R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Australia Wanted to Buy (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australia-wanted-buy-104/)
-   -   1/10 electric drift cars. (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australia-wanted-buy/515796-1-10-electric-drift-cars.html)

J.M. 05-22-2011 07:32 AM

1/10 electric drift cars.

My younger brother is mad for anything to do with drifting. He's caught up in 1/1 drifting and has expressed interest in a 1/10 electric set up which has ALL the bells and whistles. We've been checking out You-Tube and he's crazy for the built in MP3 gear, flashing lights etc...

Can anyone steer me in the right direction so I can let him know what's a good platform to purchase as I have little idea?

Personaly I'd like to find 2 cars and would appreciate any good advice or a lead on some quality chassis.

Thank you- Jason

sliding_josh 05-22-2011 09:56 PM

PM sent!

g-vwow 05-22-2011 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by BORMAC (Post 9147571)
My younger brother is mad for anything to do with drifting. He's caught up in 1/1 drifting and has expressed interest in a 1/10 electric set up which has ALL the bells and whistles. We've been checking out You-Tube and he's crazy for the built in MP3 gear, flashing lights etc...

Can anyone steer me in the right direction so I can let him know what's a good platform to purchase as I have little idea?

Personaly I'd like to find 2 cars and would appreciate any good advice or a lead on some quality chassis.

Thank you- Jason

Jason:

I have 2 cars suitable that may be of interest to you... a HSP flying fish and a Thunder Tiger Sparrowhawk VX kit. details are here:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...a-db-more.html

cheers.

J.M. 05-22-2011 11:56 PM

Thank you for the PM's guys.

I have been doing a little research and I like the 415 type cars but am wondering if its a better set up to have a chassis with a motor closer to the front?

We dont need any electrics as I have plenty of that some just a roller.

g-vwow 05-23-2011 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by BORMAC (Post 9151122)

I have been doing a little research and I like the 415 type cars but am wondering if its a better set up to have a chassis with a motor closer to the front?

you can do that if you want or try countersteer but normal touring cars are perfectly fine to drift and drifts quite well i might add in most circumstances.

eichkay 05-23-2011 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by BORMAC (Post 9151122)

Motor forward setups are better for Drifting, Ultimate setups for realism is Counter Steer (CS)

Ive Converted a few cars to CS and the best are the froward motor setups.

If you want bling look for a Hot Bodies TC-D, Yokomo DRB, Alex Racing Cer, Tamiya VDF ... Steer Jam do TA05 conversion kits to bring them to front motor with the bling and carbon fiber..

Ive got a Hot Bodies TC-D myself and converted it to CS awhile back, there are kits now to do this.

If you want a cheaper forward motor chassis check out the Street Jam OTA-R31, its a plastic tub setup, myself and a few mates have grabbed these.. they are a great chassis and drift very well.. but online parts only as it is a Japanese kit.

sliding_josh 05-23-2011 10:44 PM

PM sent again!

J.M. 05-23-2011 11:41 PM

Sorry to sound like such a goose but what is Counter Steer exactly? Is this what offers the most realistic form of drifting?

Also are there any indoor drift facilities left in on the East Coast??

eichkay 05-24-2011 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by BORMAC (Post 9156579)
Sorry to sound like such a goose but what is Counter Steer exactly? Is this what offers the most realistic form of drifting?

Also are there any indoor drift facilities left in on the East Coast??

Counter steer offers the most realistic look .. full lock cornering , not the usual 4wd power slide that looks like a car is spinning on ice..

Counter Steer is much harder to control and not really for a beginner best to start with a capable car and then convert it over later on..

J.M. 05-24-2011 12:36 AM

Really good info and great advice, thank you. :sweat:

QuangVuong 05-24-2011 03:16 AM

Which state are you in? I can let you some places round the East Coast

J.M. 05-24-2011 03:21 AM

Currently on the Central Coast but also looking to head back north to the Gold Coast soon.
Any indoor around Sydney?

adriano87dj 05-24-2011 04:06 AM

check your PM's Jason :smile:

cielo1889 05-25-2011 07:39 PM

pm sent...

J.M. 06-01-2011 03:17 AM

I would like to thank all those who replied to this wanted add. I have already made a decission on one chassis (thank you Adriano) and will hold off on the second as my brother needs to wait for some extra funds to be available before making his commitment.

I have a nice Tamiya 415 that I'll building up into a sweet drifter.

If anyone has a new bodyset they want to sell I am looking for something Japanese in nature (sorry no touring shells). If you have something I might be interested in please drop me a PM. Only if in Australia please.

Thank you again- J.M.