Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Company/Manufacturer Forums > Ask Hitec
New!! Hitec Aggressor >

New!! Hitec Aggressor

New!! Hitec Aggressor

Old 08-17-2002, 11:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default New!! Hitec Aggressor

Congratz guys!! you really did it this time!! I love the way you Hitec guys design this Radio especially when it comes with 2 channel AM and 3 channel FM following the AM's release

Here is the picture from Wild Hobbies.com
Old 08-19-2002, 06:28 AM
Tech Addict

As much as I love my Hitec equipment (I've used Hitec exclusively for a number of years now), I don't see the purpose of this radio. The only thing new is the look (which I do like, it looks "modern"). I don't see anything that will make present Lynx AM users rush out to buy this one. They have the same features, and I haven't seen anything that says Hitec is going to discontinue the Lynx AM or FM.

As for the FM version, there again, WHY?!?! Accoring to the Wildhobbies article, the FM version will only have EPA and a 3rd channel. That radio might be good to market in some RTR cars, but I don't see anything to make us rush out and buy this one either. The Airtonics MX-3 has 3 channels, 5 model memory, EPA, digital trims, dual rate, and a couple of other things I don't remember. And it goes for $150 or less (depending which version you want).

Don't get me wrong, I still think Hitec has the best radios and customer service on the market, but I think they missed the boat on this one. They could've done so much more with this new line of radios.
Old 08-19-2002, 06:48 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

tekrsq: I don't know for sure, but I would say they will replace the the Lynx radio with the new one....
Look out RTR's.....

As for the AIR radio....Yes, they hit a good market for this one....
There is a gap in the market for a radio like this....
Old 08-20-2002, 03:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well guys..you never know cuz that was Wildhobbies.com's preliminary information about the FM radios. I'm sure Tres will have more information as soon as they are available. Who knows, maybe by the time the FM version came out, Hitec will come out with several new revolutionary system that replaces the 3D that covers MX3 and beyond. Especially since Novak is planning for the XXtra Tx version. I'm not saying that Spectra wasn't good enough but that's the downlow outright advantage that Hitec has over any radio in the market including the new MX3...am I right, Tres?
Old 08-22-2002, 12:27 PM
Company Representative

The Aggressor AM and FM are direct replacements for the Lynx AM and FM and yes they offer similar features at a similar price. No, I would not expect people to replace thier exsisting radios unless they are in the market for one. I don't get tekrsq's comments though... what's wrong with replacing an old radio design with a new one?

FYI: The FM has a third channel quick touch button that will shift the cars like the T-maxx. It also has throttle and steering EPA where the Lynx only had throttle EPA.

Both have interchangable grips and tuning covers that will be available in a variety of colors and designs including one that looks like carbon fiber!

I can't really say anything yet, but let's just say we are not done with this line of radios!

Mike.

Here's the link: http://www.hitecrcd.com/Radios/aggressorAM.htm

Last edited by MikeMayberry; 08-22-2002 at 04:04 PM.
Old 08-22-2002, 07:01 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs down

I hate to sound negative bit im afraid nobody has made a good looking radio since the lynx 3d, which ended the era of cool radios.... now everyones radios, regardless of cost, are ugly, toyish, and just plain retarded lookin.

Make a new speed control, make it smaller than the quantum with more features and less cost
Old 08-22-2002, 07:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by MikeMayberry
I don't get tekrsq's comments though... what's wrong with replacing an old radio design with a new one?
Mike,

There's nothing wrong with replacing the old radio with a new design. That's not what I was saying. I just wasn't aware that's what the intention was. It looked to me like you guys were going to market 2 radios systems with basically the same features, and I couldn't see what the draw to the Aggressor line would be.

I know you "can't say anything yet", but when might we expect to see the rest of the Aggressor line? My son is desperate need of a new radio, and I'd much rather keep with (& wait for) the Hitec stuff, but can't hold on forever.