Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2022 Hills Offroad Vintage Enduro 13/03/22 >

2022 Hills Offroad Vintage Enduro 13/03/22

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

2022 Hills Offroad Vintage Enduro 13/03/22

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2022, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default 2022 Hills Offroad Vintage Enduro 13/03/22

Hi Everyone!! The Hills Off road committee is proud to announce the Vintage Enduros for 2022 will be run on Sunday the 13th of March!

We haven’t made any major changes for the 2022 enduro event from the 2021 one though some drivers have been regraded and we’ve locked in the torque tuned motor option to run the same way it was trialled last year, summary below, just note that late in the build up to the 2021 race we did allow an RC10T to run with the Torque tuned motor so now trucks worth 2.5 points can use the TT motor, but still have 1 point added to their value

Provisions for torque tuned motors. In 2022 we have locked in the torque tuned motor option as it seemed to work well in 2021

- Each team will be allowed to nominate 1 x 4wd over 2 points to run the torque tuned motor with no points added to the value of the car

- Any 4wd valued at 2 points or under may run the torque tuned motor and the car will still be valued at 2 points (no limit)

- Any 2wd valued at 2 points or under and truck valued at 2.5 points or under may run the torque tuned motor, the car will have 1 point added to its total so a shotgun truck running the motor will now be worth 3 points (no limit)

- Trucks worth 3 points or above and 2wds worth 2.5 points or above must use the 540 Johnson Festival control motor available from Campbeltown Hobbies or RC hobbyland part no. JOH-683

With regards to the points values for particular buggies, the allocation takes into account the speed of the car, consideration is also given to rarity of the buggy, available gearing options, fragility and run time.

We’ve made a couple of small changes to the values of some buggies based on relative performance on the track, Schumacher cougars 1 & 2 and the Cat XLS are all dropped from 4.5 to 4 points.

Entry-level-duro is back again this year. The plan is for it to be extended to 2 hours as this years race is being run in daylight savings. There’s no requirement for you to run a Blitzer in your team, its open to any plastic eligible buggy or hotshot / Thundershot buggy / Low-point trucks (the main benefit of running a Blitzer/Monster racer in the race is that it can use the sport tuned motor). Teams can run any combination buggies/trucks from those groupings and can be in a team of 2-4 drivers. If you do it with 2 drivers, you still need to ensure you have a marshal out at all times, so I recommend having your batteries near the pit stop table, also the pit stop time is 90 seconds for the Entry-level-duro so you should have time to swap over and not lose time (in the interests of safety so we don’t have people running up and down the stairs, 2 driver teams will be allowed to leave their mashalling position during the pit stop). The rules for the race are attached to this post. The entry-level-duro will run the full track as it did last year. For fun we may throw in a safety car or two during the race depending on feedback. One other change we've made is the allowance of being able to run more than 1 buggy per driver, you may have 2 buggies you want to race, you could use 1 in the first stint and a different one in your second stint.

With regards to the points system, I know it can look a bit complex when you’re first looking at it, the simple aim is to even up the field by allowing a team with more once a year racers, to drive better cars overall compared to a team of pros. I’m happy to help guide you through it. How it works is the team captain will get in touch with me, let me know the drivers and potential car line up and I’ll confirm the amount of bonus points the team has and what cars fit in the line up.

Fast Facts

2 hour Entry-level-duro 2, 3 or 4 drivers

Allowed chassis: Any Blitzer based truck, Tamiya king cab/Hilux monster racer / any plastic eligible buggy / any Hotshot / Thundershot eligible buggy / Low point trucks (2 points or less)

Standard track to be used

730am: Open practise (1 driver per team at a time / Main race or Blitzer race buggies may be used)

815am: Track closed Blitzer enduro drivers meeting / qualifying positions drawn randomly

830pm: 2 hour Blitzer/Plastic enduro starts, (ending 1030am)

Batteries: 6000mah 2s lipo max (hard case) LiHV not allowed

90 second minimum pit stop time every time there’s a battery change

Blitzers must be stock except for allowed upgrades which are detailed in the Enduro guidelines. Hotshots/Thundershots and plastic buggies must adhere to the festival rules for upgrades. The guidelines detail which motors are allowed to be run with each chassis

5 hour – Vintage Enduro (3 or 4 Driver / multi car enduro)

Motor: Johnson 540 motor for all cars, part no. JOH-683 or torque tuned if allowed

1030am: Open practise (1 driver per team at a time) (once Blitzer race has ended)

11am: Track closed Drivers meeting

11:15am qualifying session (10 minutes) 1 driver per team

1130am: 5 hour enduro race starts, ending 430pm

Batteries: 6000mah 2s lipo max (hard case) Li-HV not allowed

1 minute minimum pit stop time every time the car comes to the pits to change a battery

Entry Fee : $20 per driver covers you for both enduros. Or $5 per driver if just running the Entry-level-duro

To enter, please send me a pm with your team name, names of drivers, car for each driver and transponder number. Please pm me if you need the list of driver points allocation and let me know an email address I can send it to, or just send me the driver names and I can send you back the bonus points they earn.

Entries will be on a first in, best dressed basis. We can have a maximum of 12 teams!

Hopefully that’s everything, all the best in organising your team, if you are looking for a driver or a driver looking for a team - please post in here or let me know.

Cheers

Mikey
Old 01-18-2022, 07:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Codgers
Dave Martin Cat XLS 5565321
Brian Goby Top Cat 9775534
Rob Smith RC10 B2 5654101
Ron Curby RC10T 6823864
Old 01-23-2022, 01:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Cliff Lett us use his name:
Paul Dufey Kyosho Ultima 3203518
Richard Bull Traxxas TRX-1 1841693
Jason Millward Kyosho Ultima Pro XL 8374673
Peter Wagner TBC 664279

Last edited by Patrase; 01-23-2022 at 08:48 PM.
Old 01-26-2022, 02:32 AM
Tech Elite

Fantastic guys! Thanks for getting the teams and transponders in so early
we're looking good so far, Takis is working on a team, there's a crew of Victorians making the huge journey up, the Dukes are back and I think formula none are hoping to run, Nick Aitkin is putting a team together. I need to check in with Johnny's team and the premature team
Cheers as always dudes. You make the event what it is
Old 03-02-2022, 12:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default 2hour enduro

Hello my son and I are thinking of entering the entry level 2hour enduro. Would a Shotgun truck and a Hirobo Lancia Rally qualify. Sorry not on Facebook. Just got standard 540 motors.

cheers

Piers and Ted

Last edited by _Drifter_; 03-07-2022 at 11:49 AM.
Old 03-02-2022, 01:50 AM
Tech Elite

Hi Piers and Ted
absolutely your car options qualify, so you are more than welcome to enter the entry level enduro, we have a few dad and kid/s teams this year which is great to see
​​​​​​If you need any help etc, please feel free to reply here or pm me. Just come up with a cool name for the team and send me your transponder numbers when you can
Cheers
Mikey
Originally Posted by _Drifter_
Hello my son and I are thinking of entering the entry level 2hour enduro. Would a Shotgun truck and a Hirobo Lancia Rally qualify. Sorry not on Facebook. Just got standard 540 motors.

cheers

Piers and Ted Morton
Old 03-02-2022, 01:57 AM
Tech Elite

Default Teams update

Ok guys, team update time and we're happy to let you guys know we're at 7 teams

The Codgers are back, these guys haven’t had a regrade this year so given how close they were to the top two teams at the last enduro, I think these guys will be knocking on the door for the top step on the podium

Johnny’s team are back!! These guys copped a regrade so this year we have Andrew with his speedy green RC10, Johnny with his RC10T that was fast and consistent and waiting on confirmation of what weapon Scott will be bringing this year

Premature acceleration are back again after a great showing in their first run. Aaron can’t make it this year so it’s likely it’ll be a 3 driver effort, Chad back with his lovely Losi JRX2, Chris Taylor with the fast B3 and Adam with the Scorpion

The Dukes are back, we’ve copped a regrade too so James has hung up the Losi JRX Pro and dusted off the Madcap, Gav can’t make it this year so we welcome back Shane this time with a torque tuned powered RC10T, Jason likely to be running a Terra Scorcher and Mikey a B3 this year.

Cliff lett us use his name are back, Richard drafted in Pete Wagner who loves these races and Paul Dufey, Paul will be running an Ultima rere, Richard a Traxxas TRX1 (awesome), Jason an Ultima and Pete a Losi XX. Richard has been doing secret training using F1 on road to sharpen the skills, I expect these guys to be in the mix

Formula none are back, these guys have been together for a few years now though sadly this year Curly cant make it so likely these guys will be a 3 car effort. The line up remains similar to last with with Darryl and his super fast XXT, Brendan with the RC10 Worlds which is right on the pace and after some handing dramas last year with the Optima, Stephen is switching to the Ultima rere. Hopefully all the transponders work properly and we will see what these guys can do

The Mexican spirit lives on this year, even though our mate Stephen James can’t make it, 3 of Victoria’s finest will be making the road trip up and linking up with Takis this year to form Team Sombrero. Andy will be driving what I’d say is the coolest car raced at an enduro and that’s a Traxxas Radicator, James with an RC10, Lucas with the dyna storm and Takis with his impressive Egress booth replica

For the Blitzer/entry level enduro, it’s looking like we could have up to 8 teams.

Johnny is back with his Blitzer

The dukes are back with the blitzer and the boomerang

Team sombrero are going to run a terra scorcher prepared by Lucas

Also running a Terra Scorcher is Takis with his son

Richard will be running the Storm truck again looking for vengeance after a troubled run last year

Premature I think will be running Aarons scorpion

Team Texaco are hoping to reform with the ultima outlaw truck and blitzer beetle

Formula none are trying to get a terra scorcher built also so we could end up with 3 terra scorchers in the race which is really cool and the whole idea of this race is to give these lower end chassis their time to shine

Cheers guys, as always, I’m really looking forward to this race and thanks for getting the teams in. If team captains could get in touch and send me the transponders for the drivers, that will help us set up the races in the computer
Cheers

Mikey

Last edited by NOFX; 03-03-2022 at 09:18 PM.
Old 03-03-2022, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Just thought I’d have a bit of a look through the entry list to see if we have any grudge matches brewing. Last year the “Top Cat Cup” was the biggest talking point (was it?) with 4 of them entered in the race, the battle to see who had the fastest one was on.

This year the line ups have changed so we’re looking to other groupings. At the top end of 2wd town, we have a good variety of buggies, 3 x RC10 worlds (the fastest 2wd last year being Andrew’s Green machine), 2 x RC10 B3s, 1 x RC10B2 and most likely a Losi XX from Pete and Chad with his fast Losi JRX2, so plenty of fire power there but Team Associated has the numbers

On the 4wd side there’s a mixed bag, Dave is back with his red XLS powered by the TT motor and Takis is back with his Egress with TT power also and we’re waiting to see what Scott Griffiths ends up running too

The battle I see brewing is the Ultimas with Stephen, Jason and Paul all running examples this year. Add in Richard and his Traxxas TRX1, James’ Madcap, Brian’s Top Cat and Lucas’ Dyna Storm and you’ve got a pretty tasty “Mid-tier” 2wd battle

The truck battle last year was tight with Darryl’s 540 powered Losi XXT being the fastest from Ron’s RC10T with TT power and Johnny’s RC10T. Those 3 trucks are back again and Shane from the Dukes will join in with his RC10T

The low points battle will be interesting too with Jason’s Terra Scorcher, Adams Turbo Scorpion and Andy’s Traxxas Radicator duking it out

The weather forecast is looking hopeful, the track dries quickly and we have dudes coming up from Victoria so we’ll be doing our best to run the race

Anyone have any grudge matches they want to share, some inter-team rivalry perhaps?
Old 03-10-2022, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NOFX
Anyone have any grudge matches they want to share, some inter-team rivalry perhaps?
Mikey,

I hear there's some intra-team rivalries going on..... and that's no Bull.

Watching from Victoria with interest, looking forward to lots of pictures.

Alex
Old 03-10-2022, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Alex

Great to hear from you!!

plenty of rivalries mate, we love it, we'll have live timing on through live rc, i'll try to post the link here and fb so people can follow their favourite teams and see how they're going

given the lack of testing for everyone, new combos, new cars, this race is wide open, we've lost a driver so down to 3, i think its going to be hectic but fun

Originally Posted by I'm_Serious
Mikey,

Alex
I'm_Serious likes this.
Old 03-10-2022, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Hey guys, the forecast is looking like we're going to get the race on this weekend!!! But obviously the terrible weather has taken its toll on the track. The club is committed to getting this event happening so have organised a roller for the track but there are some odd jobs like mowing and repairing the track where it meets the carpet and other things to do so if anyone has a couple of hours to spare tomorrow (Saturday 12th) from 8am it'd be great if we could get down there to help.

Cannot wait for this race!

Cheers
Old 03-10-2022, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Just a quick note for the entry level enduro, we'll bring that back to a 90 minute race to help free up a bit more time during the day if we need to allow more time for the track to dry etc. We're looking at having 6 teams this year so I'm sure that's enough time to sort out a winner
Old 03-10-2022, 06:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by I'm_Serious
Mikey,

Alex
Yes, Bor Mac and I will be racing to see who can post stuff on Youtube first (iIm going for quantity and speed of upload over quality). I can see Mikey has renamed his Youtube channel to better reflect his subject matter. So there will be intra and inter team Youtube rivalries at stake too!
I'm_Serious likes this.
Old 03-11-2022, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Ok dudes. Huge shout out to club pres Pete, Ron curby and Jason h for coming down to work on the track, Pete rolled it while the rest of us cleared off the rocks, mowed and whipper snipped so the track is looking good. If you drop by the track this afternoon, you might see Pete beach there again giving the track a water and a coat of molasses. We can't thank Pete enough for the work and Ron for collecting and returning the roller. It means we have a track for tomorrow!! With regards to the schedule, it's still the same as originally posted but the Blitzer race is only 90 minutes to allow a bit more flexibility in the day If there's light rain during the race, we will keep going, we're ok to race until there's puddles on the track There won't be a BBQ tomorrow, so please bring food/snacks, we do have cans of drink available to buy from the fridge Looking forward to seeing you all there tomorrow Cheers Mikey
Old 03-15-2022, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Hey everyone.

As always, I'm keen to hear any feedback people have regarding these events. I've had a couple of things come through so far about the enduro so I thought I'd put them up here to see if everyone agrees and we can make the changes for the next enduro.

Firstly the feedback has been the points cap is difficult to get under, can the base points be increased, the concern is that if teams struggle to find reliable low points cars, they may not be inclined to enter the event. I totally understand this issue and agree, so the plan would be to add 2 points to the base points, so 3 car teams start with 11, 4 car teams start with 14 and then your bonus points are added. So basically add 2 points to what you had to spend this year so you'll know what u will have next year, so Brian could run his RC10 worlds, Scotty could run his worlds car also, Jason M could run his TRX1, Adam can run something better than a Scorpion etc everyone wins!

Secondly car weights. It's not like we ever get the chance to police them anyway but the feedback is based on if a driver wanted to run a shorter stint, they put a shorty in and the car goes underweight, they shouldn't be penalised as they're getting a shorter run time. Agree with this too so basically we won't ping you if the car is underweight with a shorty in it

Anything else you think of, please get in touch

cheers

Mikey

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.