Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DO NOT DEAL WITH Lst2MAN

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I always like when I lay out a long list of questions and people pick out a couple to answer then disappear. Really, I'm not some chump you should chose to just ignore.

You were man enough to bring this whole deal here and take up my time. Is it too much to ask that you take the time to address all my points I guess it is when it might not work in your favor.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by racer1812
I always like when I lay out a long list of questions and people pick out a couple to answer then disappear. Really, I'm not some chump you should chose to just ignore.

You were man enough to bring this whole deal here and take up my time. Is it too much to ask that you take the time to address all my points I guess it is when it might not work in your favor.

What do you want me to answer?
Old 10-29-2014, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator

I bullet pointed my questions/concerns.

If you didn't get ripped off by someone who happened to be a member of this site, to this day wouldn't be a member here would you?? I have no further comment for you.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

*If you weren't a member on here and regardless of where you got his contact info, why are you turning this into an issue for the members and the mod staff of this site??...this keys into the following question.
While I totally agree that the buyer made every wrong decision possible for dealing online, I don't really understand why you keep saying that he's making it an issue for members/mods on rctech. Perhaps I missed something, but I never once saw anything where this guy asked for any help, nor do I think he deserves any after the poor decisions he made. All I got out of his posts were to watch out for the guy who ripped him off. Like I said , maybe I missed something, but it just looks to me like he's done nothing more than give a heads-up to the community. I appreciate that part.

Originally Posted by Suzuki_11
What do you want me to answer?

Seriously? I just tried to stick up for you the best I could (which you didn't give me much to go on) and now you're gonna go and do this?
Old 10-29-2014, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

Harry, I feel for anyone that's in the HOBBY and get's ripped off. BUT when you bring it here from CL because of mistakes you made, I have issues with that.

Had he been a member here, read the rules, taken the time to read even a couple pages of the threads stuck in the FS forum..This thread wouldn't even exist.

I'm not sticking up for the 'seller', he's a POS and I banned him. But doesn't this site have enough issues without involving what happens on CL? What's next, we start looking into what people/members are doing on eBay? NO! that ain't gonna happen!
Old 10-29-2014, 04:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Harry, I feel for anyone that's in the HOBBY and get's ripped off. BUT when you bring it here from CL because of mistakes you made, I have issues with that.

Had he been a member here, read the rules, taken the time to read even a couple pages of the threads stuck in the FS forum..This thread wouldn't even exist.

I'm not sticking up for the 'seller', he's a POS and I banned him. But doesn't this site have enough issues without involving what happens on CL? What's next, we start looking into what people/members are doing on eBay? NO! that ain't gonna happen!
I messed up and gave him the oppertunity to scam me and he did. I understand that if i was a member and had read all of the rules this wouldnt have happened. At least someone who would do this when given the oppertunity isnt on this site anymore and maybe other buyers from other sites might see this if they look up his info before buying.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

I totally understand. But I'm also thinking that even though the deal was not done here, the seller in question is, in fact, a member here. So chances are, if this thread didn't pop up, the seller could have very well done the same thing to somebody on this site.

But thanks to a certain someone, we don't have to worry about ole' Lst2MAN anymore.

Hopefully the buyer learned a lesson here and hopefully the seller makes the right decision and stays gone!
Old 10-29-2014, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Well if you hang around here, you'll will find sellers like this are an exception, not a rule. Most people here will treat you great and many will go above and beyond the original sell. My rule is skip those ads with phone numbers and will text pics.

Keep all communications inside the forum through PM's, no text or emails. If a seller shows how desperate he is in the ad, skip it. If he's going through a life altering event, change of life, menopause, etc, skip it, if the ad looks like a ten year old wrote it, skip it. I usually check, here and on google, and if the seller posts are all on the classified, approach with caution, their just here for the bucks.

Fact is, I wouldn't surprised to see someone step up and offer something to get you rolling for a great price. So sorry one member turned out to be a douche, but give the forum time, alot of good guys here.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:05 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spookie
Well if you hang around here, you'll will find sellers like this are an exception, not a rule. Most people here will treat you great and many will go above and beyond the original sell. My rule is skip those ads with phone numbers and will text pics.

Keep all communications inside the forum through PM's, no text or emails. If a seller shows how desperate he is in the ad, skip it. If he's going through a life altering event, change of life, menopause, etc, skip it, if the ad looks like a ten year old wrote it, skip it. I usually check, here and on google, and if the seller posts are all on the classified, approach with caution, their just here for the bucks.

Fact is, I wouldn't surprised to see someone step up and offer something to get you rolling for a great price. So sorry one member turned out to be a douche, but give the forum time, alot of good guys here.
Very well said Sir. Sad to see this happen to anyone. Especially at such an expense.
Old 10-30-2014, 12:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spookie

IMO, this is HUGE. if you can't be bothered to post pics (or haven't been a member long enough to have those privileges, then i'm staying away.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

There are also members that have been around for awhile, that can't seem to figure out how to post pics. If they can't figure something simple like that out, or take the time to ask how it's done, I'm not sure they are someone I want to deal with. Pics need to be posted. If you buy from someone that did not post pics and they mail you a POS, you can't expect anyone here to help you since there was no evidence in visual form that they mailed something different than what was described. I don't consider texts to be a no-no, but again don't let someone lure you into doing everything away from the site. I use texts for sending pics of the ship receipt and maybe hashing out minor details on the tail end of the deal.

I had someone try to buy something from me that wouldn't except PM's.... had to turn them down. Well, the low-balling didn't help either
Old 10-30-2014, 01:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
There are also members that have been around for awhile, that can't seem to figure out how to post pics. If they can't figure something simple like that out, or take the time to ask how it's done, I'm not sure they are someone I want to deal with. Pics need to be posted. If you buy from someone that did not post pics and they mail you a POS, you can't expect anyone here to help you since there was no evidence in visual form that they mailed something different than what was described. I don't consider texts to be a no-no, but again don't let someone lure you into doing everything away from the site. I use texts for sending pics of the ship receipt and maybe hashing out minor details on the tail end of the deal.

I had someone try to buy something from me that wouldn't except PM's.... had to turn them down. Well, the low-balling didn't help either
If someone can figure out how to make an account here and use a computer, posting pictures isn't that hard. And if someone can't figure it out, there's plenty of posts on rctech explaining how to do so. It's been said before, if someone really wants to sell something: they will make an organized, detailed ad with good pictures.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

read my sig

My life on here would be much simpler if I could ban people for having no common sense
You'd be very lonely here too Racer...