Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2014 Qld ORRCA 1/10 EP On Road Titles 25-28 September Hosted by FCRCCC Hervey Bay >

2014 Qld ORRCA 1/10 EP On Road Titles 25-28 September Hosted by FCRCCC Hervey Bay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Qld ORRCA 1/10 EP On Road Titles 25-28 September Hosted by FCRCCC Hervey Bay

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 03:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Latest entry list

Entry list Update

Modified:

Andrew Clough - Confirmed
Brad McDonald - Confirmed
Corey Broadstock - Confirmed
Ed Clark - Confirmed
Jacob Staines - Confirmed
Jason Dorn - Confirmed
Luke Harvey - Confirmed
Luke Sinanian - Confirmed
Matthew Belton - Confirmed
Michael Redmond - Confirmed
Milton Lincoln - Confirmed
Peter Beckett - Confirmed
Shane Pearce - Confirmed

13.5 turn:

Aaron Chambers - Confirmed
Adrian Rice - Confirmed
Brad Hall - Confirmed
Brad Palmer - Confirmed
Cooper Porter - Confirmed
David Guyatt – Confirmed
Duncan Vaughan - Confirmed
Grant McDonald - Confirmed
Jeremy McAuley - Confirmed
Karl Kuehner - Confirmed
Les Ralston - Confirmed
Liam Chadwick - Confirmed
Luke Harvey - Confirmed
Mal Pearson - Confirmed
Mark Clews - Confirmed
Michael Lee - Confirmed
Noel Gordon - Confirmed
Rhys McAuley - Confirmed
Scott Craig - Confirmed
Scott Guyatt - Confirmed
Shane Hyde - Confirmed
Stephen Porter - Confirmed
Terry Norman - Confirmed

21.5 Turn

Elliot Hollis - Confirmed
Liam Chadwick - Confirmed
Michael Chiam - Confirmed
Molly Taynton - Confirmed
Nicole Pike
Noah Gordon - Confirmed
Robert Tyler - Confirmed
Stephen Porter - Confirmed

Please advise if there are any inconsistances or other problems.

Kindest regards,
Lars
Old 09-27-2014, 05:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

How was the racing yesterday did you all get a good run
Who is going well,who ran into trouble.
Old 09-27-2014, 11:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Results from the Qld titles can be found on the Logan website.

http://www.lcrccc.org.au/RaceResults...IndexFile.html
Old 09-28-2014, 02:09 AM
Tech Elite

Default What a great place to go racing...

Luke and I would like to extend our appreciation to Andrew and fellow Fraser Coast club members for a wonderful event in a setting that is our beloved Fraser coast. For anyone who races with a family, the Fraser coast track is without doubt THE BEST event to take mum, siblings, aunties and grandparents and enjoy the beauty of the bay, great eateries, wildlife, whales and know while we're racing our toy cars, they are chilling out on the water front enjoying the R&R... The accomodation on the esplanade at Bayshore was outstanding value and was hard to believe considering it was fully equipped with kitchen, laundry, two bedrooms and friendly management, we even had a fast WIFI connect and watched Kylie McBride do his thing at the off-road worlds. HOW GOOD IS THAT!!

We would also like to clarify our motives for attending the event and feel strongly about re-iterating our objectives. We will be attending the world 200mm IC titles in Thailand in a month and the opportunity to race on a smaller track and test our ability to adapt to new conditions and get up to speed quickly was one of the reasons we attended. Another was to return the countless times the Fraser coast boys have travelled down to Brisbane to participate with us and make our events bigger and better. We achieved our objectives, but we used up all our tyres.

We destroyed our first set of tyres in practice on Friday as our car was setup with a lot of camber for the SSF chassis geometry. This left us with two sets on Saturday, Luke's times were dropping and we took advantage of the 4 rounds and used up the remaining two sets to get as much good track-time
as possible. By the end of the day we'd made the A cut, and knowingly threw the correct race strategy out the window.

I feel very strongly about preserving racing etiquette and "stealing" an A final position from another driver does not sit well n our mode of racing. The MOD racing etiquette was the best I've witnessed in all my time racing so as a spectator it was great to watch, but there were regular drivers that were more deserving of an A Final and after strong discussions with Luke I managed to convince him that we'd met our objectives, had a wonderful day racing and enjoyed the whole trip. Sunday was going to be all downhill and would only blemish the great time we were having.

I officially withdrew Luke from the event as to create a position for someone else deserving of that place, we didn't impound our tyres, we told the top two drivers we were heading back and I'll leave that discussion to the powers that be...

In NO WAY should our actions be tainted with the notion of a disgruntled racer, we had the best time, Luke and I agree we made the correct decision and I trust that the 10th position be handed to the correct person.

Again, a big thanks to Andrew and the Fraser coast crew for the great event, without question anyone wanting to take the family away on an RC trip, HERVEY BAY IS THE PLACE TO BE.

Sincerely,

Harry & Luke

EDIT:

Included free: Nature's alarm clock at 5am!!

http://www.frasercoastchronicle.com....coast/1392209/
Old 09-28-2014, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Brilliant track and great fun event. Thanks to Fraser Coast crew and the race management team.

For one perspective on the event, our Saturday report and Sumday event wrap now online at Action R/C.
Old 09-28-2014, 01:47 PM
Tech Addict

Default Top Weekend

Those that ran in the event probably witnessed some of the best conditions in a picture perfect setting ever. Got to say its the first time the wife didn't want to come home from a Venue early. Congrats to the Fraser Boys for the big effort put into the facility. A special thnaks to the sports club cook who kept Elliot, me and the family well fed.
Apparently there are some really cool shops that the wife and daughter did not get to visit. So I've been told I have to got back soon. Thanks for the splendid weekend.

Well done to all the podium winners. And a good result from BRCCC drivers. Apparently I've been reminded that I owe Elliot a new TRF and a crack in 13.5

Cheers Brendan
Old 10-05-2014, 12:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Belated thanks to all.

Thanks to all that participated in the event. Awesome driving, plenty of junior drivers, and awesome preparation by the club.

On behalf of the race officials; specials thanks to Harry for running around getting us lunches. I hope I get a chance to return the favour.

A brief mention of the event at: http://www.redrc.net/2014/10/orrca-q...Car+News+DF%29.

Kindet regards,
Lars.