Community
Wiki Posts
Search

the big bang theory

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2002, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

Shows how long I have been in the sport NOT. First car was the last edition of the ta03R. And I think the ta04 was just out but went for the 03. Rasn that for a month then TC3 then Corally and now as from next week TC3 Wooooo Hooooooo.

Coxy
Old 11-27-2002, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

I don't think I've seen you race 12 scale at marryland carpark though?
I was racing 1/12th scale there with Smithy years before the track and shop were opened.
The track was formed out of 2 x 4 timbers and there was no drivers stand to speak of.
When DS opened the track, Associated had released the RC12IS, some time down the track.
I did put in the odd guest drive 1/12th, but was mainly racing 1/8th at that time.
Old 11-27-2002, 06:06 PM
Tech Champion

Well for me it all started last week when i walked into KMART... lol

c1984 Purchased a From a LHS in sunny England, smashed it, glued, smashed... 1987 My Dad want to race off road at Bankstown, got a Hirobo Zerda...never raced.

1991 - Dad bought a Tamiya TA01 (after smashing an RC glider we wanted something that stayed on the ground), we started racing at Miranda, i believe the racing that we started at Miranda was one of the first places racing 4wd touring cars, most other clubs and racers thought electric touring cars were a joke and not worthy.

(Dad's retired from RC Rcaing now, mum made him quit )
Old 11-28-2002, 02:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by tabmow69
Come on people. Didnt anyone have a jet hopper?
I had a black one (black is faster) That was back in 85
hehhee the jet hopper was my first car also! the black ones, which i think were on 45mhz freq. except i got it when i was 5ish around 86 it was already a ready to race. sold as a tamiya but badged as a metro i think later on.

i used to drag all the kids around my house and kick thier butts. it beat any tandy or later day kmart car.

the bloody tires became so old that the rubber at the front deteriorated so you'de turn a corner and they'd come of! THE REARS WERE SLICKS! no spikes. best thing was trying to drift it on a polished wooden floor with my mates. at the age of 8 this was THE trick to pull of, either that or just put it on dirt and do donuts. man i use to abuse the controller so much that the accelerator stick broke.by the way anyone got spare gears for a jethopper? i think mine have broken teeth, it use to sound funny at top speed
got back into it in april 2001 with a hpi rs42 then a neo t21 with rbc12, currently a v1r with s3

anyone remember the race track that was painted on the ashphalt area in summer hill primary school??
elvis clear out your pm box so i can send you a reply about the sts engines

Last edited by VenomWorldOrder; 11-28-2002 at 02:44 AM.
Old 11-28-2002, 03:35 AM
Tech Adept

Bring back Pete Smith and Magic Kingdom!

Hey BK I remember you won a state title in nitro before it was cool!
Old 11-28-2002, 03:56 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by tabmow69
Bring back Pete Smith and Magic Kingdom!

Hey BK I remember you won a state title in nitro before it was cool!
LOL, they were the days,

i remember when you had to be a "Lee" to make the A's! LOL

Tommy Lee, Anthony Lee, Walter Lee (Ly), Paul Lee!...and the list went on... LOL
Old 11-28-2002, 04:04 AM
Tech Adept

well i havent been racing for soo long, but my first car, like alot of people was a ta-02. I got it because my neighbour (Turner, for those of you who know him) had a ta03 and the bastard never gave me a drive. So I had to get my own little car! For Christmas in 97 i got me a ta02 castrol celica from hobbies in the hills (yeah, got riped sideways). We raced our cars on the street for ages before starting racing at castle hill. Since then I have had an Onfa Z10, two Tamiya F103's, HPI pro, tamiya FF02, an xpress, and most recently an rc lab.
Old 11-28-2002, 05:39 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder

elvis clear out your pm box so i can send you a reply about the sts engines
Sorry Tom my pm box is broken, I think my whole profile needs a reco Moderaters what do I do to fix it ??
Tom email me [email protected]
Old 11-28-2002, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

pm futureal

is it full? if so delete some stuff, otherwise email above!

im very happy to see a topic that does not cause controversy!
Old 11-28-2002, 06:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by contact
pm futureal

im very happy to see a topic that does not cause controversy!
Ha Ha do you think we should run frog bodies or Subaru brumbies

Spike tyres on the front or narrow ribs

Thanks I'll pm futureal
Old 11-28-2002, 06:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Well here's something different. My first car was a Tamiya FF that I bought in Japan in 1996 when I moved there (full package for about 20,000yen). Couldn't believe the prices over there and pretty much was hooked on RC cars from then. Next car was a TA-03 then a TF-3 Type R.
Old 11-29-2002, 03:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Ah yes.

Grasshopper but I installed the 540 straight up Oh and I just had to have the 7.2volt hump pack no time to waste with a 6volt.

Second car was a Tamiya Audi Quattro, just like the original Wild Willy but a stretched version and from there I don't try to remember to much because I start to think of all the money I have spent. It did seem that when I got my first job at about 15/16yrs, that I brought a new car each week.

The best event...........To many to remember, but I do recall a National Title that I think a bloke called Dave Jackson helped create where they dug up a scoccer field to create the track.
I think it was called the T J Milner field. I'm not sure where you would see councils doing that these days. At that event I think it was the first time they ran a seven cell internatioal class.

I also remember watching a guy call Paul Jones race an early RC-10, this guy was a great tallent. Ask Ray Wood about the state titles he came second in to Paul at Ryde. Ray was racing the Mugen bulldog (4wd) and I think the only mod he had made to it was to put RC-10 shocks on it.

Craig
Old 11-29-2002, 04:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Zacspeed
Well here's something different. My first car was a Tamiya FF that I bought in Japan in 1996 when I moved there (full package for about 20,000yen). Couldn't believe the prices over there and pretty much was hooked on RC cars from then. Next car was a TA-03 then a TF-3 Type R.
? is that mr southern cross? ...if it is, have you got the kawaharra blade sway bars in yet?
Old 11-29-2002, 06:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey Tom
The next delivery from Kawahara is on its way, unfortunately snail mail, I hope it'll be in before Christmas.
Old 11-30-2002, 11:41 PM
Tech Rookie

to all you people talking about your old cars & tracks you have triggered the nostalgia in me. any chance someone out there remembers the old Liverpool indoor oval track (the bear pit) out at the show grounds. just 2 divisions of racing.2wd , 4wd, thats it. only rule was 6cell battery , usually charged with leads straight off a car battery, and charged so much that people had them in eskys of ice to stop em blowin up! interesting stuff, hornet v rc10, fox v kyoshu, on a track sprayed with a mix of coca cola & sugar before the racing began. I still race a little now a days, but still have trouble turning right. jog any memories?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.