Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Company/Manufacturer Forums > Ask Hitec
Need advise. Gone through 3 HS 7955 TG servos in 3 months. >

Need advise. Gone through 3 HS 7955 TG servos in 3 months.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need advise. Gone through 3 HS 7955 TG servos in 3 months.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 12:19 AM
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Angry Need advise. Gone through 3 HS 7955 TG servos in 3 months.

I have 6 of these servos in 3 cars. they cost me a mint to setup all my cars and now half way through a season they have all started failing on me.

2 of them started to randomly stop half for a few seconds way through a race. it it almost like my failsafe is kicking in. but then they start working again. it used to just be a small twitch, but they have become more frequent and one of them has now stopped working all together. Its not an EPA problem before anyone blames that. i have been racing for long enough to know how to set the end points on the car. 1 of these was on the steering in a buggy and the other was on the throttle in a truggy.
I have tryed everything. new batteries, new radio, new receivers, new swithces, other peoples cars, they keep doing it
I bought them from an OS store and they told me to send them to hitec to get them checked out. So a local store sent them into Hitec in Austalia and they sent them back saying there is nothing wrong with them. One of them doesnt work at all so i find it hard to believe that there is nothing wrong with them

the 3rd one that has failed has got me stumped. it sounds like the gears are blown but i have checked all the gears and they are fine. its almost like the gear has detached from the motor.

This has nearly put an end to my season. i am now having to change my radio tray between cars, between heats to run the classes i race in.
I can't afford to pay out on more new servos when the ones that i have should be covered by waranty

I dont know what to do. Hitec in Australia are of no help what so ever. It took them over a month to check it and send it back twice saying nothing was wrong. its pretty obviouse something is wrong when they dont move.

What chances do i have that ill ever see them again if i send them back to the USA?

If i send them back to the USA. do i send them direct to Hitec?