Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2014 NSW EP10 Off-Road Club Series >

2014 NSW EP10 Off-Road Club Series

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 NSW EP10 Off-Road Club Series

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 03:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NOFX
Just to answer

baggz will be discussing the situation with the 6 4x4SCT racers . I don't understand people having a cry about the entry price. Did u or others not read the first post in the thread? Shouldn't you or others decided it wasn't worth it before entering The class still earns points for individual point score. The same trophies are awarded to the winners of that class as are the other 6. The only difference is that since it's not a sanctioned class it does not earn points for the club point score.

There have been precedents of this situation before. We all went up to Maitland, it got rained out so we all paid for accommodation etc but then just went home. The rerun was then under threat of rain but we'd gone through 2 rounds of qualifying before the downpour. Club reps decided to call the event and the results were declared.

we can't control the weather and is not like one person made the call. Many factors were discussed. Please contact a club rep. I can't direct you to who that is since you have chosen not to attach your name to your post

cheers

mikey
+1 its always a risk cant help the weather i got done in at maitland a few times its the risk i took
Old 03-20-2014, 06:21 PM
Tech Regular

Any spots left in 4WD Stock? Suddenly found out I am available that day!!
Old 03-20-2014, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ASH93A
Any spots left in 4WD Stock? Suddenly found out I am available that day!!
Goto http://nswclubseries.com/
And submit your entry. there is not many spots available
Cheers

Last edited by jordy-15; 03-20-2014 at 08:51 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

http://nswclubseries.com/

lol that's where to enter for the club series. 4wd stock is close to full. Then people will be put on the reserve list

2wd stock already has 3 people on reserve
Old 03-21-2014, 12:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Mikey,

I have made a mistake when i entered CS, i put my second entry as 4wd stock but it was suppose to be 4wd mod. is it possible to change my entry?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:34 AM
Tech Regular

http://nswclubseries.com/

lol that's where to enter for the club series. 4wd stock is close to full. Then people will be put on the reserve list

2wd stock already has 3 people on reserve

Just trying to do my Online entry but for some reason after I put all my details in and then it trys to go to Paypal I get a error!!

So not sure if my entry has been added?

If not please add me in

Adrian Harlor
4WD Stock
Transponder - to be confirmed
Car - TLR 22-4

Thanks Adrian.
Old 03-21-2014, 01:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We've had no problem with the last 150 entries,,
Mikey might be able to help,,but you have to enter and the pay by paypal for name to be on list,,
Send Mikey a pm,,
Old 03-21-2014, 01:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Amordus
Hi Mikey,

I have made a mistake when i entered CS, i put my second entry as 4wd stock but it was suppose to be 4wd mod. is it possible to change my entry?

Thanks in advance.
Hi James. I can get your entry moved however I see you're also in 2wd stock. You can't cross enter between motor classes apart from truck/sct so you'll need to run both mod or both stock. Just let me know

cheers

mikey
Old 03-21-2014, 01:18 AM
Tech Elite

Hi Adrian

your entry has come through but I can't mark it as confirmed as I'm not near a pc for the weekend however I'll sort it out Sunday night but you are the last on the list. All entries after will be on the reserve list
Old 03-21-2014, 03:18 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Adrian

your entry has come through but I can't mark it as confirmed as I'm not near a pc for the weekend however I'll sort it out Sunday night but you are the last on the list. All entries after will be on the reserve list
Thanks mate, is there a way I can manually pay via Paypal?

P.S Will also pay my Castle Hill membership.. can this be done via Paypal as well?

Cheers
Adrian Harlor
Old 03-22-2014, 05:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default How to stop rule breaking like Truck last Sunday

Hi All some of you may know me some are too new (I stopped in 91 and have been back since middle of 12.) Who am I like Romsey I went to UK for worlds in 97 and competed in the worlds in 89 at St Ives, was one of the initial members of ORRCA OZ.

So I do understand rules.

There is no where in the club series rules that states a round may be called after TWO qualifying rounds, the only thing written is about calling a B final on qualifying if there is insufficient time.

So where do the Club reps come off calling the truck round at Castle Hill on the 16-3-14 after two rounds of qualifying.

I hear there is a precedent from Maitland some time back was it really.
I believe that was the second time it had been attempted to be run so not really the same any way.

I would think if this is what the clubs want a pretend series then amend the rules to that.

I firmly believe the majority don't want this and would have rather had the round re-run. And if the situation had re-occurred the round canceled!!! and a Credit given even if there was a fee held for out of pocket expenses by the host club.

I also think these days there should be a standard for track prep Castle Hill did what they could but the rain over the previous weeks had not helped at all, I hear it is the same for all it's off road, true but should we all accept dangerous marshaling conditions and a lack of grip or even rutted, holed or stoney surfaces. I did ask Richard not to run as I thought it was unsafe for marshaling.

It has just left a bad taste in my mouth.

No I don't want to run any thing just my opinion like it or hate it.

Thank you for taking the time to read my comments.

Scott Salter
Old 03-22-2014, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

The NSW Club Series is run under AARCMCC rules, the rules on the website are series specific rules, where they don't cover an area then the AARCMCC rules are used.

Therefore:
7.3.6.2 If no finals have been completed final results will fall to completed rounds of qualifying results.

As for re-running the event, when would you have it re-run? And how would you convince all those people to come back for a second time and in many cases a third time if they are doing the buggy classes? It just isn't that simple, especially after heats have been run.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottSC10
Hi All some of you may know me some are too new (I stopped in 91 and have been back since middle of 12.) Who am I like Romsey I went to UK for worlds in 97 and competed in the worlds in 89 at St Ives, was one of the initial members of ORRCA OZ.

So I do understand rules.

There is no where in the club series rules that states a round may be called after TWO qualifying rounds, the only thing written is about calling a B final on qualifying if there is insufficient time.

So where do the Club reps come off calling the truck round at Castle Hill on the 16-3-14 after two rounds of qualifying.

I hear there is a precedent from Maitland some time back was it really.
I believe that was the second time it had been attempted to be run so not really the same any way.

I would think if this is what the clubs want a pretend series then amend the rules to that.

I firmly believe the majority don't want this and would have rather had the round re-run. And if the situation had re-occurred the round canceled!!! and a Credit given even if there was a fee held for out of pocket expenses by the host club.

I also think these days there should be a standard for track prep Castle Hill did what they could but the rain over the previous weeks had not helped at all, I hear it is the same for all it's off road, true but should we all accept dangerous marshaling conditions and a lack of grip or even rutted, holed or stoney surfaces. I did ask Richard not to run as I thought it was unsafe for marshaling.

It has just left a bad taste in my mouth.

No I don't want to run any thing just my opinion like it or hate it.

Thank you for taking the time to read my comments.

Scott Salter
Hi Scott,

I'm not racing the current round, and am not involved in admin this year, so I hope you'll accept this as disinterested information.

The meeting at Maitland mentioned was not the first time that a meeting had been called where classes had only 2 rounds of qualifying complete.

There used to be detailed auxiliary rules on the website that specifically said the meeting could be called after 2 heats in the event of weather. These were written by Gavin Bruce (in around 2008 or 2009) when he was doing the admin for the series. Those rules have since been taken down only because there were sections in them that were way out of date and had been superseded. However the meeting format hasn't changed from those rules. Unless a change was agreed in the recent split of Truck and Buggy then that meeting format still stands.

The basic meeting format has not changed since Gavin wrote the CS auxillary rules. The format of 3 heats and triple finals is based off an AARCMCC Championship format with one heat less. Because there are so many classes it is impossible to run to a full AARCMCC quota of 4 heats and triple finals. AARCMCC rules allow a Championship to be run with 3 heats when weather intervenes with agreement of the Jury. As I say, the principle for Club Series has been to take the meeting format and reduce it by one heat, and this applies to rain interruptions as well.

My interpretation of those rules would be that if the Stadium Truck and SCT classes had run 2 heats then those results can stand, as they are the only ones that form part of the Club Series proper.

4x4 running as a Demo, or as a Championship separate to the Club Series would seem to be a different case though. I do not believe you could call a result there based on one heat (as I believe has happened). That result should be scrapped and drivers in that class returned $20 out of their $25 entry fee.

There has always been a $5 non-refundable fee that goes to the host club for their trouble in case the event is unable to be run due to force majure. In reality $5 doesn't really cover it, as most clubs buy a heap of food, some of which spoils, spend significant sums resurfacing and getting the track in pristine condition for the round, and have their members do a lot of work in advance.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I believe st Ives called the j concepts clash in 2011 after 2 rounds of qualifying so it has happened before on a number of occasions.

You don't get a refund because the club bought trophies, they are being awarded at the buggy day. The club had to throw out like 50 bread rolls, onions, etc...

The one disadvantage of the split day is there really is no possibility of a re run. It's an 8 round series plus we have the state titles and club shield. That's 10 nsw based events this year taking people away from the normal club days not to mention the strain on family life as a club day is 9-3pm while the big race days are 12hrs at the track.

I know it sucks that it rained and you didn't get value for money but that's the way it is. Fingers crossed we have good weather for the other race days.

I'm personally disappointed it rained because it was shaping up to be the best race meet I have been to. The atmosphere that day was so chilled out and relaxed, everyone was just out to have a fun day at the track with mates, the BBQ was looking good, the track was evolving race by race and was fun to drive on something other then sugar super high grip.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

And the club series has nothing to do with AARCMCC and is not a aarcmcc race.

We use the aarcmcc rules for convenience, standardization and to help new races progress from club racing to club series to state title to nationals with common rule set.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.