R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australia Wanted to Buy

Old 08-02-2008, 06:25 PM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Schumacher CAT XLS

I'm kicking myself for selling my old one, I thought I was giving it to someone who wanted it more than me...now I need to find another one, preferably in good running order, or near.It's not going to be a shelf queen; I'm keen to go vintage racing...
Anyone know of one going, please let me know, thanks.
Carl

Last edited by Carlos69; 08-02-2008 at 07:10 PM.
Carlos69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 07:37 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I have a roller sitting on a shelf at my parents place in SA. I'm in Cairns. It hasn't been run in probably 15-20 years. In pretty good condition from memory. Still got original box with a few spares aswell. Not sure if i want to sell though (dont know why not), and it maybe difficult for me to get you any photo's etc....If you have no luck finding one, let me know and we'll see what we can come up with. Good Luck
AE 1/10, Reds
"If it's old skool, it's kool"
mtbkym01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 08:25 PM   #3
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbkym01 View Post
I have a roller sitting on a shelf at my parents place in SA. I'm in Cairns. It hasn't been run in probably 15-20 years. In pretty good condition from memory. Still got original box with a few spares aswell. Not sure if i want to sell though (dont know why not), and it maybe difficult for me to get you any photo's etc....If you have no luck finding one, let me know and we'll see what we can come up with. Good Luck
YGPM
Old 08-04-2008, 10:12 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

I reckon I have 90% of a whole car and even got some nip spares for it including belt,pulleys,gears etc....Even got the original box,manuals and so on. Comes with a heap of parts,a descent runner body (un broken) with undertray too. Dont have the original wheels though but could get you some 2.2inch ones though. You'd need to build it. I could even throw in a 'SPEED SECRETS' DVD from the factory with Jamie Booth,Phil Davies and Cecil Schumacher explaining how to get the most out of the old girl. YEAH!

Vintage events at CASSO, where all the goodness happens.
J.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:59 AM   #5
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORMAC View Post
I reckon I have 90% of a whole car and even got some nip spares for it including belt,pulleys,gears etc....Even got the original box,manuals and so on. Comes with a heap of parts,a descent runner body (un broken) with undertray too. Dont have the original wheels though but could get you some 2.2inch ones though. You'd need to build it. I could even throw in a 'SPEED SECRETS' DVD from the factory with Jamie Booth,Phil Davies and Cecil Schumacher explaining how to get the most out of the old girl. YEAH!
YGPM
Old 08-05-2008, 03:59 AM   #6
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Dorigecko

not quite an XLS, but i DO have lots and lots and lots of a schumacher cat pro. pics too, want?
Dorigecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 04:14 AM   #7
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorigecko View Post
not quite an XLS, but i DO have lots and lots and lots of a schumacher cat pro. pics too, want?
YGPM
Old 08-06-2008, 03:45 PM   #8
Tech Addict

still looking....will consider Pro & BossCAT too
Old 08-10-2008, 03:59 PM   #9
Tech Addict

Old 08-10-2008, 05:10 PM   #10
Tech Elite

Good condition CAT's are hard to come by- I WOULD KNOW. Its taken me a long time with all the Schumacher connections I have across the world to get the cars I have.

Old 08-11-2008, 08:10 AM   #11
Tech Addict

Quote:
Good condition CAT's are hard to come by- I WOULD KNOW. Its taken me a long time with all the Schumacher connections I have across the world to get the cars I have.
BORMAC, I respect & share your enthusiasm for CAT's...but as a full-time fine arts student; I don't have the same budget...wish I did !!....so I either have to find someone with a not so pristeen CAT for less.... as you said, half the fun is the chase !.... or sell a kidney and buy yours ! (jk- your asking price is very reasonable)

So far, I'm bidding on a reasonably priced XLS roller on ebay, and there are two other possabilities; an XLS and a ProCAT.

Last edited by Carlos69; 08-12-2008 at 02:01 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 08-11-2008, 11:39 PM   #12
Tech Elite

Im looking forward to seeing what you turn up. Being the fact they are so old and getting hard to find in 'usable' condition now days its a bit like running the gauntlet. Ive come across 5 early CAT's over the past couple of years and they have all been pretty crappy as far as condition goes. Its not like they cant be rebuilt with some new bits but even they are hard to find. I do however wish you luck, and the 'HUNT' is all the more fun I will agree. Should you need a few bits I might have some gear I can help you out with. Cheers and the very best of luck on your hunt for the 'Ellusive Cat'. Cheers- Jason.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:51 AM   #13
Tech Addict

Quote:
Im looking forward to seeing what you turn up. Ive come across 5 early CAT's over the past couple of years and they have all been pretty crappy as far as condition goes.
How about this one.......my initial responce when I 1st saw it was to ring the RSPCA hotline !
Dori; SHAME ! SHAME ! SHAME !...lol how can I not give it a better home?
Attached Thumbnails
Schumacher CAT XLS-feline-abuse.jpg  
Old 08-12-2008, 01:56 AM   #14
Tech Elite

CAT2000ec....still competitive with the modern stuff I reckon.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:47 AM   #15
Tech Addict

Quote:
Im looking forward to seeing what you turn up. I wish you luck, and the 'HUNT' is all the more fun I will agree. Should you need a few bits I might have some gear I can help you out with. Cheers and the very best of luck on your hunt for the 'Ellusive Cat'. Cheers- Jason.
Thanks Jason, your intrest and input is much appreciated and I may well call apon your help from time to time....ta mate !

are all those chassis 2k's ?....