Like Tree3Likes

Bad Traders thread.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 05:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default CAPEL 4PK RIPP OFF

4PK RIPP OFF

17 Days later & still no radio, no request from Aus Post to investergate & now his offering half my money back like anyone that truly send the radio would do that BUYERS BE WARNED RYAN P CAPEL (CAPEL) IS A THEIF & WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY & SCREW YOU OVER HIS BEING INVERSTERGATED FROM COMMBANK INTERNET FRUAD DEPT & APF - http://www.afp.gov.au/national/major...internet_scams

INTERNET FRUAD DEPT

ITS BEEN ONE EXCUSE AFTER ANOTER, I HAVE ASKED HIM ON MANY OCCASIONS TO SHIP RADIO OR REFUND MONEY BUT ALL I GET IS MORE EXCUSES

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFine
Capel

still no radio been 14 days since payment clearead, are you gonna look into whats going on with australia post, or are you gonna refund my money back,

will wait to here back from you with with resolution

MrFine
Old 09-20-2009, 09:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (85%+)

Originally Posted by pittersrc
BEWARE: SpeedDemon01 aka Steve Clark aka Marc Spears

Myself and at least 1 other on this forum were burnt by this guy within a space of a few days.

Speeddemon01 aka Steve Clark aka Marc Spears will:

. Post photos of items for sale.

. Call you to confirm the sale (before you can call him on his fake mobile number).

. Take your money via bank deposit (his bank account being the only real piece of information).

. Fail to deliver and will be uncontactable.

Fortunately we got a lucky break and managed to track this guy down and eventially got our money back. His details are as follows:

Username: Speeddemon01 aka Steve Clark

Real Mobile: xxxx-xxx-xxx

Real Address: xxxxx, Sydney

Real Bank BSB: 732388

Real BankAccount No: 560939

I have ommited his contact details (2 wrongs don't make a right) but will make it available to anyone who has had a bad deal with that particular bank account (just in case he uses another alias).

It’s a great forum guys, just be careful of this character who spoils it for everyone.

Cheers,
Just to clear things up,

I understand i was in the wrong and because of that I gave both pittersrc and the other guy a complete refund.

If you look at my current trader rating, it is 100%.

Thanks Marc
Old 11-01-2009, 04:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs down BEWARE OF SAMYIP

Hi,

I paid for this http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...-x4-6-rtr.html and never received it and now he is now trying to re sell the HPI Savage X4.6 http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...tuff-sale.html
Old 11-20-2009, 05:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

4PK RIPP OFF

17 Days later & still no radio, no request from Aus Post to investergate & now his offering half my money back like anyone that truly send the radio would do that BUYERS BE WARNED RYAN P CAPEL (CAPEL) IS A THEIF & WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY & SCREW YOU OVER HIS BEING INVERSTERGATED FROM COMMBANK INTERNET FRUAD DEPT & APF - http://www.afp.gov.au/national/major...internet_scams

INTERNET FRUAD DEPT

ITS BEEN ONE EXCUSE AFTER ANOTER, I HAVE ASKED HIM ON MANY OCCASIONS TO SHIP RADIO OR REFUND MONEY BUT ALL I GET IS MORE EXCUSES

Quote:
Capel

still no radio been 14 days since payment clearead, are you gonna look into whats going on with australia post, or are you gonna refund my money back,

will wait to here back from you with with resolution

MrFine
Told you a thousand times mate, I posted the radio to the address u gave me...done nothing wrong! Im not refunding your money. For all I know u probably have the radio and are scaming me for the money back.

SELLERS BEWARE OF MrFine!!!!
Old 11-21-2009, 06:21 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

As far as I can see if the buyer doesn't pay for registered post, he assumes all liability if an item gets lost in the mail.

Amazing how much can be saved by spending the extra $3, pity a lot of buyers are apparantly too tight for that.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

that $3 will only get u limited coverage if ther item is lost. Reg,insured and person to person is the best way to send stuff. Whoever the item is addressed to has to show id before signing for the item
Old 12-01-2009, 04:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Last edited by biggerisbetter; 07-08-2016 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Fully reimbursed
Old 12-02-2009, 04:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yep Capel sold me a starter box before and said not one scratch, LIKE NEW etc etc when i recieved it, scratches everywhere, and missing bottom cover, plates etc etc...
then had the nerve to tell me "what do you expect for $50"
beware...

Originally Posted by biggerisbetter
Well here is my 5 cents worth!!!!!

anybody beware of CAPEL, he was a member at our track...... i helped this guy out when ordering parts overseas etc..... he has ripped me off approximately $1000.00

since mid last year, i have tried numerous times to recover my money but he fails to answer my calls and never returns them. if you value your hard earned, dont send it to this guy because you wont get what you have paid for! if you get anything at all!!!!!

i dont generally get involved but would hate to see anybody else get ripped and especially him sitting back profiting from it!

Sorry old kid but the truth hurts!!! you had your chance time and time again.......

kindest regards
Justin
Old 12-26-2009, 04:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

...........NVM........problem solved

Last edited by Aussie; 01-20-2010 at 05:23 AM. Reason: updated
Old 01-14-2010, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

what was wrong with your post aussie??
Old 02-01-2010, 07:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)
Default Using stolen credit card

Just contacted my bank when stop was put on my credit..
I sold and sent him a nitro motor.
Big scam if you are sending goods to username.

MazdaspeedFC
Patong, Kathu
Phuket 83150 Thailand

Police are currently investigating ..

RCTECH Admin need to do deal with this.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Team Furious

Hey Guys,

Really unhappy I have to post in this section of these fantastic forums.

I paid "Team Furious" aka Brad Byrnes for all the items in this thread at the end of December 09 (30/12/09):

http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...brushless.html

But I have not received anything nor have I received any communication from him since the 30/12/09.

I know he lives in Townsville, and he has raced 1/10th Electric Off Road and maybe on road electric in the Mini classes, if anyone knows him, please tell him I would really like my money back or the items I originally paid for.

Although I am not holding my breath as he apparently owes quite a few people money. I do not know what my rights are legally regarding this but if I don't hear something from him soon I will have to go see a legal aid as this sort of thing is just not on.

Just in case he has signed up to these forums under another alias, the bank details he provided to me were:

It really upsets me as I think the For Sale/Trade section is a brilliant way for people that are not able to pay full retail for cars to get into competitive racing and this sort of action really makes it hard to trust people.

My mobile number is 0430 058 531 and my email address is [email protected]

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Regards,

Ben

Last edited by contact; 06-30-2010 at 03:08 AM. Reason: no private details thanks
Old 02-05-2010, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RustyOne
Just contacted my bank when stop was put on my credit..
I sold and sent him a nitro motor.
Big scam if you are sending goods to username.

MazdaspeedFC
Patong, Kathu
Phuket 83150 Thailand

Police are currently investigating ..

RCTECH Admin need to do deal with this.
EXACTLY the same thing happened to me. I went to the ATM to withdraw the cash and it swallowed my card went into the bank and they said he stole the money from someone's account. I also sent him a nitro motor.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default mazdaspeedfc

I guess i made the right choice.

mazdaspeedfc wanted my ko servos, he first was going to pay with paypal, then he wanted my bank account stuff so then he could transfer the money form his "business account" which was weird.

in the end i just couldnt be bothered to post them to thailand or where ever he lives.
so i just put them back up for sale, i guess i made the right decision.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

He learnt those tricks from the Tommy Vu Tong academy of RC.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.