1/18 Hi-Tec HS-65MG

Old 11-29-2008, 12:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)
Default 1/18 Hi-Tec HS-65MG

i got two from someone in a trade and one is a HS-65HB works good, but the other is a HS-65MG seems to have gotten off track some how and the turning radius is messed up. it should spin from the left side to the right side but it now goes from the top to the bottom. so it really off by alot. i was going to take it apart and see how to fix it till i seen this site.

whats the difference between the HS-65HB and the HS-65MG. i have the HB installed right now and it work great, but if i can fix the MG and its better i will throw that one into me 1/18 instead. its being used on a RC18T

so i need to know how to get the radius back to its normal spot.

whoever had it last must have never used it cuz they took it apart and now its messed up.

if you could please explain to me how to get my HS-65MG back to its normal state, that would be greatly appreciated

Thank you
Matt-
Old 11-29-2008, 06:36 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

prolly need a gearset if the internal motor is not messed up. those are not cheap. i'd say try the core with the gearset outta the HB. if it works fine, then go with it, now u have a spare core. heck go buy the plastic gear set from a HB and then u have 2 servos. most of the guys here who run the exotek R3 in 1/18 touring here use the HB over the MG, 1 because of cost (dont think any1 has killed a servo thats runnin the servo saver off ur vehicle) and b/c its a coarse (wood) thread unlike the mg which of course has that funky M2.3 thread or whateva. heck i live near maryland metrics (1 of the biggest if not biggest hardware warehouses in the country) and they didnt have a M2.3 to help me in stock. Alas i tapped it to M2.5. lotta grief to do that, never again, i was 1 of the 1st to deal with it at our track from them i steered (no pun) every1 else who needed 1 as those chassis became avail to go get the HB.

good luck

R
Old 11-30-2008, 04:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

yes i looked them up, except for the MG being metal geared and more expensive , they are both exactly the same is torque and speed.

thanks for the info though. its a great little conversion the Tek18X and the HS-65HB works really well with it.