Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2011 Capricorn AARCMCC Australian IC Onroad Championships "19th - 23rd October" >

2011 Capricorn AARCMCC Australian IC Onroad Championships "19th - 23rd October"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 Capricorn AARCMCC Australian IC Onroad Championships "19th - 23rd October"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 05:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aza088

also its prob somewhere in the entry form but what time can we start engines on thursday and how is the controled practice being organised are we in heats because if thats the case we would only get 1x practice session or maybe 2 that would really suck

Anyway looking forward to seeing you guys soon.
Bloody hell, If there is only going to be one practise heat and one qualifier on Thursday (20mins track time), we should just fly in on Friday

I think I read 9am for engines somewhere.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

MRCCR boys, just a question.

Also, regarding power supply: do we need to bring our own power boards and leads or will the tables have power provided?

ALL GOOD! Can't wait

Last edited by TomB; 10-10-2011 at 05:38 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:35 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Michael_T
Bloody hell, If there is only going to be one practise heat and one qualifier on Thursday (20mins track time), we should just fly in on Friday

I think I read 9am for engines somewhere.
you guys are gonna have a tough time coming up to speed if you've never raced at Lilydale before Geez i'd hate to be in your position hitting the track with 8 other drivers all fighting for speed and setup
Old 10-10-2011, 05:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

WEST03, looks like i have generated some interest for the Tshirts, so yeah i would like one also, so how about it??
Old 10-10-2011, 05:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mrgsr
Is this the final heat listing?
Will there be seeding done at all? Ie: putting faster guys in faster heats and vice versa.
Where is the respect I was in the a final at last years nats now I'm in the slower heat
Originally Posted by Pattojnr
your in the Slower heat ? there are many names before you that i do not know of. i mean here are 2 ........... Who is this Luis Sola ? or this Derrick Miller ?
Old 10-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Tech Initiate

johny,

im with you mate you work your arse off to get near to the front end and every big meet you get knocked back down and have to start again.

When are we going to implement a national placings list and work out the grid listings from that.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Is this the final heat listing?
Will there be seeding done at all? Ie: putting faster guys in faster heats and vice versa.

Where is the respect I was in the a final at last years nats now I'm in the slower heat
Habib, chillax bro...

I think its a very good spread considering it splits up the inter-staters and the dual teams that make up the numbers. If u are the faster of the drivers in your heat, you'll get more track space, we'll be letting you thru and it's a track that lends itself better to being the faster than the slower, if you come off line it really slows you down, so be positive man.

If it wasnt for Luke then Guy would most likely have been in the so called "slowest" heat, and we've done a few titles now too. The field is strong and we'll be letting you through as will the others and the track is a good one for passing, not being passed.

Lets have a good time.. "love you long time!"

h
Old 10-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Im relaxed.. Looking forward to this great event. havent been to melb since my first nationals 4 years ago
Old 10-10-2011, 03:35 PM
Tech Regular

Wow, the responds from putting the grid listing up late last night to now is interesting

Like any major event, we will have regrading where required. Also note that some changes may occur between now and the start of qualifying. The list was prepared by a very senior member of this sport whom have tried to be fair with having a mix grid of drivers from each state. If not it would just be a local club day with drivers running qualifying with existing drivers from their club. However if someone shows speed in a lower grid then they will be moved up.

The track will be open for practice from Monday to Thursday lunch time. Starting time is 9am till 6pm. Control practice in class and then grouped class will take place as soon as we see that numbers of cars on the track exceed 15.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Default WE WANT MORE RED BULL

Im relaxed.. Looking forward to this great event. havent been to melb since my first nationals 4 years ago
We were there at the state titles, as a club they took special care of us as interstate visitors, the racing was top class and the track was awesome to race on and the drivers were very courteous.

Besides, there's an army of red RAM rocket ships on track so you'll feel like part of the big family with lots of support. And if we are lucky, the beautiful ppl will come to track, you know the ones with clean hands and fingernails, CONCAVE curves, not the CONVEX like the racers.. I think they are called girls... Nothing wrong with a little eye candy at the track, it's a nice change for the camera lens and lets the world know how good we have it.

We're at the Lilydale Motel, with many others and they let us do our thing there too. I'm not sure how BigRedSpeed gets sleep.. Im too excited, as are the boys... We're going to wear out our cars by looking at them too much...

Only problem I see is that I cant get much video footage while you are in heat with Guy, so you better get to the final ok!

Finally have to give Tim, Gary and the crew a big thumbs up for the pre-event preparation. Big thanks to Radical RC too, I know they have been working hard to get us all ready for the event, makes it much easier for us.

Videos..

What I see on my monitors is far better than what most see on the DVD. I'll be shooting this years titles with the same camera as the QLDs which is a professional class unit. I'll also be aiming to get more slow motion footage for all to enjoy and analyse.

For anyone that wants a copy of the videos this year... DVD's just dont have the quality or capacity to support the HD I shoot and take up a lot of time authoring.

If you provide a 16GB ram stick in a self addressed PRE_PAID AUSSIE POST PACK and Ill copy the footage in HD mp4 so you can enjoy it after the event. This way you can copy it to your playstations etc and watch it in HD BlueRay quality, it does make a big difference.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Johnny u got me in your heat so you gave to get pass me first. Hahaha jokes. Seriously blis is right as I have being in many lower heats and the slower guys let u pass. And sometimes don't even finish so more open track. Rather than the fast boys battling each other.

But in somecases faster heats are more gentlemen like if you know what I mean.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Definately have never been to a National title event of any scale when the top drivers havnt been in the same heat............ What does it matter what state you come from??
Old 10-11-2011, 01:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jeff Hamon
Definately have never been to a National title event of any scale when the top drivers havnt been in the same heat............ What does it matter what state you come from??
Jeff I meant in terms of pitting for each other, sorry about the confusion.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:26 AM
Tech Champion

Im relaxed..
you won't be if i am quick enough to be in the same heat as you
Old 10-11-2011, 03:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.