Arizona Scale Racers club

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 05:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Arizona Scale Racers club

Ok guys and gals,
We have a place to race on road and oval in East Valley again. Located at 1725 E Main St. Mesa, AZ ( main st and gilbert rd) are cross streets. Straight line Suspension is name of company letting us use there Asphalt.
YOU HAVE TO BE ROAR MEMBER TO RACE! 35.00 a year. This is for insurance purposes. Please bring a copy or be able to show us email that you received from roar proving that you signed up.
We will start racing this Saturday 11/7/15 at 10 am. Same classes that ran at HT Gilbert.
We should have AMB system for scoring Saturday. So if you have a personal transponder bring it.

We are working on power this week. But might have to run off generators.

Also we have started a R/C Club ( Arizona Scale Racers ) members fee is 30.00 a year. This will help club pay for AMB system, track maintenance, boards, soda for track etc.
Entry fees for club members are 5.00 per class.
For non club members entry fee will be 10.00 first class and 5.00 each additional class.

NO OPEN TOE SHOES PLEASE.
PLEASE BRING BAG TO THROW YOUR TRASH INTO. TAKE IT WITH YOU!

Thanks to everyone that's help make this possible. Hope to see you Saturday for our first race.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Yeah!!!! We have an official thread now.
Old 11-02-2015, 08:42 PM
Tech Adept

It has been awhile, what classes are there? I have a TC4 RTR that I need to gut and need to know what to get, fyi I have never raced on a road course and briefly oval.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by AzRon
It has been awhile, what classes are there? I have a TC4 RTR that I need to gut and need to know what to get, fyi I have never raced on a road course and briefly oval.
There is few different classes you could run in.
Via class 25.5 blinky with older muscle car bodies.
Spec gt class 21.5 blinky with 5.5 fdr. With Cadillac, z28 Mustang type bodies.
17.5 blinky (sportsman) any tc body.
17.5 blinky (expert)
Old 11-03-2015, 07:34 PM
Tech Adept

So this is what you are up to rather than racing at SRS in north Phoenix, i was wondering where you went.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nissan man
So this is what you are up to rather than racing at SRS in north Phoenix, i was wondering where you went.
Yes sir. Once HT closed down we had to do something. On road is alive on east side. Come check it out!
Old 11-04-2015, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ray is there a why to make an exception for parking in the pits? I like to charge off my battery. Not sure if their is enough generators for everybody?

Still working on my Roar membership so may not be there for a couple more weeks
Old 11-05-2015, 12:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bubonic-X
Ray is there a why to make an exception for parking in the pits? I like to charge off my battery. Not sure if their is enough generators for everybody?

Still working on my Roar membership so may not be there for a couple more weeks
There is enough power. Even if we are using generators.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:04 PM
Tech Adept

I'm slowly acquiring things for racing in the VTA class and being I have never used Lipos before can I get away with just one battery? I'm going to run a TC4 with a 2.5 gear ratio what kind of FDR should I shoot for to start? Thanks!
Old 11-10-2015, 09:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm slowly acquiring things for racing in the VTA class and being I have never used Lipos before can I get away with just one battery? I'm going to run a TC4 with a 2.5 gear ratio what kind of FDR should I shoot for to start? Thanks!
I'm not sure of the final drive but one lipo is sufficient if you are only running the one car.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

One lipo will just fine, the final drive ratio will depend on if you plan to run in the VTA oval or VTA road class. The oval is run with a breakout rule, if you go over the max allowed laps you breakout and your placed at the back of the field for the next heat. Breakout in the main and you get last. VTA road is scored like any of the road classes, most laps in the shortest time wins.

Be sure to get the correct tires HPI is the only tire brand allowed, rear tire is HPI #14797 fronts are HPI #14793. These can be mounted on any of the HPI vintage rims, for example rear HPI #3822 and front HPI #3817.
Old 11-10-2015, 03:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

FYI - We have power at the track now!
Old 11-10-2015, 05:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chris moore
One lipo will just fine, the final drive ratio will depend on if you plan to run in the VTA oval or VTA road class. The oval is run with a breakout rule, if you go over the max allowed laps you breakout and your placed at the back of the field for the next heat. Breakout in the main and you get last. VTA road is scored like any of the road classes, most laps in the shortest time wins.

Be sure to get the correct tires HPI is the only tire brand allowed, rear tire is HPI #14797 fronts are HPI #14793. These can be mounted on any of the HPI vintage rims, for example rear HPI #3822 and front HPI #3817.
Did not know about oval class hmmm.... I think for now doing the road class will suffice, but you never know!
Old 11-13-2015, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Tomorrow should be a beautiful day for club racing.
Old 11-14-2015, 08:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris moore
Tomorrow should be a beautiful day for club racing.
THANK YOU for all your help today, it's great to have people like you to step up and contribute to our racing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.