R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Australia Wanted to Buy (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australia-wanted-buy-104/)
-   -   Schumacher CAT XLS (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australia-wanted-buy/235282-schumacher-cat-xls.html)

Carlos69 08-02-2008 05:25 PM

Schumacher CAT XLS

I'm kicking myself for selling my old one, I thought I was giving it to someone who wanted it more than me...now I need to find another one, preferably in good running order, or near.It's not going to be a shelf queen; I'm keen to go vintage racing...:)
Anyone know of one going, please let me know, thanks.
Carl

mtbkym01 08-02-2008 06:37 PM

I have a roller sitting on a shelf at my parents place in SA. I'm in Cairns. It hasn't been run in probably 15-20 years. In pretty good condition from memory. Still got original box with a few spares aswell. Not sure if i want to sell though (dont know why not), and it maybe difficult for me to get you any photo's etc....If you have no luck finding one, let me know and we'll see what we can come up with. Good Luck

Carlos69 08-02-2008 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by mtbkym01 (Post 4700511)
I have a roller sitting on a shelf at my parents place in SA. I'm in Cairns. It hasn't been run in probably 15-20 years. In pretty good condition from memory. Still got original box with a few spares aswell. Not sure if i want to sell though (dont know why not), and it maybe difficult for me to get you any photo's etc....If you have no luck finding one, let me know and we'll see what we can come up with. Good Luck

YGPM

J.M. 08-04-2008 09:12 PM

I reckon I have 90% of a whole car and even got some nip spares for it including belt,pulleys,gears etc....Even got the original box,manuals and so on. Comes with a heap of parts,a descent runner body (un broken) with undertray too. Dont have the original wheels though but could get you some 2.2inch ones though. You'd need to build it. I could even throw in a 'SPEED SECRETS' DVD from the factory with Jamie Booth,Phil Davies and Cecil Schumacher explaining how to get the most out of the old girl. YEAH!

Carlos69 08-05-2008 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by BORMAC (Post 4707654)
I reckon I have 90% of a whole car and even got some nip spares for it including belt,pulleys,gears etc....Even got the original box,manuals and so on. Comes with a heap of parts,a descent runner body (un broken) with undertray too. Dont have the original wheels though but could get you some 2.2inch ones though. You'd need to build it. I could even throw in a 'SPEED SECRETS' DVD from the factory with Jamie Booth,Phil Davies and Cecil Schumacher explaining how to get the most out of the old girl. YEAH!

YGPM

Dorigecko 08-05-2008 02:59 AM

not quite an XLS, but i DO have lots and lots and lots of a schumacher cat pro. pics too, want?

Carlos69 08-05-2008 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by Dorigecko (Post 4708303)
not quite an XLS, but i DO have lots and lots and lots of a schumacher cat pro. pics too, want?

YGPM

Carlos69 08-06-2008 02:45 PM

still looking....will consider Pro & BossCAT too

Carlos69 08-10-2008 02:59 PM

:tire:

J.M. 08-10-2008 04:10 PM

Good condition CAT's are hard to come by- I WOULD KNOW. :) Its taken me a long time with all the Schumacher connections I have across the world to get the cars I have.

Carlos69 08-11-2008 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by BORMAC (Post 4726055)
Good condition CAT's are hard to come by- I WOULD KNOW. :) Its taken me a long time with all the Schumacher connections I have across the world to get the cars I have.

BORMAC, I respect & share your enthusiasm for CAT's...but as a full-time fine arts student; I don't have the same budget...wish I did !!:lol:....so I either have to find someone with a not so pristeen CAT for less.... as you said, half the fun is the chase !.... or sell a kidney and buy yours ! :ha: (jk- your asking price is very reasonable)

So far, I'm bidding on a reasonably priced XLS roller on ebay, and there are two other possabilities; an XLS and a ProCAT.
:batman:

J.M. 08-11-2008 10:39 PM

Im looking forward to seeing what you turn up. :) Being the fact they are so old and getting hard to find in 'usable' condition now days its a bit like running the gauntlet. Ive come across 5 early CAT's over the past couple of years and they have all been pretty crappy as far as condition goes. Its not like they cant be rebuilt with some new bits but even they are hard to find. I do however wish you luck, and the 'HUNT' is all the more fun I will agree. Should you need a few bits I might have some gear I can help you out with. Cheers and the very best of luck on your hunt for the 'Ellusive Cat'. Cheers- Jason. :)

Carlos69 08-12-2008 12:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by BORMAC (Post 4731343)
Im looking forward to seeing what you turn up. :) Ive come across 5 early CAT's over the past couple of years and they have all been pretty crappy as far as condition goes. :)

How about this one.......my initial responce when I 1st saw it was to ring the RSPCA hotline !:lol:
Dori; SHAME ! SHAME ! SHAME !...lol how can I not give it a better home?;)

J.M. 08-12-2008 12:56 AM

CAT2000ec....still competitive with the modern stuff I reckon.

Carlos69 08-12-2008 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by BORMAC (Post 4731343)
Im looking forward to seeing what you turn up. :) I wish you luck, and the 'HUNT' is all the more fun I will agree. Should you need a few bits I might have some gear I can help you out with. Cheers and the very best of luck on your hunt for the 'Ellusive Cat'. Cheers- Jason. :)

Thanks Jason, your intrest and input is much appreciated and I may well call apon your help from time to time....ta mate !:D

are all those chassis 2k's ?....:eek: