Community
Wiki Posts
Search

brushless motors where are they at

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2003, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by sleek the elite
Well Foams don't usually have Inserts do they ?
What I meant was if it's rubber it will be the whole deal, insert rim and tire.

Coxy.
Old 02-24-2003, 04:38 AM
Tech Master

Well foams are just about control tyres now...

Why?

These days you buy them pre glued and trued - just put 'em on the car and regardless of brand, everybody is running virtually identical shure ratings. So there's very little difference
Old 02-24-2003, 04:42 AM
Tech Champion

i agree, for foam most people run, 40/45 fronts, 37/40 rears a fairly simple choice

but... rubber tires in a control situation are very good...

but this is not a foam v rubber tire thread... but i'm happy to create another one?....

why have a brushless nationals? not i good idea i think, just let the bl in with the brushed motors at the proper Nats! and if AARCMCC don't like that then tuff! We the racers need to decide how we go racing!... which may also require another thread...

Last edited by black-knight; 02-24-2003 at 04:51 AM.
Old 02-24-2003, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Coxy, can you autograph my edition of racing lines

Be interesting to see if the Novak unit will perform as good as the Hacker, the only thing I haven't liked about the Hacker is where can I fit in my Losi XXX with out leaving the batteries out.
Old 02-24-2003, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by black-knight
i agree, for foam most people run, 40/45 fronts, 37/40 rears a fairly simple choice

but... rubber tires in a control situation are very good...

but this is not a foam v rubber tire thread... but i'm happy to create another one?....

why have a brushless nationals? not i good idea i think, just let the bl in with the brushed motors at the proper Nats! and if AARCMCC don't like that then tuff! We the racers need to decide how we go racing!... which may also require another thread...
Mate I would also be very happy to run this at this event. But I don't think it will be allowed. I see it as just being a progression with Mod. Imagine if we had NiCd and NmHi Mod, it's sort of the same thing but people were still making money from it so 3000 are allowed in. Brushless well that's another story.

Very good point about we the racers, I pretty much say that in my last paragraph in Racing lines on the brushless.

Coxy.
Old 02-24-2003, 05:53 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally posted by fastolfart

Be interesting to see if the Novak unit will perform as good as the Hacker, the only thing I haven't liked about the Hacker is where can I fit in my Losi XXX with out leaving the batteries out. [/B]
Roofrack? or trailer?
Old 02-24-2003, 08:44 PM
Tech Regular

I agree with blackknight, if people with brushed motors want to race at the "brushless Nationals" in the same class, let them/us. The more entries the better I would say. I think it would be good to run it on a tight track so there is not much (if any) advantage to be gained in horsepower... just in the wallet.
Old 02-25-2003, 02:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Coxy
Mate I would also be very happy to run this at this event. But I don't think it will be allowed. I see it as just being a progression with Mod. Imagine if we had NiCd and NmHi Mod, it's sort of the same thing but people were still making money from it so 3000 are allowed in. Brushless well that's another story.

Very good point about we the racers, I pretty much say that in my last paragraph in Racing lines on the brushless.

Coxy.
Sorry Coxy you lost me with this thing about batteries... they have always had a racer / manufacturer driven progression in capacity the only difference with the change from 2400 NiCad to 3000 NiMH was that it was driven by the greenies and the fact it is very difficult to recycle NiCad's.

Governing bodies have always followed they same path with regards to new technology. This is to allow time for people to get access to the new stuff at retail level. It will be the same for BL. The change will happen it just won't be quick enough for some (most?).

People were complaining about how 3300's were legal for the Summernat's when they hadn't even been sighted in the shops in NSW and therefore couldn't get a hold of them. This brushed/brushless debate is exactly the same situation.
Old 02-25-2003, 01:40 PM
Tech Regular

if a brushless natoinals are held thean then all i can seeing it do is the event being small expensive and a wast of time
there would be no point in hold a seperate class at nationals for brushless either because you would probably get people running brushed and brushlss sytem's which mean's that it will take brushless alot longer to become wiedly use if they(brushed and brushless) are held to gether people who what to go fast or want to look like they can win will buy it which is everyone i hope
then eventually the prices will come down because if there is a demmand for cheaper brushless the big companies will start working on it

as far as i can see brushless nat's would be bad for the sport.

only my opinion
Old 02-25-2003, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by fasterdanu
if a brushless natoinals are held thean then all i can seeing it do is the event being small expensive and a wast of time
there would be no point in hold a seperate class at nationals for brushless either because you would probably get people running brushed and brushlss sytem's which mean's that it will take brushless alot longer to become wiedly use if they(brushed and brushless) are held to gether people who what to go fast or want to look like they can win will buy it which is everyone i hope
then eventually the prices will come down because if there is a demmand for cheaper brushless the big companies will start working on it

as far as i can see brushless nat's would be bad for the sport.

only my opinion
But how about you look at it the other way. If brushless is not allowed in then this will reduce numbers at nationals. If we let brushed motors in the brushless class this will increase numbers.

I know I will never put old tech back into my car.

I really don't think it is a big problem. Have Stock, Mod and Brushless classes, but people can't see the big picture.
Old 02-25-2003, 03:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well it is frustrating to see, i go away for a week, leaving you poor souls without any guidance, and ignorance returns.

Brushless is and will be the best thing for this sport in a long long time, reduced running expenses, more level performance, less maintenance, easier on batteries. Can someone please explain why people are not fighting each other to get their hands on such technology, be it in the form of Novak, Hacker, Lehner, Schultze etc etc.

Dont wait on the governing bodies to make rules for them, it is up to the racers, bodies are run by people who have business interests such as trinity and reedy. Until they manufacture a system it will not be pushed in this level of racing. Stop kidding yourself make the move you will not look back, come and talk to us and see the benefits. I am prepared to not attend the major race meetings if brushless are not allowed, i can do without the hassles, and have plenty of other toys to fill my time.
Old 02-25-2003, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I honsetly dont feel that this years national titles will include Brushless, Even how good they may be..i cant see it happening.

Even if a group of 30 ppl get behind it and go toward the commity..all the commity would see is a dwindle in numbers in each class, Its like haveing G20 and say Stock at the same time..the numbers would spit between the 2 classes and raceing would become less interesting for both partys.

Also alot of ppl have been running "old tech for manny years, i think ppl are scared of this new technolagy and dont want to outlay 600 dollars incase the class doesnt happen, mabey when the US statrs having major races with brushless motors, "not an enduro" they will have an influence on the AUS puplic and brushless will grow.

I Think the best you can hope for this year is a brushles single event.
PS i like brushless too, iam just stating what i think would happen.
Old 02-25-2003, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

It's actually funny reading all this about brushless. People seem to forget it's no quicker than a 8 turn brushed motor but you can't dump and run out of run time. do you really think people are going to dump with 3300's using a 8 turn these days.

I still can't get my head around the fact that people are scared to run against brushless motors. And people bitch about somthing that is going to make Mod better.

coxy.
Old 02-25-2003, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Did you here, that the new 1 turn brushless motor is coming out and it lasts for 15 mins..at full amp draw...

Seriously thats how it feels when you compare brushless to brushed,,,,they dont compare, onw is superior to the other.

Soon the deminuisation of Those damn brushes will fall..to the ground and those free reving freaks will let hail to themselfs, cause who could better the ultimate..No one.. I SAY NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEE

mmm..
Old 02-25-2003, 06:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

smitty i think we have made the poor boy lose his mind, we should have left him in the car when in melbourne, i think the exitement was all too much for him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.