Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2014 Keilor SCT Stampede And Vintage Race >

2014 Keilor SCT Stampede And Vintage Race

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Keilor SCT Stampede And Vintage Race

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 02:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Guys - Thanks for an awesome day out today !

It was a fantastic event, and even though I did very poorly, I had a blast.

Special thanks to Wiggy for the Vintage component and the Keilor club for the Stampede

Cheers,

Tim
Old 04-26-2014, 03:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Full results are up:

http://www.keilorrc.org.au/results/2...ng_Report.html
Old 04-26-2014, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks to everyone involved in making the Stampede a success - the guys in the club for putting it on and specifically Wiggy for pushing the vintage class so hard. And to JW for his mad skills on the microphone as usual - it really adds to the feel of any race to have commentary!

Was some really fun racing with Ash, Kyle, Scott and Mark in SCT - makes me wonder how cool an invite style / heads up race with SCT would be.

Ill have the setup for my SC10.2 up on the Keilor page in the next day or so. I ended up running the JC sway bars front and rear and they were awesome on this track. Was like driving a buggy!

I almost didn't race my Cougar in vintage after a few last minute dramas, but Im glad I did - its always great to get the old girl out on the track, and it surprised me how well it handled. To get 10 laps with a 540 in a 22 year old car was a big surprise!

Thanks to Central RC for supporting the event, and looking forward to the next one already.

Ray
Old 04-26-2014, 04:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well Keilor RC, yet another a great event!

First, a big thanks to John Wiggins for the conception and organisation of the vintage sector!! Great effort mate! I didn't see one person doing anything other than having an absolutely blast hussling around the old pre '91 race cars, and checking out the displays in the pit area

Thanks also to Ray and Andrew for the tuff and close competition in 2wd vintage, was a great time as always when racing against you guys! Cheers!
Also thanks must go to Mark Polistena, Pete Brady and 'Doc' Salis for the work over the weekend in running the show, and as Ray has said, JW for as always the voice skills!

...And after thoroughly enjoying the last Keilor invitational meet, Rays idea of an SCT invite meet would be killer I'm sure! Bring it on.

See you all in Mildura for Mallee Madness on the June long weekend.

Cheers!
Old 04-26-2014, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 'Paris'
...And after thoroughly enjoying the last Keilor invitational meet, Rays idea of an SCT invite meet would be killer I'm sure! Bring it on.
Cheers!
Before anyone accuses me of being elitist - my comment was relating to the 'heads up' style of racing rather than being an invite event. Id love to see an SCT event with qualifying using more of a speedway / motox format with heads up points races, bump ups etc culminating in a 'feature race' under lights.

Always great to race against you Paris, thanks to you and Annabelle making the trip down from Mildura.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default vintage

thanks for the kinds words guys lifted my spirits abit i had a bad day was soooo tired and things went wrong all day for me,put a chain up to stop people picking up cars didnt work three brocken cars from being handled incorrectly and dropped,thanks to keilor and central rc.hope everybody looks after there certifacates as i did that by myself took me ages im not a pc buff lol and the other awards for vintage,bob told me me he had a blast so many memories for him,to me that made it all worth the effort as i have alot of respect for this man to see him smile and enjoying himself after so many years of rc racing and to give so much to the sport over the years.thats the best reward for me.

cheers wiggy
Old 04-27-2014, 02:45 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Wiggy sorry to hear about your cars being damaged. You have an incredible collection.

Was great to see so many smiling faces and didnt hear any aggro all day. Truck and vintage went together better than I expected - both appeal to the enjoyment side of the hobby. Only suggestion I have for next year is a bbq after the race so we can stand around and talk sh!t about the old days and old cars!

Looking forward to getting the vintage buggy out again in the future. ..

Ray

Originally Posted by jaylow215
thanks for the kinds words guys lifted my spirits abit i had a bad day was soooo tired and things went wrong all day for me,put a chain up to stop people picking up cars didnt work three brocken cars from being handled incorrectly and dropped,thanks to keilor and central rc.hope everybody looks after there certifacates as i did that by myself took me ages im not a pc buff lol and the other awards for vintage,bob told me me he had a blast so many memories for him,to me that made it all worth the effort as i have alot of respect for this man to see him smile and enjoying himself after so many years of rc racing and to give so much to the sport over the years.thats the best reward for me.

cheers wiggy
Old 04-27-2014, 03:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default meet

yes ray was awsome day i did try for a bbq on fri nite but people where in transit or working on cars, but its the perfect weekend for this type of event hope somebody takes it on next year
Old 04-27-2014, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Hi Everyone!!

just wanted to say a quick thank you to everyone down at Keilor for being so welcoming to the NSW guy. I pitted with Piers and Andre (Morton Bros) and Bill with his amazing Frog and had a great time talking about the cars. It was also great to meet kiwi tim and see old mates Bob, Paris and Wiggy again. Thanks also to Mark P for looking after us all day and checking that I had everything that I needed

The racing was great all day, I enjoyed watching the trucks drift into turn one while the track was cold and slippery, the track changed quite a lot after the slight shower and cold conditions, I enjoyed the track a lot and it was definitely suitable for the vintage cars.

The vintage racing was a blast, my newly prepared triumph was no match for the flying front-runners in 2wd (the top 3 went quicker than I did with my 4wd, how does that work, I thought my 4wd was on it, lol) my 4wd lazer is a dependable machine and quick too, the Morton bros and wiggy kept it honest all day though and the trucks were a lot of fun, the blaster might look pretty up to date but it doesn't handle up to date so the Schumacher caught me through the infield and my truck had the legs down the straight which made for entertaining racing and wiggy went great with the stadium thunder, I figured theyd be a good truck for 540 and it proved to be true. John's commentary certainly added to the excitement of the event too!

Thanks again everyone and I hope to see a few of your smiling faces at Castle Hill in September. we really want to make the festival this year the biggest one yet. in talking to a few of the guys over the weekend, it seems like we could have 3 big vintage meetings on the east coast each year, Castle Hill, Wodonga and Keilor.

Cheers

Mikey
Old 04-27-2014, 07:42 PM
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OldSkool
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=13059
An interesting read for the vintage junkies out there.
sadly RodL suffered a lipo accident & a lot of these valuables melted in smoke

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.ph...35188&start=30

Old 04-27-2014, 10:47 PM
Tech Elite

FYI my SCT setup is now posted on the Keilor website:
http://keilorrc.org.au/setups/2014_S...r_Stampede.pdf

I highly recommend installing the JConcepts front and rear swaybars on the SC10 - they make a huge difference on a track like Keilor, especially through the first few sweeping corners.

note: for some reason, sometimes these editable .pdfs dont work on all smartphones, so you may need to open with a PC.

(EDIT: check that 'annotations' are switched on in your pdf reader)

Ray

PS Id also like to thank all the other drivers in SCT for treating Lachie so well on the weekend. He really enjoyed the racing on the weekend and Im very proud of how he is coming along. He was pretty stoked to be in the same qualifying heat as me (the first time we have ever been in the same race) and without being able to watch him, I wasnt able to warn him about lapping traffic but I think he did OK. For an 8yo its important to get lots of positive reinforcement and he had lots of encouragement from others, so thanks.

Last edited by ray_munday; 04-28-2014 at 03:45 PM.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default vintage rc

Great day vintage racing guys, would like to see more of it. Special thanks to all those resposable, John Wiggins for putting it togeather, Ray Munday for the excellent "vinage" marshalling , Keilor rc and Central rc. Well done guys!!! It's a great start and as you can see interest is large, just look at Castle Hill. Keep up the great work and looking forward to some more vintage racing at Keilor. P.S nice work on the track!
Old 08-03-2014, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Hey everyone, sorry for spamming your thread, but we’re about 2 months out from the Castle Hill Vintage Festival (27th & 28th of September) so I thought I’d put the link up. In a nutshell this is an event for 1/10 electric off road cars from the 80’s and early 90’s with 540 (handout motor) and mod classes available. Please see the opening post in the thread for all the info and the link to online entries. The focus of the day is to bring like-minded people together for a fun weekend where we can race these great old machines and there’s no sheep stations on the line.

Any questions, please send me a pm, we have a lot of classes so whatever you have we should be able to find a spot for you, we have specific classes for the old greats (gold pan RC10 and original ultima), plus one for the old plastic 2wds and one for the hotshot series of buggies as well as the standard 2wd, 4wd and truck classes. It’s a welcoming and relaxed atmosphere at the Castle Hill club, BBQ lunch will be available both days
Last year we had guys come from as far as Vic and WA!!
Here’s the link, really hope to see you there!!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...r-27-28-a.html

Cheers

Mikey