Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Company/Manufacturer Forums > Ask Hitec
Hitec voltage rating? >

Hitec voltage rating?

Hitec voltage rating?

Old 10-24-2008, 08:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default Hitec voltage rating?

Hi Brendan, I read on another forum that Hitec servos are adapted from your robotics. I am aware of the 5955 being a robotics servo but what I am getting at is are the Hitec servos safe above 6v? As lipo is becoming more popular in nitro the shortcomings of the available voltage regulators are becoming apparent and guys are running Hitec servos with LiPo direct (no regulator). Most guys run Spektrum that is rated to over 8v (9.6 I think). What are your thoughts?
Old 10-27-2008, 08:00 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Davidka
Hi Brendan, I read on another forum that Hitec servos are adapted from your robotics. I am aware of the 5955 being a robotics servo but what I am getting at is are the Hitec servos safe above 6v? As lipo is becoming more popular in nitro the shortcomings of the available voltage regulators are becoming apparent and guys are running Hitec servos with LiPo direct (no regulator). Most guys run Spektrum that is rated to over 8v (9.6 I think). What are your thoughts?

The 5955TG is a R/C servo not a robotics servo so its only rated to 6 volts like all the R/c servos are. The only servos we currently rate above this are the robotics servos but those are not designed for R/C applications due to teh wider pulse width that they take and the increases rotation angle they use. As you increase the voltage to the servo, you decrease the servos life span so I do not recomend exceding the 6 volt rating.