Search

Anyone in the west valley?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 10:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default Anyone in the west valley?

Anyone in the west valley into 1/8 nitro offroad? I just bought a new D8T...paid for it online, gotta go to One Hobbies and pick it up on Friday. I may drop by Fear Farm to check out the races on Saturday...ive never been.
Anyone know how to set up a D8T properly and bored Friday night or sometime Sat and wanna help put the chassis kit together (motor wont be here until Monday). I pick up the D8T kit and servos tomorrow afternoon. Ill buy pizza/beer lol
Old 12-16-2010, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fourseventeen
Anyone in the west valley into 1/8 nitro offroad? I just bought a new D8T...paid for it online, gotta go to One Hobbies and pick it up on Friday. I may drop by Fear Farm to check out the races on Saturday...ive never been.
Anyone know how to set up a D8T properly and bored Friday night or sometime Sat and wanna help put the chassis kit together (motor wont be here until Monday). I pick up the D8T kit and servos tomorrow afternoon. Ill buy pizza/beer lol
Glad you picking one up at One. Sounds like you picked up some great gear. The Hot Bodies is a great kit to build, so I don't think you will have an issue with it. I live at Cotton Lane and Waddel in Surprise. If you need help, PM me.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:12 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

All the employees at one hobbies are very helpful. If you ask them to help you they will more than likely be willing to. You may even be able to do your build right there in the shop depending on who is there and how busy they are. You should call them and ask for help and if they say yes, just bring your tools to the shop with you
Old 12-16-2010, 10:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks NTA. Yeah I doubt I will have any issues building it...I built my old RC10T back in the day (over 7-8 years ago I think) but I figured if someone has had some experience with these to offer another set of hands that would have been cool...id hate to screw up my new truck. I really want to get it all dialed in so I can start getting out to the local tracks (once I am confortable driving this thing of coarse). I live on a golf coarse so I figured I could play around out there before making a fool of myself at the track lol

Jaz...I have been dealing with Chris over there. I have yet to meet him...just lots of emails back and forth. I will be going down there Friday to pick up my truck and servos but they didnt have my motor so I ordered that online and will have that Monday.

How long does it take to build this thing do you know? I have TONS of tools but I would have no clue what tools to bring with me incase they agreed to let me build it there. Plus im not sure if they would even be cool with that LOL. I dont want to intrude on the guys.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm off of peoria and reems
Old 12-17-2010, 06:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My name is Brian I would be more than happy to help, however NTA01 would be better suited to help. He has built at least 2 of every car or truck you could think of. Welcome to the hobby and One Hobbies.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

How long does it take to build this thing do you know? I have TONS of tools but I would have no clue what tools to bring with me incase they agreed to let me build it there. Plus im not sure if they would even be cool with that LOL. I dont want to intrude on the guys.
6 - 7 hours complete with motor and servo.
Depending what method of break in, 1 - 3 hours to break in a motor. I like to slowly break in a motor through heat cycling so I take a little longer 3 hours. I used to do it Drake style within 30 minutes, but did not get the longevity as I should on an engine.

Ummm, I wouldn't count on being able to build it at One. Table is for in-house repairs.

Metric tools needed:
elec driver a must unless you want to be Popeye.
1.5, 2.0, 2.5 mm hex driver
2.5 mm ball end hex for the engine is a plus but not necessary.
5.0, 5.5 mm nut driver
curved lexan scissors for the body

Oh, and order a Proline Bull dog body for the D8T.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:31 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

They got some nerve using their table for their own purposes
Old 12-17-2010, 08:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks guys you all rock!!!

Brian...are you the Brian I hear works at One? a little bird told me about a guy named Brian who is super helpful over there at the shop. I SHOULD be in there today assuming my D8T is in

and trust me I could use all the help I could get to get this thing built. I built my old RC10T many many MANY years ago and as I recall it was a pain in the butt. I want to get the D8T roller going but the motor wont be here until Monday and I need to order my Mx-3X still cause One wont have those until after xmas/new years I was told.