Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
Possible New 10,000 + square foot facility >

Possible New 10,000 + square foot facility

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possible New 10,000 + square foot facility

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 10:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How about a onroad track.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Anything new on this...
Old 02-20-2011, 08:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

know alot of us would be there right now
Old 02-20-2011, 09:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

yeah but how often does it rain us out on the outdoor tracks lol. Summer time is when it would get busy

Last edited by fourseventeen; 02-25-2011 at 10:03 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-20-2011, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fourseventeen
yeah but how often does it ran us out on the outdoor tracks lol. Summer time is when it would get busy

Indoor is indoor I would be there regardless if it was sunny outside. Build it already I am tired of sitting at home.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Originally Posted by fourseventeen
yeah but how often does it ran us out on the outdoor tracks lol. Summer time is when it would get busy
Hmmm, KBRL opener, States, Kbrl finals......just in the past few months. It would also be busy in the winter, if you notice, not to many people come race when it's cold outside.

I think it would be a great alternative, indoor, electric only would be prefect.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Cant wait!!

It would be a great facility, and the idea of bringing an already established RC shop is a great idea. A shop that stays open late(1-9pm) is what the area needs. Plus you add the fact that Firebird and Speedworld have a full season of SC Racing will bring alot of new racer to the hobby. I think its a great idea and hopefully it gets off the ground! I would love to come out and help!
Old 02-25-2011, 10:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Unfortunately I highly doubt it would ever get off the ground. The money just is not there. I have spoke with track owners here in AZ and I have researched the option of getting an indoor track going and the expense to get it going far outweighs any money that could ever be made. Start up costs alone for an indoor facility (especially if running nitro) would be VERY steep! Then with maintenance and the substantial cost for electricity the $ just doesnt add up. If I thought I could break even on the deal I would do it myself but I am 99.9% positive I would take a huge hit by taking that kind of leap. Im sure the OP also researched it more and walked away from the idea.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

I'm guessing it is safe to say this will be a no go. Sad maybe a smaller location would be a better option.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i love a good indoor track. Im from so cal where I had a choice of 3 tracks within
20min drive. a track like this needs a minimum of 20 people per day just to keep the doors open. Ask any of the track owners out there and you'll see that either they have a second job that funds the track or a rich mommy. you need something like 30 per day plus constant parts sales in order to make any kind of profit. and thats with only 1 paid employee and volunteers to do track rebuilds. now add in the cost of trucking in a good clay mix. if you can pull in 50 people averages then your golden. but good luck with that!
Old 04-16-2011, 09:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This is also something I have dreamed of. I would love a centrally located indoor track.

I can imagine trying to get it approved for Nitro cars would also mean more insurance as well. It can't be any worse than the indoor carting tracks that are in the same basic area that the original poster mentioned.

Another potential negative as far as attendance is concerned...it seems like about 70% of the people that do this hobby are heavy smokers. With the AZ smoking laws that might be a challenge.

If I win the lotto, I'll be building one.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:28 PM
Tech Regular

You should check out OCRC Racway and West Coast Raceway for ideas. They have atleast 20 people there a day practicing and or racing. Alot of people just practice and never race. Just watch liverc on a practice night and you'll see 20+ people on the driverstand at once. $15 to practice and $20 to race. Neither of there hobby shops have alot of parts thou. Just have to be open almost every day and have the track prepped and ready to practice. They also have alot of bigger club races and point series' with dialed give a ways. Dirt looks expensive, has good traction but doesn't wear tires. Maybe Fear Farm will sell you dirt, it's dialed. Or you could call them.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by busdriver
You should check out OCRC Racway and West Coast Raceway for ideas. They have atleast 20 people there a day practicing and or racing. Alot of people just practice and never race. Just watch liverc on a practice night and you'll see 20+ people on the driverstand at once. $15 to practice and $20 to race. Neither of there hobby shops have alot of parts thou. Just have to be open almost every day and have the track prepped and ready to practice. They also have alot of bigger club races and point series' with dialed give a ways. Dirt looks expensive, has good traction but doesn't wear tires. Maybe Fear Farm will sell you dirt, it's dialed. Or you could call them.
Danny himself will tell you that he's not making a living off what that track makes. It's lucky to break even with that kind of overhead.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RocktechRC
Danny himself will tell you that he's not making a living off what that track makes. It's lucky to break even with that kind of overhead.
NO $HIT! REALLY? I was just saying to call them and get advice.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by busdriver
NO $HIT! REALLY? I was just saying to call them and get advice.
dude you dont have to get all pissy. The discussion was whether or not a facility like this could generate money. I simply made a statement in regards to this topic. now as to calling them I know first hand that they are typically willing to share info and some advice so you are correct.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.