R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Alabama Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/alabama-racing-84/)
-   -   Abrasion RC in Guntersville AL (https://www.rctech.net/forum/alabama-racing/414369-abrasion-rc-guntersville-al.html)

mxrich 07-15-2010 08:08 AM

As soon as I can set a date for the gang to get together we will come down there to run the F1's on the concrete track. Can't wait for that, should be a lot of fun. We will have a carpet track right after the Alpha race in IL. Maybe a series could be in the near future. Would not hurt my feelings any.:D Pass the word to the locals that there are a lot of cars and parts on the market that people don't know about. Let me know and I'll give the info.

scblazen 07-15-2010 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Spider004 (Post 7671453)
You know u got it made when your lunch break includes turning some laps!
Must be nice.

I was thinking of you:D

Spider004 07-15-2010 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by mxrich (Post 7674108)
As soon as I can set a date for the gang to get together we will come down there to run the F1's on the concrete track. Can't wait for that, should be a lot of fun. We will have a carpet track right after the Alpha race in IL. Maybe a series could be in the near future. Would not hurt my feelings any.:D Pass the word to the locals that there are a lot of cars and parts on the market that people don't know about. Let me know and I'll give the info.

Just let us know date and we can hopefully get everyone in area up for a big race!

Shoot me an email when you get time.

Thanks

James
[email protected]

Spider004 07-15-2010 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by scblazen (Post 7674606)
I was thinking of you:D

Yeah I bet!

mxrich 07-16-2010 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Spider004 (Post 7676048)
Just let us know date and we can hopefully get everyone in area up for a big race!

Shoot me an email when you get time.

Thanks

James
[email protected]

Well if you want a big race I have someone that could help. My racing partner in IL want's to come down for an F1 gathering and he loves to sponsor these events. I think I remember there being VTA and touring cars in your area so might as well send the word out when we set a date. I know the F1 d-drives will use silver can motors and 6 cell or LiPo for 8 minutes. If someone still has a Tamiya F201 just take the front shaft out (and the front diff if they want to) and run it as a 2wd with a 27T ROAR stock motor to even it out. I still have a couple of MLP F201's, I may run one of them just to see how it does.

Spider004 07-16-2010 02:03 PM

60% chance of rain tommorow for anyone planning on traveling.

Hobby shop and track will be open to anyone wanting to make it out.

Spider004 07-18-2010 05:04 AM

The rain kept most racers away yesterday. Thanks to the few that came out.

Next Saturday will be offroad the Saturday the 31st will be Onroad and Offroad in the same day.

hobbstimothy 07-18-2010 09:06 AM

wats the gas classes looking like over there such as truggys and buggys

Wonton 07-19-2010 02:25 PM

mobile

I know the mobile rc onroad club guys are always watching out for big races. We just got back from Memphis race and we saw some F1 cars there.

we run nitro touring, electric touring, 1/12, vta, pan car oval, and anything else we can think of.

Please keep us updated on anything big coming up.
thanks

Spider004 07-19-2010 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by hobbstimothy (Post 7685534)
wats the gas classes looking like over there such as truggys and buggys

Looks like it is going to be pretty good turnout this Saturday.
Hard to say regular turnout since we just took it over and will be re-working schedule.

Come on and check it out.

James

Spider004 07-19-2010 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Wonton (Post 7691179)
I know the mobile rc onroad club guys are always watching out for big races. We just got back from Memphis race and we saw some F1 cars there.

we run nitro touring, electric touring, 1/12, vta, pan car oval, and anything else we can think of.

Please keep us updated on anything big coming up.
thanks

We will keep everyone updated for sure.
Have a big offroad race in September and may try to get onroad going for first of October. If not it will be spring.

Any suggestions on date for a big onroad? Maybe October 9th?

Thanks

James

Spider004 07-19-2010 03:21 PM

Offroad racing Saturday, July 24th. Track opens at 10am and racing at 1pm.

Spider004 07-22-2010 01:28 PM

Abrasion RC Race Schedule

Saturday, August 7 Onroad/Oval
Saturday, August 14 Offroad
Sunday, August 22 Offroad
Sunday, August 29 Onroad
Saturday, September 4 Offroad September Showdown
Saturday, September 18 Onroad/Oval
Sunday, September 19 Offroad
Sunday, September 26 Onroad/Oval
Saturday, October 9 Onroad
Sunday, October 17 Offroad
Sunday, October 24 Onroad
Saturday, October 30 Offroad

Working on a big onroad race for October 9th with more details to come later.

The schedule and times will be up on new Rc website in the next week.

www.abrasionrc.com

Just wanted to get this out there and see if any conflicts or problems.

Thanks

James
[email protected]

TeamGPT88 07-22-2010 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Spider004 (Post 7691356)
We will keep everyone updated for sure.
Have a big offroad race in September and may try to get onroad going for first of October. If not it will be spring.

Any suggestions on date for a big onroad? Maybe October 9th?

Thanks

James

Oct 9th will not work because it's the same weekend as the FALL BRAWL in Memphis TN...
October 9th and 10th

Spider004 07-23-2010 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by TeamGPT88 (Post 7706677)
Oct 9th will not work because it's the same weekend as the FALL BRAWL in Memphis TN...
October 9th and 10th

Thanks.
Just saw that. We may just wait till spring since it will be pushing against carpet season.

James