Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
July 16/17 2011 ACT Indoor EP Onroad Titles >

July 16/17 2011 ACT Indoor EP Onroad Titles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

July 16/17 2011 ACT Indoor EP Onroad Titles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 03:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony gray
Mr Parreiro is currently flying planes and playing with Fifth scales...(although they have a Mini bodyshell)

He's on m-chassis hiatus.
Hey TG lucky today they make planes out of EPP that are virtually industructable

Funny how we all go through these changes, TP went to the air and I've been grounded with M-chassis

Ned, I hope you can make it mate because its sounds like a lot of fun at this indoor venue. So you reckon you might be feeling a little unwell around the 15th onwards hey?.......................
Old 07-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

entry form emailed , payment sent , im goin !
Old 07-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Must be ten Victorians plus going!

Go Vics!
Old 07-04-2011, 04:00 PM
Tech Adept

We will be taking entries right up to the day though currently Saturday monring could be cutting it a bit late so if you can get your entry in before then (even Friday night via SMS/E-mail) would be great.

We will regrade twice, after r2 and r4. 3 legs of the A and 2 for the B's.

Excitment is building![/QUOTE]

Hi Mark I have sent you a PM. Thanks cheers George
Old 07-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

It's looking like the Victorians will out number us in mini. However there could be a late surge in entries tonight due to clubman racing tonight.

Hopefully we will see some more NSW/Canberra mini drivers enter. Some of the gun Canberra mini drivers haven't entered yet, so I might have to gain some speed secrets from them before the event.

I had also better get my 21.5 car setup for the carpet.

For those of you travelling from Victoria, take it easy on the roads and have a safe drive up.

Later,

Calvin.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

where are all the mod drivers
Old 07-04-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM
there all scared of you craig
Old 07-04-2011, 06:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM
I'm going Craig should be good fun
Old 07-05-2011, 12:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Mark,

Can you advise expected Start/Finish times, based on current numbers (allowing for us slackers who haven't entered yet)?

(First page of this thread contradicts what went out to members in our newsletter today)

Cheers
Old 07-05-2011, 02:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by caltek1
Hopefully we will see some more NSW/Canberra mini drivers enter. Some of the gun Canberra mini drivers haven't entered yet, so I might have to gain some speed secrets from them before the event.

Calvin.
Hey Cal, I've noticed you talk a lot about "Mini Secrets" well I'm here to share one with you and its simple...................Drive that bitch like its stolen!!
Old 07-05-2011, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Doesn't work, you crash to often.

We ran tonight in the other hall and sure made some things interesting. I am looking forward to practice Friday week in the big hall.

Hopefully I will have more consistant handling car. Although a few of us kept trading fast laps. Just need more of them.

Not a single SWB mini in the hall. All MWB and LWB.

BTW,

No secrets, just don't crash or hit the barriers. That will make you faster.

Later,

Calvin.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:01 AM
Tech Regular

Calvin, do the M-Grips all round hook up nicely on the carpert there?

People are also mentioning Xpress tires in the rear, whats the general consensus?
Old 07-05-2011, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Not trying to give you a bum steer, but comes back to an individual choice. LAst time I used express, they went slimey and caused heaps of problems. I will be experimenting with tyres/inserts on the Friday, but Tamiya M grips will be a good starting point for front and rear. The rest comes back to car setup including ride height. You will also want to decrease your steering rate.

I have not driven the layout, so can not comment on flow, grip, etc. I will advise that the track will get a groove in it and the grip level will increase over the weekend. So you might want to have some different types of tyre/insert combinations.

I think the practice on Friday should give you idea on what you will need to change on your setup.

What ever tyres you have used on carpet before should be thrown in your pitbox, just incase they work. The usual slicks tyres do not, I have tried them before.

After tonights racing I am not touching my car as before in the big hall it was working very well, but tonight I was fighting for rear grip in some corners and in others I had too much and was tipping over.

Later,

Calvin.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sith Lord
Mark,

Can you advise expected Start/Finish times, based on current numbers (allowing for us slackers who haven't entered yet)?

(First page of this thread contradicts what went out to members in our newsletter today)

Cheers
Sure, (this is all subject to change) at this stage were lookiing at opening the building arround 0715 both days, drivers meeting at 0830 on Saturday and 0800 on Sunday.
All racers will run for 6 minutes except 12th which will run for 8. 2 minute gaps and a 30 to 60 minute Lunch break on each day. The aim is to have racing finished by 4pm on each day.

We will be running 4 qualifiers on Saturday and 2 on Sunday with 3 A's and 2 B finals for each class.

So C'mon Darth. Get your Entriy in
Old 07-05-2011, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I would like to thank and Welcome ACE Hobbies for stepping up to Support the ACT Indoor Titles.

thankyou

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.