Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
I LIVE, I DIE, I LIVE AGAIN!!! Superstition Mall, Mesa AZ, Indoor Onroad Racing >

I LIVE, I DIE, I LIVE AGAIN!!! Superstition Mall, Mesa AZ, Indoor Onroad Racing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I LIVE, I DIE, I LIVE AGAIN!!! Superstition Mall, Mesa AZ, Indoor Onroad Racing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2023, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default I LIVE, I DIE, I LIVE AGAIN!!! Superstition Mall, Mesa AZ, Indoor Onroad Racing

March 30, 2024:

According to the current story, the timeframe for the track is JUNE. 60 days for the old lease to clear, 30 days to get the track done and ready to roll. More information to follow.

Added March 18, 2024:

MORE RUMBLINGS:

Apparently the dispute over the space in the mall is over and things are moving. A CARPET track is expected, but no dates set yet.

SEE "ARIZONA SCALE RACERS" Facebook for rumblings and any details.

THIS STATEMENT IS TO BE TAKEN AS RUMOR AND UNCONFIRMED, AND DEFINITELY NOT FUNDED. AS WE ALL KNOW PLANS WITHOUT FUNDING ARE HALUCINATIONS.

The only truly solid piece of information is that PF Hobbies is dead, and someone else is using the space at Superstition Mall.

BUT...

The story is that PF Hobbies has been bought out by someone who will be using the space as an electronics store. There is some discussion to continue racing and even upgrade the facility to a proper black carpet track. See the Arizona Scale Racers facebook page for more information, I will update this page as necessary.

Last edited by DesertRat; 03-31-2024 at 06:03 PM.
Old 12-14-2023, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i was sent this cut and paste from facebook about 2 days ago.

Heads up! AZ is going to have a crazy nice inside RC on road track again in Mesa AZ. Join the AZ scale racers group if you want. Inside Superstition Springs Mall.
The track was called PF Hobbies and now will have a new name after the holidays. It has all new ownership so should be pretty sweet.
The classes are TC and 1/12. Both are super fast and fun anything from Semi Truck to small 1/12 GTP style cars.
Stock TC 17.5
USGT
VTA (old school bodies)
FWD like hatchback cars
TC mod
1/12 GT12
1/12 13.5 AMR style bodies (wedge)
Here are a couple vids. Look for more details soon
*****Attention Racers *****
I have spoken to a person that is working on opening his gaming store in the old p&f Hobbies and keep the rc race track. He is currently working with the management company to stign a lease. Expecting to open after the Holidays. At first he will reopen the existing track, using the existing track with the epoxy surface, then once he gets settled in , purchases the lumber and carpet, there will be a carpet track installed. Sweet, This will be soooo cool, can't wait. Stay tuned for updates

end of paste
Old 12-14-2023, 08:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

https://youtu.be/aFkcAH-m9W0?si=H6FSIhpVVAZznx_s
Old 03-18-2024, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

MORE RUMBLINGS:

Apparently the dispute over the space in the mall is over and things are moving. A CARPET track is expected, but no dates set yet.

SEE "ARIZONA SCALE RACERS" Facebook for rumblings and any details.
Old 03-31-2024, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

More rumblings say JUNE timeframe for the new track.