Search

2012-13 AKA NSW SCT Tour

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 06:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 2012-13 AKA NSW SCT Tour

On behalf of the NSW 1/10 electric off road clubs we are proud to announce the AKA NSW Short Course Truck Tour.

Classes will be Pro-2 and Pro-4 with series trophies up for grabs. Pro-2 is the Championship Class and a shakedown for the class to enter the Club Series in 2013. Pro-4 will run as a support class for the tour.
Entry fees will be $15 per class

Pro-2 will run a control tyre on the driven axles only, this will be the AKA Gridiron (soft compound) and will be the same specification for all rounds. Pro-4 tyre is open (see rules)

Thanks to the AKA distributor Ryper Hobbies in WA we have managed to secure excellent pricing for the series and ordering details are below. You can however buy the tyre from any source.
There will be no limit on the amount of tyres you can run but testing we have conducted so far we have found that grip and durability is up there with the best of any SCT tire currently available (For those who haven’t run them think similar to a Sniper but superior durability).

Ryper Hobbies have offered a special deal to all participants in the series to obtain their grid iron tyres in the soft compound complete with insert for $15 a pair!! That’s cheaper than anywhere, so get together with your mates, put in an order with Ryper hobbies, call them on 08-6254 2992, speak to Josh or David, tell them you’re running in the AKA NSW SCT Tour and they’ll hook you up. You can visit their website too http://www.ryperhobbies.com.au/

Josh tells me they can fit 12 sets of tyres in an airbag, so work out an order and save on postage. They have stock arriving in the next few days so you will be able to pre-order your tyres, and have over a month to practise on them before the first event!

The rules will be posted soon on the Club Series website http://nswclubseries.com/

Tour rounds will, for the most part, run in conjunction with regular club race days and will be made up of a minimum 2 heats, and triple A finals.

Maitland -- July 15th
Castle Hill -- August 5th
Liverpool -- October 14th
St Ives -- November 4th
Ryde -- Final --January 27th (Annual SydneyRC SCT Championships)

With the later addition of Liverpool to the series there will be one dropped round for series points.

Last edited by RacerEd; 09-18-2012 at 04:51 AM.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

AWESOME

Well done to the people involved getting this off the ground...
Old 05-20-2012, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I just noticed that the rules state a maximum wheelbase of 330mm.The Traxxas Slash has a wheelbase of 335mm(that's why ROAR rules are 335mm).
Any chance that the maximum measurement can be changed to 335mm so those of us with a Traxxas can race.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Henry#40
I just noticed that the rules state a maximum wheelbase of 330mm.The Traxxas Slash has a wheelbase of 335mm(that's why ROAR rules are 335mm).
Any chance that the maximum measurement can be changed to 335mm so those of us with a Traxxas can race.
That requirement is for a custom made chassis (converted Stadium Truck). It doesn't apply to commercially produced kits, so the Slash is fine.

We can probably look at it though, as you're right that is what the ROAR rules say.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

As some of you are probably aware, the Team Durango DESC410R does not some with a rear bumper as stock, will this be allowed to race or will anyone wishing to compete with the DESC410R be required to purchase and fit the optional rear bumper or an after market alternative?
Old 05-20-2012, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ufJmacca
As some of you are probably aware, the Team Durango DESC410R does not some with a rear bumper as stock, will this be allowed to race or will anyone wishing to compete with the DESC410R be required to purchase and fit the optional rear bumper or an after market alternative?
Can't see why not mate as it did in the Australian titles and finished 2nd with no complaints or anything from the rules etc

I thought max width is 296mm for SCT ?
Old 05-20-2012, 09:56 PM
Tech Champion

Surely it's not that hard to fit the optional bumpers? I may have missed the fact that some trucks were missing a front bumper as scrutineer at the Nats, but one scrutineer's mistake at a single race doesn't set a precedent.

These rules don't require a lot to comply with them. It really shouldn't be that hard.

Once again, the width requirement is only for a converted Stadium Truck with a custom made chassis. The wheels have to fit within the 'SCT specific' body anyway (for all trucks), so if the body isn't also 300 mm wide then you'll be out of luck.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Peli
AWESOME

Well done to the people involved getting this off the ground...
+1 this series sounds cool
Old 05-21-2012, 02:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Radio Active
Surely it's not that hard to fit the optional bumpers? I may have missed the fact that some trucks were missing a front bumper as scrutineer at the Nats, but one scrutineer's mistake at a single race doesn't set a precedent.

These rules don't require a lot to comply with them. It really shouldn't be that hard.

Once again, the width requirement is only for a converted Stadium Truck with a custom made chassis. The wheels have to fit within the 'SCT specific' body anyway (for all trucks), so if the body isn't also 300 mm wide then you'll be out of luck.
Dan you did not make any mistakes the Durango does not come out with a REAR bumper bar and you cant run the optional rear weights if you run the optional bumpers

front i agree all should have a front as they all come out with them but not all come out with rears thats all

i was telling a fellow Durango driver that they are completely legal with out a rear bumper thats all
Old 05-21-2012, 03:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DBL15
Dan you did not make any mistakes the Durango does not come out with a REAR bumper bar and you cant run the optional rear weights if you run the optional bumpers
Almost correct.. It does come with a rear bumper... just a little smaller than others

If you are keen on running a full size bumper, then the tresrey rear weight works a treat.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hells yeah I am in!
Old 05-21-2012, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Pro2, are the Reedy 3300kvh motors allowed (The RTR SC10 motor)

If no, no issues, just a question
Old 05-21-2012, 03:07 PM
Tech Champion

I'm pretty sure it is not a 10.5 or a 13.5 star wind motor. Someone else please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

No probs, will need to get hold of a blinky esc or change to a 13.5

Cheers,
Reedy
Old 05-21-2012, 04:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Radio Active
That requirement is for a custom made chassis (converted Stadium Truck). It doesn't apply to commercially produced kits, so the Slash is fine.

We can probably look at it though, as you're right that is what the ROAR rules say.
Most of the Slash's being raced are using a Rustler chassis that has been lengthened to stock Slash wheelbase.These cars would be ineligible.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.