Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need some help/advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 09:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Need some help/advice

I am working on a project where digitally programmable servos are needed. See this thread for more info! ---> http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=217239
Old 04-17-2008, 08:15 AM
Company Representative

I cannot view the video link.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Try this for the video link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0aGmb7_7Ok Worked for me. BTW- The servos he used were Hitec digitally programmable servos. I just dont know which ones.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:48 AM
Company Representative

There is too much compression on the video and I cannot see the servos clear enough to see what was being used. From the little bit I could see it looked like the servo had a aluminum center case which then could be a HS-5955TG servo.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:33 PM
Tech Rookie

O.K so I assume those are preety heavy duty and high torque servos? Also, what would I need to use for that "controll box" for them?

Originally Posted by BRENDAN LUGO
There is too much compression on the video and I cannot see the servos clear enough to see what was being used. From the little bit I could see it looked like the servo had a aluminum center case which then could be a HS-5955TG servo.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:40 AM
Company Representative

Yeah te 5955TG is a tough servo. As far as how he has it setup to control, I have no idea. It didn't make sense how he was controlling it with the clutch lever. The buttons on the lever are just sending a pulse like our radios do but I am unsure how he was controlling it with both movements with just the lever.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:51 AM
Tech Rookie

The way he was controlling it with just the lever was that he was "touch sensors" on the lever. Depending on where they feel your hand, it tells the servos to shift up or down and the pulling in of the lever triggers the servos to move. What could have been in that "controll box" by the handlebars?

Originally Posted by BRENDAN LUGO
Yeah te 5955TG is a tough servo. As far as how he has it setup to control, I have no idea. It didn't make sense how he was controlling it with the clutch lever. The buttons on the lever are just sending a pulse like our radios do but I am unsure how he was controlling it with both movements with just the lever.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:20 AM
Company Representative

Something that sends this type of pulse to the servo. clicky