Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-27-2010, 04:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Default new to forum

i was recently RE-introduced to the world of RC trucks and recieved a Slash 4x4 for christmas. anyways, hello to everyone and looking forward to seeing/meeting you guys.

I've over at kadena in terrace hights (gate 3), anyone nearby? Anyways, i'm in the need for some batts and a charger. anyone know if the chargers at the RCP is any good. i would want to order one but i want one now.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:43 AM
Tech Initiate

never mind picked up a charger from RCP.
Had tons of fun running my NEW slash 4x4 up until i broke the the front A-arm.

so the question now is. . . anyone have recommendation ??

i'm looking to order some RPM parts.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gherrry
never mind picked up a charger from RCP.
Had tons of fun running my NEW slash 4x4 up until i broke the the front A-arm.

so the question now is. . . anyone have recommendation ??

i'm looking to order some RPM parts.
Welcome back to RC! Sorry you broke a part but glad you had tons of fun up to that point!

RPM makes tough suspension arms and I believe they still have the you-break-it-we-replace-it guarantee. Where are you ordering your parts from? I've had good luck with Stormer Hobbies as far as stateside suppliers go. I need to get some stuff to so maybe we can consolidate the order and save on shipping. Jon always lets us know when he orders stuff from HK、 if you're interested in Lipos and BL motors/ESC.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

anyone up for track time today, looks like the rain is staying to the north of us.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

was a little chily outside but the track was awesomem, the new buggy is pretty close to what i like as well, oh and it didnt flame out
Old 12-31-2010, 11:12 PM
Tech Regular

So what is the game plan for Sunday, anyone plan on going to the Hill ?? The winds are supposed to die down some but still cloudy with a chance of rain. If it looks good in the AM I going............if it looks crapy RCP after lunch !!
Old 01-02-2011, 06:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Default lipo batts

Originally Posted by raycerZ
Welcome back to RC! Sorry you broke a part but glad you had tons of fun up to that point!

RPM makes tough suspension arms and I believe they still have the you-break-it-we-replace-it guarantee. Where are you ordering your parts from? I've had good luck with Stormer Hobbies as far as stateside suppliers go. I need to get some stuff to so maybe we can consolidate the order and save on shipping. Jon always lets us know when he orders stuff from HK、 if you're interested in Lipos and BL motors/ESC.
Actually i'll be heading out to RCP on Monday to pick up some lipo batts. I could really use some more battery sticks. i'm stuck with one nimh that came with the truck.

oh, i've already ordered some replacement parts and yes i did get some RPM.

can you recommend some batteries you've had good luck with?

thnks in advance.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Default NCO rocker --

sorry for the double post but, i just want to know if any of you meet out behind the NCO rocker here on kadena? if so how often? if not maybe we can set one up... more like a RC Tech Meet and Greet.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

RCP has some 4000mah lipos for around 4000 yen. Many of us order from Hobbyking.com and have it EMS'd to our local address...

I don't know anyone who meets out behind the Rocker, most of us are at RCP on Tuesday nights and at the Hill on Courtney on Sunday AM...
Old 01-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HyperHayden9
was a little chily outside but the track was awesomem, the new buggy is pretty close to what i like as well, oh and it didnt flame out
What buggy did you get douche pickle?
Old 01-02-2011, 07:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gherrry
sorry for the double post but, i just want to know if any of you meet out behind the NCO rocker here on kadena? if so how often? if not maybe we can set one up... more like a RC Tech Meet and Greet.
Back in the early 90s there used to be an off-road track in the same location you're talking about. Then they built a bigger track by the Foster Fieldhouse and the Kadena track fell into disrepair.

I believe 18SVS is open to the idea of a community RC track. Maybe we could approach them with the idea...

Mike
Old 01-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

not sure if there would be any interest in another track (considering we have RCP, Blues Bay SCT and The Hill for off-road) and it was pulling teeth getting the one on Courtney, wouldn't want to deal with that on Kadena and we have a hard enough time keeping The Hill alive and well...thanks to Hayden and Greg working on it...
Old 01-03-2011, 12:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by YDBD
not sure if there would be any interest in another track (considering we have RCP, Blues Bay SCT and The Hill for off-road) and it was pulling teeth getting the one on Courtney, wouldn't want to deal with that on Kadena and we have a hard enough time keeping The Hill alive and well...thanks to Hayden and Greg working on it...
Blues Bay SCT ?? where is this?
Old 01-03-2011, 07:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by YDBD
RCP has some 4000mah lipos for around 4000 yen. Many of us order from Hobbyking.com and have it EMS'd to our local address...

I don't know anyone who meets out behind the Rocker, most of us are at RCP on Tuesday nights and at the Hill on Courtney on Sunday AM...
what type of batteries do you run? i ordered 2 3s/20c/5000mah "blue lipos" for $50 delivered. was this a good deal? (buddy back at home swears by them)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.