Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro Challenge 2013

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 07:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah there was a lack of pre-registration participation from the 1/5 guys so they didn't prep for running a race until they saw how many people actually showed up. I'm glad in the end we at least got to race, it was a ton of fun.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

This was my first NC, but certainly not my last. I will certainly sign up for more than one class next year to get more track time. My only complaint from the entire event was the fact the announcers had to call for volunteer marshals in many of the Buggy mains. Early mains were likely caused by people running back to back between open and pro classes but it's pretty much inexcusable in the later mains in my opinion. Hopefully the racers can do better next year.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ryan_in_Az
Yeah there was a lack of pre-registration participation from the 1/5 guys so they didn't prep for running a race until they saw how many people actually showed up. I'm glad in the end we at least got to race, it was a ton of fun.
I think 1/5 is the most exciting and realistic class to run in. If anyone has any inclination to get one, you should. It's not like any other class.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tristyn
I enjoy watching the racing on youtube. Thanks to Neobuggy and Live RC! man I wished I could run 1/2 that fast for 45 minutes. I have 1 complaint, when I watch the interviews though, I don't feel the pro drivers give enough credits to there sponsors, without them there are no pro's or the hobbiest, itching to have the best. I am A Tebo fan and enjoy watching his racing skills, but on his interview he complained about his engine running like shit. As a Orion distributer it's not something I would be proud to hear from A sposored driver. If Tebo would have said " Orion is A great engine but our tune just was not on and we were not producing the power needed because of it" that would have been more respectable to me. I am not an Orion engine owner so this is not personall, my thought is more gradification to sponsors would help the sport and I am Tebo fan.
Personally I don't run nitro but Tebo calling it like it is was spot on. I would be livid if Tebo would have claimed the motors were great and I go out to buy one and its a pile. From watching all the pro mains his engines did start out strong but half way thru you could hear they were hurting. On a side note I may try nitro next year it looked like alot of fun and congrats to RM for a great run in pro buggy!
Old 02-25-2013, 04:12 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

The DNC was a great race again. It's alwYs the best time I have ever had at a track. The track flowed well and was in decent shape for the rain snow, sleet, hail, and snow. Some thought it could have used grooming but there is only so much time. I would like to see another day added to prevent the 1am late nights and the 5am wake up. And there seemed to be a lot of rough hacking driving. I know it's an open class but there have to be some parameters that need to be enforced. I heard a guy from austraia say that back home 9"% of the trucks in his race would have been dq'ed, pulled off the track and sent home for the day. I still had a great time. There was still some fun y business going on with leoe stealing items and fuel tampering (not mine this time)

But overall still a great time and world class race. Thanks to the crew for putting on the show
Old 02-25-2013, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gitsum
Personally I don't run nitro but Tebo calling it like it is was spot on. I would be livid if Tebo would have claimed the motors were great and I go out to buy one and its a pile. From watching all the pro mains his engines did start out strong but half way thru you could hear they were hurting. On a side note I may try nitro next year it looked like alot of fun and congrats to RM for a great run in pro buggy!
braap!!!!!!!!!!!!! that sounds good.

it was great to have you hanging out in tent city. thanks SO MUCH for setting up my truck!
Old 02-25-2013, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigNasty
braap!!!!!!!!!!!!! that sounds good.

it was great to have you hanging out in tent city. thanks SO MUCH for setting up my truck!
Was no problem!
Old 02-25-2013, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Tebo ran a brand new engine in both classes this weekend. They broke in in the main and went rich. It is mind boggling that at that level a handful of the best guys do that when it is there paycheck at stake. And they do it all the time.

Plenty of guys ran Orion engines that were perfect all weekend. Mine included.
We all lose our temper every now and then but that was very bad timing on his part.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

+1 nitro challenge a main is the wrong place to have the nuts drop on a nitro engine. They are rolling the dice, trying to have a fresh piece....I'd rather have that happen on club night lol
Old 02-25-2013, 11:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Just want to thank all the people that helped me with my 1st nitro race every! John young, doogie, virk, casey peck and losi team. I know everyone has to pick a brand but it was nice to get help from all of you guys even if I wasn't running your stuff! I will be back next year. Thanks Joey for everything you did to make it happen, I'll help out you & aaron again anytime. I really hope people do understand the owners of fear farm care & kick butt in my book!
Old 02-26-2013, 05:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kakenballs
Just want to thank all the people that helped me with my 1st nitro race every! John young, doogie, virk, casey peck and losi team. I know everyone has to pick a brand but it was nice to get help from all of you guys even if I wasn't running your stuff! I will be back next year. Thanks Joey for everything you did to make it happen, I'll help out you & aaron again anytime. I really hope people do understand the owners of fear farm care & kick butt in my book!

I'm glad you had fun robby! you had a big smile on all week, I had a blast also for my first nitro challenge since 2010, my only complaint was the weather! no practice which hurt me a lot, due to not having enough track time to get my set up down, then I got everything together in time to run my main with 20 MPH winds on Sunday lol now that is rough! couldn't feel my hands or face and I swore my buggy wanted to be an airplane at points, but half way through I just wanted to get off the stand. I didn't care about the bump at that point so I finished out in 9th in the j haha! but next year will be better!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:49 AM
Tech Adept

WOW What a race.I want to thank Joey for putting on one hell of a event.Kenny Brosh for calling the best race in the world,don't know how you do it but you are a trooper.Aaron you are a animal.Thanks to all the people that stopped by my booth and bought stuff,You all are the best.Congrats to the poeple that won the a mains.Chris Wheeler congrats on that truggy pro a main,great job.All my sponsored drivers did very well.Vareck Wright,you are very fast for a old guy.lol Thanks Vareck.Big Nasty one hellova run with that gas truck.You were smilling the whole time.Ryan Trading paint you also had a blast in the gas truck race,first race ever with it you started and finished,great race.All the local guys that stopped by and said hi,Thanks to you all also.Aaron brown local talent you also did very well making the a main in 8 scale ebuggy,great run Aaron brown.Brandon Hacker,Tom Lenz,thanks guys for getting my nitro 8.2 ready,Thanks for the pit help also,car ran great.Ran all of my races without a breakage,didn't do so well but had the best time with it.I'm not the fastest guy out there but love doing what I do.Thanks from Big D's RC's to everyone.See you all next year.Thank you all

Dennis aka Big D
Old 02-26-2013, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Well, back to work today after a nice in town vacation at the Nitro Challenge. Had a great time. Despite time off racing and new rides I was able to put together my best big event so far. Got 5th in open truck and had a strong B main in buggy. Would have liked to make that show too but soooo many fast guys any one from the B could have competed in the A. Makes qualifying so important at the big races. This got me excited about racing again though so I will be seeing you all at the track more. Thanks a ton to all my friends who helped me get ready and made the week a blast.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lowjacey
I'm glad you had fun robby! you had a big smile on all week, I had a blast also for my first nitro challenge since 2010, my only complaint was the weather! no practice which hurt me a lot, due to not having enough track time to get my set up down, then I got everything together in time to run my main with 20 MPH winds on Sunday lol now that is rough! couldn't feel my hands or face and I swore my buggy wanted to be an airplane at points, but half way through I just wanted to get off the stand. I didn't care about the bump at that point so I finished out in 9th in the j haha! but next year will be better!
I'm with you on that, I was miserable. Never was so happy to be a loser in my life

Was ready to get off that stand and just go home
Old 02-26-2013, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Now you know why we say IT'S NOT CALLED THE NITRO EASY. The things you learned last week will no doubt make you better on club night.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.