*****TCS 2006 AUSTRALIA*****

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*****TCS 2006 AUSTRALIA*****

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 09:31 PM
Tech Regular

hey TJ, can you remind us what controllers are not permitted?
Old 04-19-2006, 09:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BringItOn
hey TJ, can you remind us what controllers are not permitted?
Atari 2600, PS1 (std box type) and The new Wireless XBOX 360 CONS.

+

Futaba non 29mhz. (i.e Grey Imported 40mhz), Mind you in Japan u can use 40mhz and prolly even Spektrum (by now).
Old 04-19-2006, 09:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rod M
just got to watch out half of the TA05 bling may not be legal for TCS
Only need to take off the top brace to be TCS legal hopefully as all other parts are Tamiya.

I wonder if they would notice if I raced my 3 Racing TA05
Old 04-19-2006, 11:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Having raced TCS in Japan I was looking forward to seeing the OZ version.

Now I can't... because I own a 415MSX! WTF?

Tamiya wants us to buy their best product, spend lots of cash and in return we get great events... except in Australia.

In Japan the TCS is organised by Tamiya and they have different meetings to suit the entire Tamiya product range, unfortunately here in OZ it's organised by one company who determines that if they aren't selling enough 415's or EVO's (perhaps due to an overinflated wholesale price) then they are going to stock the GT1 class (Tamiya's premier class) with inferior cars.

To add insult to injury you also can't use Spektrum - probably because Toy Traders doesn't stock it.

TCS is supposed to stand for Tamiya Championship Series but with the obvious monopoly going on I doubt whether you will see many attending the event.

Also, one final thought... Some racers have selected the Tamiya brand in the past, just so they can compete at TCS.
That may now change...
Old 04-20-2006, 12:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tetsuo

Tamiya wants us to buy their best product, spend lots of cash and in return we get great events... except in Australia.

In Japan the TCS is organised by Tamiya and they have different meetings to suit the entire Tamiya product range, unfortunately here in OZ it's organised by one company who determines that if they aren't selling enough 415's or EVO's (perhaps due to an overinflated wholesale price) then they are going to stock the GT1 class (Tamiya's premier class) with inferior cars.

To add insult to injury you also can't use Spektrum - probably because Toy Traders doesn't stock it.

TCS is supposed to stand for Tamiya Championship Series but with the obvious monopoly going on I doubt whether you will see many attending the event.

Also, one final thought... Some racers have selected the Tamiya brand in the past, just so they can compete at TCS.
That may now change...
The radio thing is painful, sure, but personally, im pleased about the chassis rule because now I only have to spend $200 at Rainbowten, not $600.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:46 AM
Tech Adept

The less money the better I say - just don't call it GT1.
It's like calling a race between Daihatsu Charades the Formula 1 GP!
Old 04-20-2006, 01:19 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tetsuo

That may now change...
OOOO I JUST READ the post from previos page. no 415's eh? that sux.

why make the people, who support tamiya all year round with a 415 have to buy a TA05? doesnt make sence to me.

like zd said, it only helps non tamiya drivers, they just have to buy a cheaper kit to compete now.

oh and yeah if i do compete i will definitly be buying my kit direct from japan and then just offload it cheaply second hand after i'm finished
Old 04-20-2006, 01:44 AM
Tech Adept

Yeah, I definitely think that a lot a racers who want to compete at TCS will buy TA05's, TT01's and DF03's from overseas rather than spending a lot of cash here.

Which incidently might be the real reason Toy Traders are banning 415's and EVO's - so that you will buy the cars listed above from them.

Except most smart people won't.

Last edited by tetsuo; 04-20-2006 at 02:14 AM.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Guys with MSX should not deter themselves from not running as you only need the stock TA-05 kit and then transfer all the option parts from your 415. The most you will spend would be $200.00 + what ever tyres you want to run.

I might also have a fully option TA05 for hire during TCS if I decide to run stock instead of GT1
Old 04-20-2006, 02:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Thats how my TA05 got some much bling .... I raided my Evo 4 MS for arms, shocks, hub carriers, toe in blocks. It works a treat.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:00 AM
Tech Adept

The problem for most people is that they have already invested a great deal of money in their respective cars.

Then you have to add transport, fuel, tyres, parts, motors and maybe a few more nights accommodation and you can see that TCS starts to become a very expensive exercise for interstate travellers.

One that most are willing to fork out for to race their car of choice.

Except that this year we can't and we have to fork out another $200 to buy a substandard car that we don't really want.

Kinda like buying box office tickets for an Essendon game when you're a Collingwood supporter - it's still football - right?
Old 04-20-2006, 03:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I will run GT1 for sure this year, hooray for fantastic plastic!
Old 04-20-2006, 04:41 AM
TJ
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dontfeelcold
I will run GT1 for sure this year, hooray for fantastic plastic!
What not off-road Josh??
Old 04-21-2006, 01:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hmmm, love the plastic.

Rules are rules.

See ya's on October.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well at least with these rules banning the EVO's and 415's it should have the field closer and more competitive in GT1 than previous years

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.