Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Must Attend Electric Event For 2003

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2002, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

put the name on the inside fof then your senceabilities wont be offended!

to27's are readly available in wollongong - we use them all the time and king g is right the inserts they come with are winners.

i doubt many sydney shops stock them due to the lack of enthusiasm for rubber amongst sydneys racers
Old 12-17-2002, 04:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

for those who havent got an entry from , they have been sent out to all interstate distributors to pass on to hobby shops.

and you can download a PDF version from here.

http://www.imagefile.net/tftr/TFTRfo...?TOPIC_ID=1300

please note the Mail address listed in the 2nd post. as it is not on the entry form which is downloaded. (will be corrected and uploaded in the next day or so.)
Old 12-17-2002, 04:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

SlowOlFart...no comment. =0

Last edited by King-G; 12-17-2002 at 04:57 PM.
Old 12-17-2002, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Hey guys, I have another question, how do I get these Take off 27's to stay on my Mini rims??

Yea well it was very hard to get grip on Friday night. The track was very dirty. The track really needs to be blown before we race like it use to be. I don't know why it's not blown now and it is no point trying to setup a car until after 2 rounds.
Coxy, I didn't think the grip was that bad on Friday night, I know I didn't stick around for the finals, but I would have been happy to run a good set of Sorex or Pit tyres
(something that is missing from my tyre box at the moment)
Old 12-17-2002, 07:21 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

See what happens when you don't turn up till 6.30. The track is blown every Friday night but with the way the weather is and the new development at the track, the wind keeps on blowing the dust across the track.
I know I'll get cox to stand at the tracks edge with the blower and when the wind comes up he can blow it back.
Seriously until turf is put down in that area there is not much we can do.
Old 12-17-2002, 08:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

mmmmm looks like i will have to go back to building that bulldozer attachemnt for the Sexray

I have seen the pace that those council workers progress
Old 12-17-2002, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by TJ
See what happens when you don't turn up till 6.30. The track is blown every Friday night but with the way the weather is and the new development at the track, the wind keeps on blowing the dust across the track.
I know I'll get cox to stand at the tracks edge with the blower and when the wind comes up he can blow it back.
Seriously until turf is put down in that area there is not much we can do.
TJ it was not a personal attack on you. as I said when the extension was first done. I pointed out to you that the dirt will turn to dust because there is no moisture getting on to it as well as rain. Hopefully when we return next year it will be all done. Although the Windor Road extention was suppose to be done before the M2 was built. Awwwwww the Hills, move everybody in and then think about the traffic jam.

Sorry for this post as it's not a Castlehill thread but I just wanted to clear up something.

Coxy.
Old 12-18-2002, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

King-G, no personal grudges from this end, but I always love a good argument over an inferior product like rubber tyres.

I just had to slip that in. When did you say that you doing the testing on tyres etc ???
Old 12-18-2002, 02:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

rubber tires inferior?...dont make me laugh. The reason behind your opinion is simple...Foam doesnt require a car setup..lol...when you switch over to rubber and find they dont work, this is because your car has not previously had to generate any traction at all you are relying on the foam to do everything.

slap on some 40's and she'll be right.. =)

I am going to Hoppers on sunday, will test the different tires with the guys to help them decide on the control tire for the event.

again like I said, unless Takeoff arent making tires in Feb, they will most likely be the choice...(god forbid!)

so do yourself a favour, get some 27's. with the supplied blue medium insert and have a go at setting up your car for rubber tires (castle Hill would probably be the best choice for the N.S.W guys) to get a car to handle well in a similar type of track layout..
Old 12-18-2002, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

King-G, I would not suggest Castle Hill as a good track to set up cars for you event. The surface is totally different to what they will be running on in Vic. So much different, the tyres that you like, are not the choice of tyre at CH, Sorex 28 work well and even know of people using 32's, myself and quite a few of the other Mod drivers there prefer Pits, they give superior grip over all the other brands so far. The disapointment of running rubber tyres on this surface (brushed concrete) is the high wear rate when you drive a fast and competetive car.
Although TJ will proberly hate me for saying this, but Brush Farm or Rooty Hill would be better tracks to set up cars for your meeting. (not as tight and technical)
Old 12-20-2002, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

I have been using Takeoff 22's and 27's at Casle Hill since I started racing there. The car has been just as quick as any of the other mod guys, its just been the driver having the odd brain fade...

Bersercoe, if the shops say they can't get the tyres, double check with the green haired one, you might be surprised...
Old 12-20-2002, 08:15 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

Originally posted by fastolfart
Although TJ will proberly hate me for saying this, but Brush Farm or Rooty Hill would be better tracks to set up cars for your meeting. (not as tight and technical)
I don't hate you fastolfart:- but from what I have heard last Wednesday night if you are going VIC for this competition you better get use to tight and technical. I heard that track is about the same size as hurstville or a little bit smaller. But king-G would know better than all of use.
Old 12-21-2002, 01:38 AM
Tech Adept

Can't wait for this, should be awesome!
The Indoor track is amazing and really does favour driving skill rather than the ones with all the 'good equipment'.
Concentration is probably the key to success on this small tight track.
Any more updates? including the website? (www.melbournecityrc.com)
Old 12-21-2002, 02:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

How can an address like that give you a company selling Internet Services
Old 12-21-2002, 03:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by Besercoe
I noticed that the 1/8th buggy nationals are on the weekend following the vic race in geelong, i have intentions of having a bit of a play in the dirt, if i pull my finger out i may have to make it a rc racing extravaganza

The people intending to race at Hoppers and at the 1/8 off-road titles will be going from the small to the large in just one week. If they use the same track that was used at the last major titles held at Geelong you will not believe the length of that track. At the last Major meeting the top drivers were rapted to be getting 13 laps in the 10 minute qualifiers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.