Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arkansas / Mississippi RC Scene
MID AMERICA RC RACEWAY, JONESBORO ARKANSAS >

MID AMERICA RC RACEWAY, JONESBORO ARKANSAS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MID AMERICA RC RACEWAY, JONESBORO ARKANSAS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 03:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My son has a soccer jamboree sat the 25th.he plays from 6:40-7:40 p.m.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:33 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default Well Crap.

We are starting at 8pm and the track till be open for practice all day. However, unless you have some sort time time machine or something cool like that, I dont see ya beeing able to make it.

Maybe the next time.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

don't worry rodney , I can call you and give you the big announcement if you want
Old 08-21-2007, 05:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcarmchl
don't worry rodney , I can call you and give you the big announcement if you want
Don't worry I already know.It is some great news.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Default wazz up

me and 3 other guys from memphis want to come to race sat. i have some questions; what are the classes,entry fee,prizes,what is the pit area like [ie do we need to bring tables,generators,lights,do you have xray parts,tamiya parts ,tires ,do you need to be a ROAR member ,will you supply temp roar mems,are the mosquitos bad[is OFF sugested] what are the times,how long to the races last, cheap motels[not too cheap], bathrooms?rules how does this dynoing the silvercans work?

take care hope to see you sat Jay
Old 08-21-2007, 07:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

jay ...go to www.rchobbiesraceway.com ...it has a breakdown of the classes, doesn't list anything else though..you can look at some pics of the other races they have done, looks like they have power too...
Old 08-22-2007, 08:55 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by racinjay
me and 3 other guys from memphis want to come to race sat. i have some questions; what are the classes,entry fee,prizes,what is the pit area like [ie do we need to bring tables,generators,lights,do you have xray parts,tamiya parts ,tires ,do you need to be a ROAR member ,will you supply temp roar mems,are the mosquitos bad[is OFF sugested] what are the times,how long to the races last, cheap motels[not too cheap], bathrooms?rules how does this dynoing the silvercans work?

take care hope to see you sat Jay
Regular weekly events.

1) M-class (basic TCS rules)
2) $12 first class $8 2nd class
3) Ribbons
4) Lots of pit space. Bring extension cords, shade tables, chairs, (lights for night races.) There are plenty of tables and seats available on the far side of the track for those who dont have some to bring. Most just chose to bring their own to keep from having to walk around the track.
5) The put-put course (next to the track) opperates their own misquito truck, and they drive through our lot every night at 9pm. Hopefully this will keep the bugs away, but off is suggested just in case.
6) Saturdays race will start at 8pm, the track will be preped by 3:30pm for practice.
7) We have clean and HC accessable bathrooms.
8) We don't dyno motors for regular events. We usualy just do a couple random visual tech inspections. We will be dynoing at the state race.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:21 AM
Tech Addict

SO, just what are the STATE Race MINI rules? All of the them?
Old 08-22-2007, 12:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default General?

That does bring up a good point on electric issues. I can imagine your looking at a large group of people for the state race. Can you run generators @ the facility?
Old 08-22-2007, 12:17 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by ICEMAN
SO, just what are the STATE Race MINI rules? All of the them?
TCS rules will apply. The only exceptions that will pass tech are.

HPI hodys (no wing).

Non performance related parts, example (screws, battery strap) will be the only non Tamiya brand exceptions made.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:21 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by rtrsprint
That does bring up a good point on electric issues. I can imagine your looking at a large group of people for the state race. Can you run generators @ the facility?
Sure you can bring a generator. I will be asking that all generators be placed on the west side of the property (off the parking lot, in the grass) to limit any noise issues. Also between now and the State Race, I will be adding more outlets, on dedicated circuts, to fullfill the needs of the additional racers.

Last edited by mrrcguy; 08-22-2007 at 01:17 PM.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Default more info

aye thanks for the info mate but will you be running stock and mod touring car i dont have a mini just yet [bought one tonight but will be a little till i get it set up yes guys Jay now has a mini ,resistance was futile i have now been asimilated ,can i put my 4.5 velocity in it? or my 8 turn single silvercan? ] but on a more serious note how many watts can a legal silvercan pull , will you be dynoing on a fantom or a robotronics? how many heats,how long for heats and main[touring car stock and mod] will there be touring car tires available [take offs,rp's?] will there be traction compound sprayed on the track,what traction compound for tires do you suggest.[boy this guy is full of questions haha] Confusus say he who ask questions will know thanks for the info im oiling up the chain on my ten-speed now i dont know how im gonna get this all in my backpack, i may have to leave the generator. take care thank for being patient w/ all my inquires Jay
Old 08-23-2007, 06:34 AM
Tech Adept

aye thanks for the info mate but will you be running stock and mod touring car i dont have a mini just yet [bought one tonight but will be a little till i get it set up yes guys Jay now has a mini ,resistance was futile i have now been asimilated ,can i put my 4.5 velocity in it? or my 8 turn single silvercan? ] but on a more serious note how many watts can a legal silvercan pull , will you be dynoing on a fantom or a robotronics? how many heats,how long for heats and main[touring car stock and mod] will there be touring car tires available [take offs,rp's?] will there be traction compound sprayed on the track,what traction compound for tires do you suggest.[boy this guy is full of questions haha] Confusus say he who ask questions will know thanks for the info im oiling up the chain on my ten-speed now i dont know how im gonna get this all in my backpack, i may have to leave the generator. take care thank for being patient w/ all my inquires Jay
come on jay. a mini takes about 2 hours to build. get that thing ready for the weekend fun. besides, if you get your butt kicked (unlikely) you will have an excuse. 'i just got this thing'.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:31 AM
Tech Addict

what motor?
Old 08-23-2007, 08:30 AM
Regional Moderator

We have been running Stock TC, (13.5 BL allowed). However if you want to run both stock and mod, that's fine as long as there are four or more for it, well will add mod to the schedule. I was planning on running some mod (between rounds) to get ready for the state race. So, if you and a couple more want to get together and run some mod, then I guess I won't have to do it just between rounds. Yes, I have many types of tires in stock. Ive been running RP36, RP40, and a few of the new Jaco tires, but thats in the daytime when the asphalt is 136F this night race will likely require different tires.

Yes the track will be well prepped.

As far as the specifics on the Tamiya motors its all @ www.tamiyausa.com .
If you are realy concerned just pick up a new motor from a shop (they are only $16) bolt that sucker in the car, and you'll be fine.

Last edited by mrrcguy; 08-23-2007 at 03:11 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.