Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2014 IC BUGGY AND TRUGGY NATIONAL TITLES >

2014 IC BUGGY AND TRUGGY NATIONAL TITLES

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 IC BUGGY AND TRUGGY NATIONAL TITLES

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 08:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Safety should and must always come first and in that sense i believe Daniel has a valid point

However the reality is that i have never heard anyone complain about fatigue causing them to have problems concentrating on driving or marshaling to the point where they would be blaming an events schedule for their lack of performance,

There will be hours between rounds at this event where to some extent you could relax however yet in particular it is the younger racers (young as seven at this event) at events that have more energy than all of us and during these brakes and when they are not racing they wont be laying around napping.. they will all be running around the place kicking balls / playing hide and seek or whatever non stop and they no doubt get a great nights sleep whilst dad wrenches on the car for the next day

I think in hindsight this combined Buggy and Truggy nationals format quite simply can not work over four days alone and needs to be addressed, Either we set aside another day which i note many people agree to in this thread or revert back

We may have changed the structure and put both classes together in order to get more people to the Truggy Nats but the reality of it is we have caused more issues than anything else by doing so and has been the case every event since

There are allot of other problems that don't show on the surface like track lighting and what times you may or may not be able to run Nitro cars at different facilities, For mine the biggest thing which is of no benefit with this format in the sense of numbers at events is now we simply have everyone who would normally just run buggy running both classes or vice versa... we have not gained numbers we simply have a heap of double entries and at this event they don't fit in... nothing against double entries (doing it myself) but clearly we need another day particularly if we do intend on only growing the sport further, Cutting race time or qualifiers down i believe is out of the question/ plain silly and will only upset people more

One final thing i want to say which is something i have mentioned before but it never happened or time ran out before it could be implemented is a very simple but logical way of getting real and the right feedback from racers about what they want so that we can in fact tailor events to the racing community

At this event along with the entry greeting envelopes which have your race numbers in and race schedule etc there should be a form, A very basic and easy to complete form which may have say ten questions with multiple tick a box answers to be returned and completed during the event

These questions could be as simple as,

Name -

Classes raced at this event-

1 - Would you be happy to attend a combined Buggy & Truggy Nationals which ran over a Five Day period Y/N?

2 - Would you rather another day added as mentioned above or have reduced race time / qualifiers to fit everything in over four days Y/N?

3 - Do you feel fatigue is a problem and a concern for you and your family at these long day events and that racing hours should be capped at say 8- 10 hours max per day Y/N?

Notes.....

We will have the majority of all 1/8th offroad racers at this event and it is too easy to get answers from the actual racers whilst there, If clubs have racers that have not attended yet want to have their say then the forms could be distributed to these racers that could not make the event and they have their say too, People on clubs committees like Shane Kelly and Craig laughton , Allen Nankervis etc could see to it this was done

I am not saying i have any perfect resolution!, Clearly there will always be people who wont be happy with a format but we must get the majority of the ACTUAL racers opinion if we are to have any chance of trying to sort things out for the better

I can tell everyone now that at the AGM just like every other AGM 95% of racers will be wrenching or driving back to their hotel or taking a hot shower or eating a nice meal... and a handful of people clearly with good intentions decide what happens and complications like this are a direct result of such small gatherings

Its much easier to hand the forms out then if people want their say they have can have it, we can then make an informed decision about how to address the problems as best we can and may well learn something from it in the process

I am more than happy to create these forms myself, I would like input and or ideas for questions particularly from aarcmcc and state delegates but anyone could feel free to pm me

How simple and logical is that?

My 2c

PS: Track looks good,.. This is going to be a great event!

Dave
Old 07-05-2014, 08:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Again, does anyone know the entries that have payed but don't have a spot ? how many have pulled out ? And who has got a spot from the waiting list ???

10 days till the event, I'm sure some one from the club has an idea so people know what there doing !! ??
Old 07-06-2014, 01:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc skyline
Safety should and must always come first and in that sense i believe Daniel has a valid point

However the reality is that i have never heard anyone complain about fatigue causing them to have problems concentrating on driving or marshaling to the point where they would be blaming an events schedule for their lack of performance,

There will be hours between rounds at this event where to some extent you could relax however yet in particular it is the younger racers (young as seven at this event) at events that have more energy than all of us and during these brakes and when they are not racing they wont be laying around napping.. they will all be running around the place kicking balls / playing hide and seek or whatever non stop and they no doubt get a great nights sleep whilst dad wrenches on the car for the next day

I think in hindsight this combined Buggy and Truggy nationals format quite simply can not work over four days alone and needs to be addressed, Either we set aside another day which i note many people agree to in this thread or revert back

We may have changed the structure and put both classes together in order to get more people to the Truggy Nats but the reality of it is we have caused more issues than anything else by doing so and has been the case every event since

There are allot of other problems that don't show on the surface like track lighting and what times you may or may not be able to run Nitro cars at different facilities, For mine the biggest thing which is of no benefit with this format in the sense of numbers at events is now we simply have everyone who would normally just run buggy running both classes or vice versa... we have not gained numbers we simply have a heap of double entries and at this event they don't fit in... nothing against double entries (doing it myself) but clearly we need another day particularly if we do intend on only growing the sport further, Cutting race time or qualifiers down i believe is out of the question/ plain silly and will only upset people more

One final thing i want to say which is something i have mentioned before but it never happened or time ran out before it could be implemented is a very simple but logical way of getting real and the right feedback from racers about what they want so that we can in fact tailor events to the racing community

At this event along with the entry greeting envelopes which have your race numbers in and race schedule etc there should be a form, A very basic and easy to complete form which may have say ten questions with multiple tick a box answers to be returned and completed during the event

These questions could be as simple as,

Name -

Classes raced at this event-

1 - Would you be happy to attend a combined Buggy & Truggy Nationals which ran over a Five Day period Y/N?

2 - Would you rather another day added as mentioned above or have reduced race time / qualifiers to fit everything in over four days Y/N?

3 - Do you feel fatigue is a problem and a concern for you and your family at these long day events and that racing hours should be capped at say 8- 10 hours max per day Y/N?

Notes.....

We will have the majority of all 1/8th offroad racers at this event and it is too easy to get answers from the actual racers whilst there, If clubs have racers that have not attended yet want to have their say then the forms could be distributed to these racers that could not make the event and they have their say too, People on clubs committees like Shane Kelly and Craig laughton , Allen Nankervis etc could see to it this was done

I am not saying i have any perfect resolution!, Clearly there will always be people who wont be happy with a format but we must get the majority of the ACTUAL racers opinion if we are to have any chance of trying to sort things out for the better

I can tell everyone now that at the AGM just like every other AGM 95% of racers will be wrenching or driving back to their hotel or taking a hot shower or eating a nice meal... and a handful of people clearly with good intentions decide what happens and complications like this are a direct result of such small gatherings

Its much easier to hand the forms out then if people want their say they have can have it, we can then make an informed decision about how to address the problems as best we can and may well learn something from it in the process

I am more than happy to create these forms myself, I would like input and or ideas for questions particularly from aarcmcc and state delegates but anyone could feel free to pm me

How simple and logical is that?

My 2c

PS: Track looks good,.. This is going to be a great event!

Dave
Your not serious, yeh?

1. The only reason we have a problem with the entry cap is because this nats is in QLD. Any other state at we won't have this problem, and everyone can settle down QLD have a much bigger racing scene than the rest of Australia, therefore their events are allways larger because of local entry's.

2. Do you not remember what a failure the stand alone truggy nats was? Clubs did not want to run the event, nobody was travelling to it, it was a joke. Now we have all the best drivers attending the event and contesting both titles, it's a far more desirable situation. The delegates and Jarrod are not stupid, they have made the sensible choices!

Double travel costs, airfares, accom and time of work mean that attending two nats is virtually impossible for most. Plus, are you gonna take days of work to travel across Australia for a Truggy nats with 35 people there? Don't think so.

The combined nats has been a huge success!
Old 07-06-2014, 01:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hyper7vspec
Your not serious, yeh?

1. The only reason we have a problem with the entry cap is because this nats is in QLD. Any other state at we won't have this problem, and everyone can settle down QLD have a much bigger racing scene than the rest of Australia, therefore their events are allways larger because of local entry's.

2. Do you not remember what a failure the stand alone truggy nats was? Clubs did not want to run the event, nobody was travelling to it, it was a joke. Now we have all the best drivers attending the event and contesting both titles, it's a far more desirable situation. The delegates and Jarrod are not stupid, they have made the sensible choices!

Double travel costs, airfares, accom and time of work mean that attending two nats is virtually impossible for most. Plus, are you gonna take days of work to travel across Australia for a Truggy nats with 35 people there? Don't think so.

The combined nats has been a huge success!
Spot on Fordy
Old 07-06-2014, 02:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I am sure this is getting delt with tonight.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nafhan
Does anyone know ????
This is being finalised tonight.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:33 AM
Tech Regular

Concur Fordy.

The last nats in Qld had about 120 buggy entries who turned laps, the following year in Perth there were 69.

In the future, we will still have issues running both classes during the event period no matter the state. I believe the concept is worth it but something needs to give - either longer events, longer days or less track time. A worthy discussion point during the AGM. At five days I'm not coming but that is just me.

As an FYI to those enquiring, I've dropped my buggy entry and will be campaigning my mountainbike instead between rounds. Daisy Hill only 3-4k from the track has some of Brisbane's best trails so if anyone wants to join me, bring your ride and we can get as much track time as you like.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

iam not saying anything as iam far to real for all you PC people, and would upset some lets just race long days at the track so be it I would rather be at the track for 14 hours than at work for 14 I can tell you that right now
Old 07-06-2014, 02:50 AM
Tech Addict

Simply asking racers what they want?, yes im absolutely serious!

I never said Jarrod was stupid or anyone esle for that matter, I stated there are only good intentions of the decisions made, But how bout we actually get feedback from racers at the event and use it?

The past Truugy Nats which were on their own had over 50 entries , prior not including Femca over 70.. not great but not exactly 35 entries either

If this cap of 180 will only happen in QLD like you say then no worries i guess its really simple we just make QLD nationals five days..

Id rather think the cap can be easily reached in other states also and is what we should be aiming for, Sure it may seem qld has a bit more going on and i fully appreciate that but i don't think it would be that much different to NSW and VIC nor that it will always be this way... why would it?

Maybe you looked at my post but did not read it? , My main concern that we could and should very simply ask the actual racers of this country what suits them best because the past few pages of this forum from what i have read very clearly show many people are not happy with the current ways or cant understand why we have them.. and wonder can things be altered for the better

I stand by what i have always said and that is that we have had issues like this since every combined event!, Even if its just debate about Buggy been ran during the day and Truggy at night etc it seems to be a problem for many.. now the hours that are involved etc

Im not saying it was a stupid decision!, im not even saying we need to go back to separate events just clearly stating that there have been problems ever since and just maybe and for mine very logically we should see what the racers who attend want in order to tailor the events as best as possible

Dave
Old 07-06-2014, 03:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Dave,

Those three questions that you posed were all answered in the racers survey that Chris and I did a little over 18 months ago. The results of that survey have influenced almost all of the change and decision that we've made since.

With regard to the discussion regarding race time, check out rule 1.10 of the section rules:
1.10 Where possible, at the discretion of host club with due consideration of entry numbers and
schedule Racing should be restricted to eight (8) hours for any given day inclusive of drivers
briefing. Should there be adequate lighting, offering no disadvantage to drivers or pit crew, the
event may be partially or fully held under lights.
I'm the first to admit that a fair chunk of these rules are a joke, but for anyone who's been involved in running a major event, this rule's not there without reason.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'll get all the sleep i need when im dead, bring on the nats grrrr
Old 07-06-2014, 03:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcmad2700
iam not saying anything as iam far to real for all you PC people, and would upset some lets just race long days at the track so be it I would rather be at the track for 14 hours than at work for 14 I can tell you that right now
Old 07-06-2014, 03:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc skyline
Simply asking racers what they want?, yes im absolutely serious!

I never said Jarrod was stupid or anyone esle for that matter, I stated there are only good intentions of the decisions made, But how bout we actually get feedback from racers at the event and use it?

The past Truugy Nats which were on their own had over 50 entries , prior not including Femca over 70.. not great but not exactly 35 entries either

If this cap of 180 will only happen in QLD like you say then no worries i guess its really simple we just make QLD nationals five days..

Id rather think the cap can be easily reached in other states also and is what we should be aiming for, Sure it may seem qld has a bit more going on and i fully appreciate that but i don't think it would be that much different to NSW and VIC nor that it will always be this way... why would it?

Maybe you looked at my post but did not read it? , My main concern that we could and should very simply ask the actual racers of this country what suits them best because the past few pages of this forum from what i have read very clearly show many people are not happy with the current ways or cant understand why we have them.. and wonder can things be altered for the better

I stand by what i have always said and that is that we have had issues like this since every combined event!, Even if its just debate about Buggy been ran during the day and Truggy at night etc it seems to be a problem for many.. now the hours that are involved etc

Im not saying it was a stupid decision!, im not even saying we need to go back to separate events just clearly stating that there have been problems ever since and just maybe and for mine very logically we should see what the racers who attend want in order to tailor the events as best as possible

Dave
As Jarrod has just said, the correct steps and were undertaken by Jarrod and Chris to obtain the general consensus of the racing community before moving ahead with the changes.

Forums are often misleading, the views and opinions of a few people can give the impression that the majority also thinks this way, and most of the time that is incorrect.

It's all good and well to suggest the ideas you have, but no matter what way you ultimately go, you will more than likely anger half the people that attend these events.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

OK, lots of people have been asking for the schedule, well here it is.

2014 AARCMCC IC OFR Nationals Schedule-

Thursday 13 hrs
800 Drivers Briefing & Concourse
830 Practice Round 1
1200 Practice Round 2
1530 Qualifying Round 1
1900 Qualifying Round 2 (Buggy)
2100 Finish

Friday 9 hrs
800 Qualifying Round 2 (Truggy)
930 Official Opening Ceremony
1000 Qualifying Round 3
1330 Qualifying Round 4
1700 Finish
1730 AARCMCC IC OFR Section AGM

Saturday 9 hrs
730 Qualifying Round 5
1100 Break
1130 Buggy 1/32 B 20 min
1155 Buggy 1/32 A 20 min
1220 Truggy 1/16 B 20 min
1245 Truggy 1/16 A 20 min
1310 Buggy 1/16 B 20 min
1335 Buggy 1/16 A 20 min
1400 Truggy 1/8 B 30 min
1435 Truggy 1/8 A 30 min
1510 Buggy 1/8 B 30 min
1545 Buggy 1/8 A 30 min
1620 Finish

Sunday 8.5 hrs
700 Truggy Semi B Prac 10 min
715 Truggy Semi A Prac 10 min
730 Truggy 1/4 B 30 min
805 Truggy 1/4 A 30 min
840 Buggy Semi B Prac 10 min
855 Buggy Semi A Prac 10min
910 Buggy 1/4 B 30 min
945 Buggy 1/4 A 30 min
1020 Truggy Semi B 30 min
1055 Truggy Semi A 30 min
1130 Buggy Semi B 30 min
1205 Buggy Semi A 30 min
1240 Break 30 min
1315 Truggy Main 60 min
1430 Buggy Main 60 min
1530 Finish*
1615 Presentation

The schedule is subject to change at race control's discretion.
Old 07-06-2014, 05:52 AM
Tech Addict

I am not out to nor can see how i will anger anyone attending these events when all i want is to make sure for certain they themselves get to have their say at the event which would be the best way to conduct a "survery"

I am pretty sure the majority are happy with the current running's but its all too easy to confirm that by way of survey at the event, Because for example to say it makes things cheaper for everyone is rubbish

Take people running one class, They take another day off work or school... they pay extra for accommodation etc and get less track time as a result when no doubt these may well be the people that can only just afford to run one class as it is

Im not sure exactly what happens if dare i say it we get one or two days rain.... i am sure there would be all sorts of issues there

Ultimately we have put 7-8 days of racing into four days and its going to make some things problematic

I know both Jarrod and Chris well and i have absolutely no doubt they did the best they could have at the given time, they are both very intelligent diligent yet modest and only good things can be said for them!

All that said the decision to run like this was made a couple of years ago now... another reason along with how this thread has gone to justify a very thorougher and easy to do survey which im happy to organize myself which is just in the best interests of everybody and may well be interesting

I find it hard to believe and cant understand why state delegates or aarcmcc would not want to know peoples current opinions if that is the case which is the impression i get... perhaps im wrong, i really don't know im just thinking out loud

I think ill just do my survey then post and give the results to aarcmcc.. which i can only hope will be of some use, sure cant do any harm!

One last thing regarding these later entries which have caused some people problems

I understand that the time of actual entry payment by the racer is irreverent and that what matters is the time that the payment was received by the host clubs bank which is fine, However i also understand that some people have asked to see the statements to confirm when payments were indeed received by the club to ensure fairness and that the rules are indeed rules yet they were not shown,

I think and agree with others that it would be the right thing to do to show when payments were received

Ill leave it at that

Dave

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.