Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
***SERPENT Tour Australia  6,7,8th March 2015*** >

***SERPENT Tour Australia 6,7,8th March 2015***

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

***SERPENT Tour Australia 6,7,8th March 2015***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I think you have misunderstood my comment, so I apologize.

This event is unique because it runs both nitro and electric. The likelihood of the event clashing with another electric or nitro event is even higher, and considering 45% of last years overall entries were electric, the organisers would have to factor this in to ensure they captured as many participants as possible.

Anyway, back on topic...... Looking forward to this event regardless of when it is held
Old 02-05-2015, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mrgsr
Lucky we only have 5 states that host IC state titles compared to other countries.
Don't you mean lucky we "STILL" have 5?

John, arguing among ourselves is worse that the poor scheduling, Jeff is correct, AARCMCC events should take priority over others.

I'll say it again, many of the NSW boys have young families, there are many that stopped racing all together so we do appreciate you all keeping a foot in the door. I know I would not have raced under those circumstances, MK, CR tended to their family.

Racing interstate costs 10x the amount it does locally and this is a fact. Lets not elude the limitations of those still active in the community and point fingers as to who came and didnt, there are many unsaid factors that govern when we can and cannot attend.

Unity is important, we should all be on the same page and do everything we can to enable participation. Whether the Serpent Tour changes the participation levels isn't the point, it's a perception that it will.

Perhaps in the future when our tracks are overgrown with weeds with parking lots that charge more per hour than noms, we might wish for the old days, and we were the custodians that let our arguing destroy what little is left.

John see if the club can muster up a IC NSW representative crew for SA to move this debate into a positive.

Im still renovating and have to sell the home, Lu's birthday weekend, it's chaotic but I wont rule out getting to Littlehampton, I'll be doing everything I can to make it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHiA7K3rp0w
Old 02-05-2015, 04:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

What has been done to the surface at Moorebank? Wasnt it only re laid a year or 2 ago?
Old 02-05-2015, 05:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Michael_T
Is it really a big issue?

Looking at last years list, only one interstate driver attended the Serpent Cup.

Interested to know how many NSW drivers will attend the SA titles.

Don't forget the Serpent Cup is an electric event too, so the organisers would of had to juggle around them too.

Just my 2c, don't shoot me
You have to see this from the SA club perspective, they pay AARCMCC a fee to be sanctioned and to run the State Titles. They set the dates and provided everyone
with plenty of notice. The group of IC guys from SA has spent a lot of time travelling to other events and supporting their local club racing to build the numbers up again.

How would the NSW club feel if VIC or another state organised an Event like the Capricorn Cup at the same time as Easter and provided another option for VIC, SA, ACT
and QLD guys to race at this event. This is why they are not happy about the date.

This is why its a big issue to them.
Old 02-05-2015, 05:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by West03
You have to see this from the SA club perspective, they pay AARCMCC a fee to be sanctioned and to run the State Titles. They set the dates and provided everyone
with plenty of notice. The group of IC guys from SA has spent a lot of time travelling to other events and supporting their local club racing to build the numbers up again.

How would the NSW club feel if VIC or another state organised an Event like the Capricorn Cup at the same time as Easter and provided another option for VIC, SA, ACT
and QLD guys to race at this event. This is why they are not happy about the date.

This is why its a big issue to them.
Well said Tim. This is why we are disappointed in SA. Having said that, I do understand it can be difficult finding an available and suitable weekend to hold these events.
Old 02-06-2015, 02:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Jeff and Tim well said guys i could not have said it better my self.
Nick Salib

Last edited by mugenmrxracer; 02-06-2015 at 01:11 PM.
Old 02-06-2015, 04:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Its Sad that this event has been thoughtlesly scheduled coinciding with the SA state titles
and it is sad that it is thoughtlesly a whole weekend event, just a few weeks away from the easter state titles. just sad sad sad.
Old 02-06-2015, 07:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Default serpent Cup

Hi Guys,

The SA team are a little disappointed that the SA state titles and the Serpent cup have clashed, we were looking forward to come over and support the event and catch up with all our friends in Sydney. Thank you to those who supported the Vic State titles it was good to catch up and compete against some really good drivers.
Hopefully this clash hasn't deterred some of the interstate drivers travelling to SA for the state titles as we are really looking forward to a awesome weekend. We know a few of the drivers from Victoria and Qld are coming and thats what makes it all worthwhile.
Let hope in the future we work out as to when to have these events , so that we can budget and support clubs when ever we can. I'am sure all members will make the effort from all states to compete at the 2015 Vic Aus Nationals.
The RRCSA club has really made a great effort to get all the facilities in order so that we can enjoy ourselfs at these events. Thanks guys.
Frank
Old 02-07-2015, 02:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Well I'm excited about this event

It's always a good weekend. Bring it on!
Old 02-07-2015, 04:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

At this stage its myself Matthew Oxford and i think Ben Dunn coming to the SA States, I'm looking forward to racing on your track again!

Originally Posted by mugenmtx5
Hi Guys,

The SA team are a little disappointed that the SA state titles and the Serpent cup have clashed, we were looking forward to come over and support the event and catch up with all our friends in Sydney. Thank you to those who supported the Vic State titles it was good to catch up and compete against some really good drivers.
Hopefully this clash hasn't deterred some of the interstate drivers travelling to SA for the state titles as we are really looking forward to a awesome weekend. We know a few of the drivers from Victoria and Qld are coming and thats what makes it all worthwhile.
Let hope in the future we work out as to when to have these events , so that we can budget and support clubs when ever we can. I'am sure all members will make the effort from all states to compete at the 2015 Vic Aus Nationals.
The RRCSA club has really made a great effort to get all the facilities in order so that we can enjoy ourselfs at these events. Thanks guys.
Frank
Old 02-07-2015, 05:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Great news look forward to seeing you all.Entries on MYRCM

Bring on the Vibe .
Old 02-10-2015, 03:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Kanea6
At this stage its myself Matthew Oxford and i think Ben Dunn coming to the SA States, I'm looking forward to racing on your track again!
Thanks guys! Looking forward to catching up with you then. Appreciate the support! Should be a fun little weekend.
Old 02-10-2015, 01:33 PM
Tech Addict

Spoke to a few of the guys from PDNR last night who are heading over to Moorebank to race the Serpent Tour. Great warm up for the State Titles. PDNR should be well represented in Tourer, 1/8 and GT and probably some electric classes aswell. Bring it on!
Old 02-10-2015, 03:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Looking forward to some practice racing before for the Serpent Tour.
Is racing on this weekend for on a 21.5 Electric car?

What is a fast lap time for this class, and is than on rubber or foams.

Thanks
Fred
Old 02-17-2015, 12:44 PM
Tech Addict

GT drivers, this event will be 7 minute qualifiers and a 35 minute final.....can you make 7 minutes??????

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.