Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

Meakin Park 1/10 EP Touring 13.5T one make spec class

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 05:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just to add to Karls notes as my car had a 3K diff when we started on sat it was very loose and a bit of a handful on acceleration there was a bit of cool wind about and it kept the track temps down along with grip so I followed Karls advise and put 5K in the diff left the cars other setup the same as last time out didn't want the problem of not knowing what worked if i change too much at one time .
This seemed to give the car much more stability straight away which also helped with confidence out of the corners ,I took the center brace out for the next run I think it helped a little it was a minor gain in control but that could easily have been me driving a little less ragged .
Leonard drove the car for a heat and thought it was easy to drive .
Tried a few changes with roll centers in the rear before I changed the diff but they didn't help was going to try different ride height and droop but when Karl didn't feel improvements I just tried to be more smoother with driving which doesn't always work out the best for me
heavy and ShootHere_ like this.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Ok guys just ordered one of these combo deals for my 9 yr old to get into juniors, any notable weak points on the car I should pack spares for? At the moment when he is able to he's been running TT-01 Truck (as he's ASD managing meltdowns has been the main challenge, the guys at the club have been very understanding and accommodating with this so I am lucky there).
Old 09-13-2018, 01:12 PM
Tech Regular

I've had the best oppotunities to test the cars abilities to withstand impact damage and haven't had any issues with it
It's been on it's roof a bit and with the corvette body we needed to put the larger bodypost over the standard ones (the holes in the rear come up on the slope of the rear window )
snapped the top of one of last run but thats all so far , seems to be able to take a bit of impact but don't go running into any imoveable things though.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I haven't broken anything either
Old 09-30-2018, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

We haven't had anyone else join us at this time so we are going to see if putting the electrics into an older chassis like the ones the retired racers would have collecting dust and get the rollout the same to see if a comparable lap time with an older car might help racers try out the class without the extra expense of a new car .
We've also tested different batteries to see if there's an obvious difference in performance (for the same reasons as above) it seems to not be an advantage so far.
Hopefully this works out and maybe we can get a few to come out of retirement.