Hitec 945 doing some weird stuff...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hitec 945 doing some weird stuff...

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2002, 04:31 PM
Tech Addict

Default Hitec 945 doing some weird stuff...

I bought a bunch of used r/c stuff a while ago, and with it was a Hitec 945MG servo, I'm not sure how old it is or how bad it was abused.

But anyways...when you turn it one way it will sometimes turn smoothly, but then if you go the other way it will be very chirpy and will act like it is glitching majorly. It will move a bit then twitch back the other way then move a bit more but eventually it will make it to the end. But it still has a lot of torque. When centering it also does the same thing. I have tried it with 2 different cars that have different radio's, ESC's, and motors, and have found the same results. I tried taking it apart and cleaning the "pot" or whatever it's called but it did nothing, in fact it even seemed to make it worse.

Anyone have any ideas as to why its doing this? I have also heard that Hitec has a warranty on all of their servos, is this true?
Old 04-10-2002, 05:52 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

All Hitec RCD products are warranted against defects for a period of 2 Years from the date of purchase. During this period we will repair or replace at our discretion any defective products. You should always retain your original receipt as proof of date purchase.

What is Not Covered:

Our warranty does not cover cosmetic damages, damages caused by acts of God, misuse, abuse, negligence, improper installation or damages caused by alteration by unauthorized persons.

You should drop an email to:
[email protected] or [email protected] or call (858) 748-6948
since you didn't purchase this new to verify Hitec will repair under warranty or what the cost may be..

Hope this helps.....