Wiki Posts
Search

NEW TRACKS IN BETHEL CT

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 11:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default This Is Awesome

Yeeeeeeeeesssssss !!!!!!!!! Another Onroad Race Track.....Way To Go.

Looking Foward To Making The Trip...... How Far From NYC ????

Paul
Old 03-21-2010, 12:16 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

[QUOTE=taco94;7165254]Are you sure that is Madness' current schedule?; Since I hear the new location doesn't have an outdoor on-road.[/B]
Just going by what their web site says. Not sure sorry.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey Paul we about an hour from NYC.I am not sure about the Madness schedule either I'll get ahold of Chris or Mark during the week and find out.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cleancarz
Right now 1/10th scale we are trying to get new intrest in the hobby in this area as you probably know we have not had dirt oval or off road in about 4 years and Sugar Hollow was the last paved oval thats been gone for to long I don't even know of an on road controlled environment type track around this area.So affordability is first and formost to attract new "youngblood" to the sport. Also would love to have a USVTA class as the real deals used to run Lime Rock Park only about an hour and 15 mins. from here.The size of the entire fenced area also limits track size we are working with an area that is 200'x80' the size of an ice rink. I wanted to try and cover as much of the hobby as possible and 3 1/10th scale size tracks covers that. Not to say if we had to reconfigure something for maybe 1 show that would be something we would definatly consider.Thanks for your intrest hope you can support us when we open.
I drove by Sugar Hollow a few weeks ago.....the pavement is still there.

Looking forward to racing. I have not raced in Bethel since...I think the JRX-2 was the big deal buggy.

BTW, those vintage cars still run at LRP.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by alexrckid
i am an xtreme hack and i think that sundays work work fine....

fixed that for you!
Old 03-27-2010, 07:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by raffaelli
I drove by Sugar Hollow a few weeks ago.....the pavement is still there.

Looking forward to racing. I have not raced in Bethel since...I think the JRX-2 was the big deal buggy.

BTW, those vintage cars still run at LRP.
We are going to have a vintage dirt oval class if you think there is enough intrest we can do it for off road also. The Sugar Hollow track was nice but under all the storage sheds the track is all cracked and grass and weeds all growing through awesome place when it was running draw 20-25 guys for a Wed. night show.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

We are going to have a vintage dirt oval class if you think there is enough intrest we can do it for off road also. The Sugar Hollow track was nice but under all the storage sheds the track is all cracked and grass and weeds all growing through awesome place when it was running draw 20-25 guys for a Wed. night show.
I never raced on the paved track, just the offroad. I didnt see any trace of the offroad track, just sheds everywhere.

Any idea when racing will start?
Old 03-29-2010, 07:04 AM
Tech Initiate

We are hoping to start racing middle to end of April . The town still has to move some stuff. we may not have pit tables done yet,and have to get an appointment with light company but we can work around that.As soon as the town stuff is gone we will start building the tracks I will post here when that starts.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:32 PM
Tech Initiate

just to let everyone know had 50 tons of clay delivered today for the dirt oval part of the racearena. It looks like the first 2 tracks to be done will be the dirt oval and the on road part,only because the skate ramps are in the way of doing the off road track. As soon as they are moved we will start the off road track. Any questions just leave me a post.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

just to let everyone know had 50 tons of clay delivered today for the dirt oval part of the racearena. It looks like the first 2 tracks to be done will be the dirt oval and the on road part,only because the skate ramps are in the way of doing the off road track. As soon as they are moved we will start the off road track. Any questions just leave me a post.

Great news! Any idea what the classes for the on road track will be?
Old 04-09-2010, 06:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Pretty much stock and mod touring would also like to have a vintage trans am class if you have any other ideas let me know not sure what else any one is running but I am open to sugestions.Just would like to keep it 1/10 scale electric to start we are trying to draw more intrest in the hobby and that is the least expensive for any new looking to start.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

you should try and use the skate ramps in the layout of the off-road!!!! Easy to say without seeing them.

Sounds like a great venture, good luck - looking forward to it.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nikos2002
you should try and use the skate ramps in the layout of the off-road!!!! Easy to say without seeing them.

Sounds like a great venture, good luck - looking forward to it.
Oh man, that's creative. Yeah, that could work. Wouldn't have thought of that.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

Pretty much stock and mod touring would also like to have a vintage trans am class if you have any other ideas let me know not sure what else any one is running but I am open to sugestions.Just would like to keep it 1/10 scale electric to start we are trying to draw more intrest in the hobby and that is the least expensive for any new looking to start.
TCS type racing used to draw a big crowd in a track in the area which closed.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Mike is on the move.

Hey scott, that guy might be on to something with those skate ramps. Well just the table top that is still sitting there(I hope). Those others(The half-pipes) maybe can be used as the high side of a banked turn!?!?? Can you get me the dimensions of the off-road area as I would love to start drawing up some track layouts? Configurations wont be crazy. I remember what you said about novice to intermediate, SC classes and such.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.