brushless motors where are they at

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

brushless motors where are they at

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2003, 12:59 AM
Tech Elite

I just like to put in that a few weeks ago the Hitech parking lot challenge was held in the US(not sure where though) anyway they allowed brushless motors, Haker motors turned up and competed. The brushless motors didn't have as much zip in the tight and twisty's but were just was fast on the straights.

I don't think the brushless motor revolution is to far off. Legal or illegal at least some tracks and events will move with the times.
Old 01-05-2003, 11:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Have you seen the size of the hacker brushless controler its bigger than half the car you wouldnt get it into a car like a c4 also it wouldnt fit in a xxx if you have seen a picture of the new novak controller it is a reasonable size. also ive raced agaist snoopy and its not that impressive fella can beat it and he is crap
Old 01-06-2003, 12:28 AM
Tech Regular

geez, take a breath crusty.....
Old 01-06-2003, 12:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ummmm. thanks I think
Old 01-06-2003, 03:38 AM
Tech Regular

Crusty, your not even in the same league so don't start shooting your trap off!!!!
Old 01-06-2003, 05:57 AM
Tech Regular

OUCH !!!!
Old 01-06-2003, 02:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I dont care how big the controller is if it offers the benefits suggested it could be the full length of the car, from what i have seen so far i am pretty impressed.

It apears to be equivalent to a 8 turn brushed. And i dont know of many people who can really take advantage of that sort of power.
Old 01-06-2003, 03:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by p339
Have you seen the size of the hacker brushless controler its bigger than half the car you wouldnt get it into a car like a c4 also it wouldnt fit in a xxx if you have seen a picture of the new novak controller it is a reasonable size. also ive raced agaist snoopy and its not that impressive fella can beat it and he is crap

i don't think there that big p339 take a look at the original post and theres an attached pic that i found doesnt look to big to me mabye i just got a tiny screen.
i'm with besercoe if it gives me more power an more of an edge hell yeah i'll buy the neccary gear as soon as the rules allow.
Old 01-06-2003, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by fasterdanu
i don't think there that big p339 take a look at the original post and theres an attached pic that i found doesnt look to big to me mabye i just got a tiny screen.
i'm with besercoe if it gives me more power an more of an edge hell yeah i'll buy the neccary gear as soon as the rules allow.
As soon as the rules allow??????????? Why wait.

Coxy.
Old 01-06-2003, 06:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Coxy
As soon as the rules allow??????????? Why wait.

Coxy.

We the racers are the ones who make the rules, if we want to run a class and have enough people to compete then we are in a position to outline the rules.

If you think about it there are only 1-2 events a year that would currently be disallowed, being the Nationals and possibly if they have it, a Arrrrcccccmmmmmccc States.

From what i have seen they are no quicker than a good hot mod, marginally more efficient, have a slight delay on initial takeoff, but dont require a true every run and brushes every two. As such if these assumptions prove accurate then there will be no on-track advantage nor disadvantage to running brushless, it is only the ongoing off-track maintenance that is eliminated. In turn the clubs/promoters of events should not be scared of allowing brushles to compete in modified.

The only alterations that would be required to the rules is the note saying brushless are allowed, they are within the current dimensions, still use 6 cells, are within the overall car dimensions and weight.
Old 01-06-2003, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Yea the only people that will bitch and complain are the people that are running the old technology. Only because they are jealous that they have to do so much more work than the guys running Brushless.

And if your not allowed in the ARMACC nationals and states then you could just run your own. I read that IFMAR have only just approved 1/10 touring gas cars. Like how long have these been out for LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLOOLOL, normally it was just 1/8th and 235. On the ball guys.

So I think we will be running fuel cells before the brushless are approved by IFMAR.

Coxy.
Old 01-06-2003, 06:36 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Besercoe
We the racers are the ones who make the rules
i 2nd that!
Old 01-06-2003, 06:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by black-knight
i 2nd that!
Ok I third that.

Coxy.
Old 01-06-2003, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

i'm interested in the brushless debate mainly due to it's increased simplicity over brushed motors. it seems a easier engine to use than a brushed from what i've seen observing electric dudes at mecas (no lathes needed, cleaning, lasts longer, batteries last a little longer (so a begginer like me would be able to charge batts and not have to worry about running out of power due to maybe a bad charge etc)

my question is though how much do they cost? are they going down in price at the moment?, were can you get them? etc.

also i'd be interested in getting into electric once brushless are available to the general public;
-what would the basic things needed be to get into BRUSHLESS electric?
-engine, car, good charger, batteries,esc, anything else?
i already race nitro so i've got all the setup stuff, good radio (mars ex1 etc).
Old 01-06-2003, 10:11 PM
Tech Regular

The german companies seem to be hyping "sensorless" as the new technology that will make brushless suitable for cars, but Novak is using a sensor which is claimed to be the old technology. But Novak seem to be pretty confident that they have eliminated the slight cogging delay, so I think that seems to be the way to go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.