Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Arizona 12th scale only baby!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 06:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

My cars almost ready, just need to do some rewiring and wait for some tires.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

Looks like family issues are going to keep me home this weekend. SIGH!!!
Old 02-28-2014, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Sorry that you cannot make it Lonnie, see you soon.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Racing on Sunday, March 2nd - weather?

Just a reminder we are doing a track test at Drive-Way International Raceway (Paul's house) tomorrow (Sunday, March 2nd). However, we all need to keep an eye on the weather. If there appear to be concerns (especially if you are making a long drive!) please give me a call in the morning.

If you need my phone number let me know, I will PM it to you. In a pinch Evan M, Lonny J, Bill Cline and Chris Moore already have my number. They also have the address and directions.

If it is obviously dry then show up about noon (I might be ready a little earlier)

Paul
Old 03-01-2014, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yeah, it might rain, but the forecast says 20% chance, with less as the day goes on. Oh well, that's racing.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:58 PM
Tech Adept

Cool

a few images of some of the stuff. I think people will be impressed when they arrive tomorrow as long as the rain stays away.

Image 1:
The driveway with the traffic circle, picture taken from the garage

Image 2:
Boards, 700 ft of perimeter boards plus layout boards

Image 3:
One section of the driver stand (mostly completed). I was other there helping make the other section today.

Not pictured:
Dots painted yellow. I think they are shorter than the ones at hobbytown.

everything is designed to be modular and portable so we can take the show on the road (like to hobbytown on some Sundays)
Attached Thumbnails Arizona 12th scale only baby!!-20140301_173533.jpg   Arizona 12th scale only baby!!-20140301_173516.jpg   Arizona 12th scale only baby!!-20140301_173503.jpg  
Old 03-02-2014, 04:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Weather Report looks good - we are going forward!

Weather channel say's we are good. The first track test at Drive-Way International is on for today (Sunday, March 2nd). There isn't any standing water but there might be a little delay getting things dried out.

Paul
Old 03-02-2014, 06:01 PM
Tech Adept

Cool

I would like to thank everyone that came out today. Having such a good turn out made all the work worth it. Overall i think the response was positive but there are plenty of bugs to work on. Would also like to thank Evan, Jason, and Glenn for sticking around for the tear down. I know some pictures were taken of the setup, they will probably be making their way one here over the coming days.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

The test run at Drive-Way International was a huge success. Kudos to Paul for all the hard work he did in putting together the track materials and driver stand for today’s test setup. Everything worked well and I think that the 9 12th scale racers that showed up had a fun afternoon; I know I did.

After some discussion it has been decided that we will hold the next race session at the Hobbytown P-lot on Sun March 23rd. I will confirm with Todd that we are still a go and make the arrangements and have the p-lot setup and ready for practice by 11AM that Sunday with racing starting around 12:30. We will run two heats and a main for 12th, and also F1 and TC if we have three or more for those classes. If anyone has a way to contact John and Rick please let them know of this schedule. The race fees will be the normal $5 per car and those fees will go to Hobbytown as rent for the use of the track/materials.

Last edited by chris moore; 03-02-2014 at 07:25 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Cool track set up. Thanks Paul for the fun day!
Old 03-05-2014, 06:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Thanks for coming!

Thanks to everyone who came to the track test at Drive-Way International. I wanted the first time to be a track test. I knew that I would be scrambling to get things ready and that there would be bugs to work out. I appreciate everyone's patience.

I did enjoy hosting this event. But it was a HUGE amount of work. I really appreciate Glenn, Jason and Evan staying an extra hour and helping me to tear everything down. Also thanks to James for helping set up in the morning. Special thanks to David who came out Saturday to help build the second half of the driver's stand, was the first one out on Sunday morning to help set up and stayed for the tear down.

Next time I hope to make some improvements like real stairs for the driver's stand and get the garage cleaned up and emptied out for nicer/more pit space. I will continue to look into lap counting systems.

Per Chris's post we will be convening next at HT Gilbert on Sunday, March 23rd. I am looking at Sunday April 13th as the next event at Drive-Way International. (This is 3 weeks after the HT date. I am simply not available 2 weeks later on April 6th)
Old 03-11-2014, 05:48 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

My brother and I are planning to race at Hobbytown this Saturday. We will have our 1/12 scales and i hope to have my F1 Car back up and running. The more the merrier. With F1 and Sebring this weekend there will be plenty to talk about.

David
Old 03-12-2014, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nissan man
My brother and I are planning to race at Hobbytown this Saturday. We will have our 1/12 scales and i hope to have my F1 Car back up and running. The more the merrier. With F1 and Sebring this weekend there will be plenty to talk about.

David
Hope to have my F1 out Saturday too.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nissan man

David
Awesome, I would be there if I could Next week tho, yea!
Old 03-12-2014, 03:26 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

My plans are to be there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.