Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
sunshine coast radio control car club ( landsbrough) >

sunshine coast radio control car club ( landsbrough)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

sunshine coast radio control car club ( landsbrough)

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 04:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey guys, do you race next weekend at all and where as will be out and about between Rainbow Beach and down past Nambour and might drop buy to check out some racing
Old 06-30-2013, 07:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by the_barbarian
Thats a shame i'm sure everyone was looking forward to the meet today darn rain.

I was wanting to know a few things before I race out buy my car and thing like

What classes and how many people usually turn up in each class?

What tyres foams or rubber and what grip

rough Idea of what rollout for 21t and 17.5

is there power at the track

I'm sure there are going to be hundreds of other questions as I go.

when is the next possible meet please.
unfortunately the water pools on this track and the ground around the track is clay, so it is not really a good idea to be around the track if wet lol.

can't really help with 21.5, but for 17.5 I run a fdr of ~3.9 with 20deg on the motor (duo 3 motor). depending on motor and timing I have seen 3.7 up to 4.2 used. being winter taller gearing may be ok. I would start at 4.0 and 0deg and work from there.

for this track, 21.5 tends to be under powered, 17.5 is ok. we tend to run 10.5 (blinky).

Rubber tyres are ok, sorex 32r and 36r are the best but ride re36 and re32 (and I assume the new 34's for mod) are cheaper and almost as fast. choice of 32 or 36 depends on time of year, right now 32's are better, but for most of the year 36's will be better.

foam tyres love the track. I think we are currently in the range of 37's to 40's

power is available only during race meets.

I suggest having a set of spare belts as they are the most common failure at this track.

Regards,
Nathan
Old 06-30-2013, 08:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TheOldBoy
Hey guys, do you race next weekend at all and where as will be out and about between Rainbow Beach and down past Nambour and might drop buy to check out some racing
Hello Col,
I was thinking we might have a catchup round next Sunday if the members want too. I'll post here again in the next couple of days.
The address is 15 Tunnel Ridge Rd Landsborough in the Landsborough Sport and Rec Centre.

Regards Graham
Old 07-01-2013, 12:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi Nathan, thanks for that info its all a bit strange to me though I use to race brushed 27 turn back in mid 2000 and I bought Greg's (cannon ferral batteries) sakura with a 21.5 thinking it would be similar but that's ok I'll upgrade to the 17.5 and go from there.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Bayside Wednesday Nights

All,

I was thinking of trekking down to Bayside tomorrow night as I'd like to test out the newly rebuilt TA05 beast

Does anyone from the coast go regularly?

Thanks, Andrew Mc
Old 07-01-2013, 07:13 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Nathan, thanks for that info its all a bit strange to me though I use to race brushed 27 turn back in mid 2000 and I bought Greg's (cannon ferral batteries) sakura with a 21.5 thinking it would be similar but that's ok I'll upgrade to the 17.5 and go from there.
the 19t brushed is about a 10.5t brushless
the rebuildable stock 27t is about on par with the 17.5t.
the Johnson silver can is about on par with the 21.5t.

although brushless developments have moved past the brushed motors, so the exact match is a little different now

edit: there are murmurs that the classes next year will change, so i would not bother getting a new motor. maybe try the for sale forum here to see if you can get on cheaper
Old 07-02-2013, 12:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default 13.5T

Hi there, as freexray has said, there are rumours that australia wide next year -"stock" class wont be 17.5 anymore but rather 13.5T. So buying a new 17.5 now possibly might not be advisable
A 13.5T good be a good allround choice, Im pretty sure they run SSF class at landsborough which I guess means most if not all run 10.5T.
I havent tried it yet but a geared up 13.5T might be competetive in SSF at landsborough or brendale as well. anyone?

Old 07-02-2013, 12:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dragobrat
Hi there, as freexray has said, there are rumours that australia wide next year -"stock" class wont be 17.5 anymore but rather 13.5T. So buying a new 17.5 now possibly might not be advisable
A 13.5T good be a good allround choice, Im pretty sure they run SSF class at landsborough which I guess means most if not all run 10.5T.
I havent tried it yet but a geared up 13.5T might be competetive in SSF at landsborough or brendale as well. anyone?
That's true, if AARCMCC go this way, and it looks as though they will, ORRCA will also probably adopt 13.5 blinky too. This means most of us will have 13.5's, as a group we may decide to run this at club level.
Some of us are going to start running on rubbers again for a while because we have recent times from the Interclub to compare to, and it is relevant particularily with respect to upcoming events i.e. ORRCA State titles and Bayside interclub.
Different track I know but it still gives an indication for performance.

Regards Graham
Old 07-02-2013, 01:00 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragobrat
A 13.5 is not too bad at Brendale in SSF, Trevor Gray runs one and makes the B main with it, but he does get mown down on the back straight and he is a pretty tidy driver, given the more technical nature of the Landsbrough track and its shorter straights, I think 13.5 would be an ok choice of motor even against 10.5s in SSF.

I am a pretty new driver as are a bunch of others in SSF at Brendale and none of us find 10.5 to be too fast, and would recommend the class to any newbie.

I took my stepson who is 17 down to Brendale for a practice very limited experience in RC and within a couple of packs was turning consistent if not slow laps, he would have has his first race meeting at Landsbrough if not for the rain in SSF. I just geared him down 6T of pinion with no can timing and the car was easy enough for him to drive as a complete noob.

I think The_Barbarian would have no issues at all with a 10.5 and would recommended the class to him without hesitation.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by graham1234
Hello Col,
I was thinking we might have a catchup round next Sunday if the members want too. I'll post here again in the next couple of days.
The address is 15 Tunnel Ridge Rd Landsborough in the Landsborough Sport and Rec Centre.

Regards Graham
I'm keen for for a catch up day this weekend if the rain eases.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I wonder if I am able to run my old Hyperform 27t brushed motor until I get sorted out with something better.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hello Col,

Regards Graham
Hi Graham, names actually Wayne, Col came into the club about 6 or 7 years later just as the RC craze started to drop off. Going down to that medieval thing this weekend and may look at dropping around depending on time we leave and head back to Gympie. Have the address now so will see, even if no one there, be good to take a look at the clubs track
Old 07-02-2013, 08:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TheOldBoy
Hi Graham, names actually Wayne, Col came into the club about 6 or 7 years later just as the RC craze started to drop off. Going down to that medieval thing this weekend and may look at dropping around depending on time we leave and head back to Gympie. Have the address now so will see, even if no one there, be good to take a look at the clubs track
Sorry Wayne,
Not sure about racing on Sunday yet, our track is onroad, there is also an offroad track about 10 minutes away at Mooloolah.

Regards Graham
Old 07-02-2013, 08:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

I wonder if I am able to run my old Hyperform 27t brushed motor until I get sorted out with something better.
Yes, that's ok, we will fit you in somewhere.

Graham
Old 07-02-2013, 10:20 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I had my new F1 ready too.

Graham
I think i read somewhere that you bought or were buying an FGX, if so, what did you do about gearing? I am having trouble getting much more than 20T pinion in there, the motor hits the top deck support and i get maybe 2mm of front to back movement on the motor for getting mesh right, which leave me very few options. I think the stock pinion is like 45T that gives me an FDR of about 6.1, which is going to be way too slow even for me, i was thinking 3.5-4 might be somewhere better. So how did you get on with gearing the thing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.