Wiki Posts
Search

Smokinjoe's RC Raceway opens!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

ATTENTION ROAD COURSE FANS!!! I am looking into holding the first road course race at Smokin Joes. I would like to get some feedback from people who are interested in running rouad course here. I want to pick a time that will work for the largest majority possible. The choices are;

A Saturday night from about 6pm until about 11pm.

A Sunday afternoon from about 1pm intil about 6pm.

There has also been talk of a race or two during the week. Thoughts?

Given the small size of the track we will only be running the following classes for the road course events.

1/12TH SCALE (PAN CARS)
1/18TH 4WD
Tamiya Mini.
Stock TC (Maybe)

Discuss.

Last edited by mrrcguy; 11-07-2008 at 07:30 AM.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mrrcguy
ATTENTION ROAD COURSE FANS!!! I am looking into holding the first road course race at Smokin Joes. I would like to get some feedback from people who are interested in running rouad course here. I want to pick a time that will work for the largest majority possible. The choices are;

Given the small size of the track we will only be running the following classes for the road course events.

1/12TH SCALE (PAN CARS)
1/18TH 4WD

Discuss.

I wouldnt mind having it on either day, but i would prefer Saturday night so i wouldnt have to rush from church on sunday but i know i am the only one who attends church on sunday so whatever is best for everyone else.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrrcguy

1/12TH SCALE (PAN CARS)
1/18TH 4WD

Discuss.
I personally like saturday nights! But i would race every night if it was up to me
Old 11-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by #88driver
I wouldnt mind having it on either day, but i would prefer Saturday night so i wouldnt have to rush from church on sunday but i know i am the only one who attends church on sunday so whatever is best for everyone else.
Whoa dude! You aren't the ONLY one who goes to church! I go to church on Sundays also. Why is everyone always forgetting me??lol I feel unloved.

Anyway, if I can dry my eyes long enough to get back to the topic at hand, if the two choices were between Saturday night or Sunday afternoon, I would probably have to lean toward the Saturday thing, but could do either as long as we could have time to get there and run a pack or so after church before the races start. On the other hand, I don't know that I might not prefer a weeknight above Saturday or Sunday. Say, maybe Thursday? Or even forgoing the usual Tuesday night practice to have a race instead once in a while. I doubt you would get much complaining from anyone on that one. After all, everyone is in it to race. Joe already has the track open, and several guys will be there anyway. Sounds like a heck of a time/place to have a race to me!! Anyone have $179.99 that I could borrow to get one of the new 1/18 scale Vendettas? Gotta have me one!
Old 11-06-2008, 11:12 PM
Tech Master

Saturday would be great.
Will we race once or twice during the month?
Will the track be open for practice before 6:00 PM? Some can't make the practice during the week.
When do we race?
* * Just a note that the track should run in the same direction as the oval track to save wear on the carpet. * *
Old 11-07-2008, 05:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I would love to do it on a saturday...what would be your rules for 1/18th?
Old 11-07-2008, 07:33 AM
Regional Moderator

It was brought to my attention that I forgot to include the Tamiya Minis in the list of classes. These cars will work great here. So I have added them to the previous post. I also put Stock TC as a maybe. We will be setting up a road course and doing some testing with TC to see if it will work.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:44 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Three
Saturday would be great.
Will we race once or twice during the month?
Will the track be open for practice before 6:00 PM? Some can't make the practice during the week.
When do we race?
* * Just a note that the track should run in the same direction as the oval track to save wear on the carpet. * *
At this point I doubt we will have more than one a month if even that often. However, the oval schedule is packed with dates.
Originally Posted by rcarmchl
I would love to do it on a saturday...what would be your rules for 1/18th?
That depends on how many show up. Several of the locals over here have been picking up the new 1/18th Vendeta TC. My guess is that if there are enough to split up the TC's from the Off-Road based stuff, thats what would happen. One main reason to split them is it seems that most guys over here want to run th Vendeta's with the stock motor and I know most people with the RC18's run brushless gear. I guess we will just have to wait and see what shows up.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

Instead of stock touring why not run Vintage Trans-Am.
You could run the same chassis, use the spec tires and wheels, with bodies that look like REAL cars. There are also spec rules for motor/battery combinations. Inexpensive fun racing !!!!!
Here is the website for the rules: www.usvintagetransam.com
Old 11-07-2008, 08:10 AM
Tech Regular

Can you guys tell that John wants to run vintage?

I think that might be a good thing to run.....

Well, I would hate to drive over to then find out that there will be no class for me to run....
Old 11-07-2008, 01:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Well, I would hate to drive over to then find out that there will be no class for me to run....
Put together that BRAND NEW 1/12th scale and run it!!
Old 11-07-2008, 02:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Zdiddy
Whoa dude! You aren't the ONLY one who goes to church! I go to church on Sundays also. Why is everyone always forgetting me??lol I feel unloved.

Anyway, if I can dry my eyes long enough to get back to the topic at hand, if the two choices were between Saturday night or Sunday afternoon, I would probably have to lean toward the Saturday thing, but could do either as long as we could have time to get there and run a pack or so after church before the races start. On the other hand, I don't know that I might not prefer a weeknight above Saturday or Sunday. Say, maybe Thursday? Or even forgoing the usual Tuesday night practice to have a race instead once in a while. I doubt you would get much complaining from anyone on that one. After all, everyone is in it to race. Joe already has the track open, and several guys will be there anyway. Sounds like a heck of a time/place to have a race to me!! Anyone have $179.99 that I could borrow to get one of the new 1/18 scale Vendettas? Gotta have me one!
You mean you're still showing up?

Last edited by super t; 11-07-2008 at 07:58 PM. Reason: wanted to be nice.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kidsid99
Put together that BRAND NEW 1/12th scale and run it!!
cash flow is putting a damper on that at the moment....
Old 11-07-2008, 03:03 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Three
Instead of stock touring why not run Vintage Trans-Am.
You could run the same chassis, use the spec tires and wheels, with bodies that look like REAL cars. There are also spec rules for motor/battery combinations. Inexpensive fun racing !!!!!
Here is the website for the rules: www.usvintagetransam.com
How about this Bring three of whatever wont tear up the carpet and we will run it!
Old 11-07-2008, 04:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

cash flow is putting a damper on that at the moment....
I'll see that one and raise you also!!! You sure you didn't mean NO cash flow??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.