RC8

Old 12-04-2008, 11:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Default RC8

What would be a good servo to go with my new RC8.I would need both, steering and throttle.Keep in mind, I'm just getting started and don't want to break the bank.I would like to spend around 50$- 60$ a servo...
Old 12-05-2008, 08:22 AM
Company Representative

1/8 scale vehicles require good high torque servos if you want to have any chance of them lasting. These vehicles are very tough on gear. The best servos to use here are the HS-7955TG for steering and the HS-985mg for throttle/brake. To stay in your price range you may be able to get away with using a 5645mg for steering and a 645mg for the throttle/brake for a while but if you plan on doing any racing, you will want to spend the extra money for the 7955 and the 985.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Thankyou for responding.I do plan on racing this year, so I will spend a little more and get the tougher servo's.I just wanted a concrete answer as to which ones would be best.Thanks again..