is not doing the sport of r/c racing any good. Remember people log on to this forum to find out what's going on around the traps. Drivers that want to compete in both events will do so. I personally am not that desperate for a trophy, and will not go out and buy new tyres, batteries, motors, etc. So the expense side of competing in both events in neither here nor there. Guys and gals support both events, I don't see the big drama that going on. To Race or not to Race the choice is up to the individual. So guys if you want to attract more people to your clubs keep the whinging off the forums and behind closed doors.

One thing to remember when you all bought your first car I can bet is was to have

FUNFUNFUN

ps Mal TBA usually means To Be Announced/Approved
Old 04-28-2006, 04:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by finchy

One thing to remember when you all bought your first car I can bet is was to have
Would have to agree with finchy here. You guys public bickering has given us a great demonstration of why it is hard to attract new members to racing. Anyone looking to find a club to race in Brisbane just given a demonstration on the "no fun to race syndrome" associated with racing. Well done.

Lets keep this thread for what it is, its about the Brendale winter champs. Any problems should be taken up through the appropriate channels.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

An update on the Brendale Winter Championships, entry forms will be out next week after there approved by the committee.
Some points on the entry form are open rubber tyres for the electric classes, Stock motors will be allowed to run bearings.
Nitro classes are open tyres, our basic Gastourer (Pull start) rules are .12 and .15 cbin engines up to and including 1hp any form of starting, no mods to the engine.

With Stock and Mod on the Saturday, Logan club has agreed to move there Saturday night club meeting to Sunday, so if your coming from far and close , plan a two day weekend with Brendale on Saturday and Logan on Sunday.
Logan has upgraded there track with resurface with Boral top coat and some changes to there lay out, Logan is about a 40 minute drive from Brendale, more info about there track and address can be found at there web site. http://www.lcrccc.com./

Andrew Abbott has let me know he will be coming for Saturday’s racing and hopefully most of the Local top drivers will be there as well.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Out of interest, how come stock isnt going to be run to AARCMCC rules?
Old 05-09-2006, 07:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Most club racing in Brisbane area is run under ORRCA Qld rules which allow bearing in Stock motors, since most entrants will be locals that have bearings in there motors I see no reason to change the majority.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey John,
Any word about 12th scale electric being run on sunday? (or even saturday for that matter?).. would be nice to have a 12th scale event before the nationals to help gauge a bit of interest etc

also, is it easy enough to get access to the track for practice on friday? I'm trying to convince a few more melbournites to make the trip up with me

cheers,
-Jay
Old 05-10-2006, 08:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Temporary memberships are available from TracksideRC right next to the track. They cost $10pp and allow use of the track for the day.

There is a few 12ths popping uparound the place at the moment. I think if the club was to say there would definately be a class for them, they would definately get an almostfull heat.

Terry
Old 05-10-2006, 08:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

ah awesome.

i know that tones just got a brand new yokomo 12th scale in last week and cant wait to hit the track with it

i think i'll be bringing mine up regardless, just a matter of whehter there's a class being run for it
Old 05-11-2006, 01:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

I didn't get much support on here for 1/12 scale so I haven't put it on the entry form.
If more interest comes before the event I'll put a heat in for them, if not I'll see that the track stays open after racing on Saturday for some practice runs.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:37 PM
SJP
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by john h
Most club racing in Brisbane area is run under ORRCA Qld rules which allow bearing in Stock motors, since most entrants will be locals that have bearings in there motors I see no reason to change the majority.
Hi John h,

Were can i get some info in regards to ORRCA stock motor specs.

Cheers
Scott
Old 05-11-2006, 03:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Other than bearings AARCMCC rules will apply to Stock motors.
You can view the ORRCA Qld rules on there web site in the rules section. http://www.orrcaqld.org.au/
Old 05-11-2006, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Hi Scott,

All the orrca queensland rules are at www.orccaqld.org.au

Stock motors:
1.1.1. Re-Buildable Stock, 27 turn, Fixed 24 deg, Motors:

1.1.1.1. Motors with bearings or bushings are allowed.

1.1.1.2. Motor timing must be (keyed into the end bell) fixed at 24 deg.

1.1.1.3. Motor Cans must have a maximum of two magnets only.

1.1.1.4. Brushes and brush hood will be lay-down configuration only.

1.1.1.5. No End-bell modifications allowed.

1.1.1.6. Brush springs are open.

1.1.1.7. Brushes shaping or modifying to allow timing advancement is prohibited.

1.1.1.8. Brush serrations and cavities are permitted but full face outline must remain.

1.1.1.9. The Timing Key in the End-Bell must not be worn to allow rotation.

1.1.1.10. No Brushless Motors.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by scott_g
1.1.1.7. Brushes shaping or modifying to allow timing advancement is prohibited.
Note that rule also for anyone going to the meeting. Under AARCMCC rules brush modifications are allowed.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by john h
An update on the Brendale Winter Championships, entry forms will be out next week after there approved by the committee.
Some points on the entry form are open rubber tyres for the electric classes, Stock motors will be allowed to run bearings.
Nitro classes are open tyres, our basic Gastourer (Pull start) rules are .12 and .15 cbin engines up to and including 1hp any form of starting, no mods to the engine.

With Stock and Mod on the Saturday, Logan club has agreed to move there Saturday night club meeting to Sunday, so if your coming from far and close , plan a two day weekend with Brendale on Saturday and Logan on Sunday.
Logan has upgraded there track with resurface with Boral top coat and some changes to there lay out, Logan is about a 40 minute drive from Brendale, more info about there track and address can be found at there web site. http://www.lcrccc.com./

Andrew Abbott has let me know he will be coming for Saturday’s racing and hopefully most of the Local top drivers will be there as well.
Where will the entries be available from RCTech or the club site Am keen on doing the drive north with a couple of NSW boys for some fun.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'll post a link to it when it's approved, hopfully in the next few days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.