Search

2013 VORTEC STATE TITLES

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 09:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thefan
Yes i know i can use 3 sets of tyres but i was wondering would i need 3 sets for 21.5 considering at the metro masters they only allowed 2 sets of tyres so would you consider the boronia track to be very abrassive on tyres, more so than tftr?
You only buy the 3rd set if you wish if you make the A final, no obligation to buy them, so if you dont need them, dont buy them. And all the club racing is done at night under cooler conditions, tire wear is usually very low then, hard know exactly what the wear will be like during the day.

Max
Old 03-04-2013, 12:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by trevor waye
wayne both our entries were put in two weeks ago
Ur such a nice old man!
Old 03-04-2013, 08:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by thefan
Hi i have a few questions regarding the 21.5 boosted class , what fdr would i need for the new track layout and i noticed that 3 sets of tyres are available to use, is the track very abrassive as it seems 3 sets is overkill?
Most of the Blinky Drivers are running an FDR between 3 and 4. 3.5 is a nice starting point but of course you individual setup will dictate the best for you.

21.5 Blinky have the same tire option as everyone else, which is probably overkill, but every one has the same option. The track has good grip levels and is not abrasive on tires. I'm sure if you wanted to you could run the whole event on 1 set of tires, just be aware the the driver in front of you might have taken all 3
Old 03-05-2013, 04:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi Guys,
No entries in blinky yet... If I enter, and I'm the only one, will you just mail me the trophy and I can go fishing?
Old 03-05-2013, 12:22 PM
Tech Adept

Hehehe. You'll have to fight me for it.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Damian Andrews
Hehehe. You'll have to fight me for it.
Oh, be nice. If we can come to an arrangement, you'll get second place and three good sized Snappers.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:44 PM
Tech Adept

Interesting. Trophies are very unique and hard to replicate. I'd consider 5 snappers.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:12 PM
Tech Adept

VTC Rule Changes

Please note there has been a rule change regarding VTC class. The legal motors and speed controllers will be as per the rules as published on the VORTEC website (see link below)

The entry form referred to the 21.5 Blinky list. The rules as listed on the entry form are incorrect. The correct rule is:
Any IFMAR/ROAR approved 21.5 turn brushless motor with any rotor released for that motor.
Any IFMAR/ROAR approved Brushless ESC set to blinky mode.

The rules for VORTEC VTC is as per the link below.

http://www.vortec.org.au/v/Electric_...ass_Rules.html
Old 03-07-2013, 09:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Default VTC Motor/Esc

Originally Posted by Damian Andrews
VTC Rule Changes

Please note there has been a rule change regarding VTC class. The legal motors and speed controllers will be as per the rules as published on the VORTEC website (see link below)

The entry form referred to the 21.5 Blinky list. The rules as listed on the entry form are incorrect. The correct rule is:
Any IFMAR/ROAR approved 21.5 turn brushless motor with any rotor released for that motor.
Any IFMAR/ROAR approved Brushless ESC set to blinky mode.

The rules for VORTEC VTC is as per the link below.
This brings the class in line with the current VORTEC VTC rules which were not published at the time of the entry form being released.

All we have done is open up the motor and speedy options so anyone running a motor on the Blinky list will still be legal for the class.

This should entice more entrants as those who did not have a 'Blinky' motor but did have an otherwise legal IFMAR/ROAR 21.5 can now race. We are hoping to have a strong field of VTC this year with some competitive racing.

On a side note thanks to all involved in getting the new VORTEC website up and running. It looks great.

Aaron.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Just though I'd let everyone know that we have had some custom once off trophies produced especially for this event that look stunning. This will be you only chance to take one home.

Get your entries in now while number are still low and increase you chance of taking home one of these gems. I guarantee you will not be disappointed!

Last edited by xylish; 03-07-2013 at 10:29 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:07 PM
Tech Rookie

For all of those that have not made the trip down to our track recently here is a pic of the upgrades we have made in preparation for the State Titles.

The infamous wooden boards have been replaced with pipe and are much friendlier to you car

The right straight and front straight have been connected by a large radius corner to maximise straight line speed in the area we have available

The technical chicane has been added to balance the new straight and is great fun to drive.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by xylish
For all of those that have not made the trip down to our track recently here is a pic of the upgrades we have made in preparation for the State Titles.

The infamous wooden boards have been replaced with pipe and are much friendlier to you car

The right straight and front straight have been connected by a large radius corner to maximise straight line speed in the area we have available

The technical chicane has been added to balance the new straight and is great fun to drive.
I've not had the time to get out there to have a look but this new layout looks great! looking forward to getting out there for the vics... well done to all at boronia for the new layout
Old 03-11-2013, 03:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi,
can you please confirm that you received the entries for Liam James (21.5 and Callum James (blinky).

Thanks
Old 03-11-2013, 03:53 PM
Tech Adept

Hi,

As of last night no they haven't been received. Could you email through to [email protected]. Thank you
Old 03-11-2013, 05:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Damian,
I have emailed the entries.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.