Search

Bumps and Jumps 09/10 offroad season

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 08:00 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dan r
good to hear WYD, i'd like to see the class filled with multiple brands, i think that's great. hope to get to watch them run together all winter...
It would be nice if all brands would be competitive but more testing is needed. Good thing is when Bumps opens we will have guys running all 3 brands together during practice so we will have a better idea.

Next week I will race at Garlands in their spec class and will see how the 3 brands do when racing together. SHould be interesting with them all running together. Will just be another day of watching and seeing what is working and if one is that much better than the others but at this time I just didn't see it so far.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:15 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

that would stink somewhat for folks pickin up a sc10, strike, or blitz etc to have to change motor/speedo etc to 'fit in' with a class. but if their not equal. their not equal.

almost completely the reason why mod truck sounded better to me from the word 'go'.

R
Old 09-27-2009, 07:47 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
that would stink somewhat for folks pickin up a sc10, strike, or blitz etc to have to change motor/speedo etc to 'fit in' with a class. but if their not equal. their not equal.

almost completely the reason why mod truck sounded better to me from the word 'go'.

R
I think they will be equal since the Slash seems to have the best tires. At PitStop the The two fastest laptimes where Adam and Kurt with Slash trucks. They also had plenty of rip with the 55 can 12 motor they have. By looking at them the Losi looks best but it isn't any better on the track.

If we keep the Spec class that everyone has to run the stock type tires that came with their brand truck then I think all problems will be solved. Right now the Associated tires work ok and same with the Losi. Tires are always the great equalizer in any type racing. Drivers can do so much but tires will help any driver good or bad.

I honestly don't think the motor that comes in the SC10 is all that great even though it has external brushed and springs. The other two brands are sealed motors but I think they are a lower turn. I left my SC10 motor bone stock (since we shouldn't be allowed to change brushes and springs. My truck was only mid pack speed down the straight aways but I just drove more consistant. Plenty of guys could easily run my lap times with the Slash but just didn't run as many laps smoothly like I managed this week.

So far so good onwhat I seen with the Slash vs the Losi and Associated. At this time my opinion is the Slash guys have nothing to worry about in being competitive. The Slash easily holds its own. I wouldn't of thought it could but when all trucks run SPEC its a toss up on the trucks.

Bob Moore didn't run his Slash at PS this week but he has been the man to beat and I'm sure had he run I wouldn't of won on Friday night. I seen his truck run and it works better than mine. Will see on Sunday at Garlands big race. Bob is signed up and I expect he will be once again the man to beat.....in his Slash. His son is pretty darn fast with his Slash as well. If anything I think the Losi and Associated guys have alot more to fear. Like I said tires take care of everything and the Slash has the best ones so far.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:58 AM

hmm g's races on sundays. too bad so far for me. worst comes to worst how ugly is it to convert a t4 to a sc10? thats last ditch. i tried that game once, not terribly keen on it unless its in a expert/SS/mod/open whateva deal. but at that....why not just run mod truck.

R
Old 09-27-2009, 08:06 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
hmm g's races on sundays. too bad so far for me. worst comes to worst how ugly is it to convert a t4 to a sc10? thats last ditch. i tried that game once, not terribly keen on it unless its in a expert/SS/mod/open whateva deal. but at that....why not just run mod truck.

R
It is cheaper for you to just run mod truck. If you sell something and have some extra cash then you could get a SCT. I know you tried it once but if you want to race cheap and just hang with group what a great way to do both for almost no cash spent.

Hey run whatever gets you to the Bumps to hang with us. Hell just hang out even is better than nothing. Truely going to be the best Bumps year ever.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:13 AM

looks like b4 and t4 packing 13.5s. maybe if there's a 17.5 SCT i'd look into that. but not spec.

R
Old 09-27-2009, 09:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
...Next week I will race at Garlands in their spec class and will see how the 3 brands do when racing together. SHould be interesting with them all running together. Will just be another day of watching and seeing what is working and if one is that much better than the others but at this time I just didn't see it so far.
We've only ever had the Slash and the SC10 race at G's, and it seems like the Slash is better suited to that track. I'm sure that with some setup tweaks an SC10 could boogie around there pretty well.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:27 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Beeen
We've only ever had the Slash and the SC10 race at G's, and it seems like the Slash is better suited to that track. I'm sure that with some setup tweaks an SC10 could boogie around there pretty well.
Hey Ben I agree with you. THe Losi is nice but truely not any better than the other two SCT trucks.

At this time my thought is to run the three brands together. Rules will be pretty much stock excpet changing out to another radio. Salash trucks can use the Alum shock caps.

All trucks to use the tires that came with the truck, no running tires from the other brands. Slash is are original SPEC class and hey if ruling gives the Slash a little advantage then so be it since it is the original SPEC SCT that all others are going to be judged by. We in no way want racers with a Slash to think they need another brand truck.

Everything I have seen and just what you posted is what me and a few others agree. The Slash is easily competitive if everyone runs the tires that came with their brand SCT. I think at Garlands you let the SC10 run Slash tires but the Slash still does better (which is great IMP and I even has an SC10) The ultimate goal is to have all brands run together and if any advantage is to be had its great if its the Slash.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:30 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

On another subject Chris has the new upstairs pit benches and shelving pretty much done. Not some paint, carpet on them, and a little bracing but man does the upstairs look so open now. A whole new look.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I was out at Garlands late this afternoon and ran my strike along with my son's slash together on his smaller track and there really was not an advantage for the strike. I was beating him in the corners, but that was petty much driver and not the car.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:47 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by jmackani
I was out at Garlands late this afternoon and ran my strike along with my son's slash together on his smaller track and there really was not an advantage for the strike. I was beating him in the corners, but that was petty much driver and not the car.
Thankyou for the info.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:47 PM
Tech Regular

Brian,

You say that the class will probably set up to allow all 3 makes. Does this mean that the hpi truck will be left out? Just curious. I'm glad you guys have had the chance to do some testing. At least people now get info from a reliable source. If you are getting beat by a Slash while running the SC10, then the trucks def. have to be close as you were on a mission this past season with your Slash. You are super consistent and don't make a lot of mistakes. I look forward to getting a chance to be on the track at the same time this year. I think it only happened twice last year as several of the races I attended, you were either gone or didn't run your Slash. Please confirm whether the hpi truck will be allowed in the "Stock" class.

Thanks,

Bryan
Old 09-27-2009, 07:13 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Bryan@SMC
Brian,

You say that the class will probably set up to allow all 3 makes. Does this mean that the hpi truck will be left out? Just curious. I'm glad you guys have had the chance to do some testing. At least people now get info from a reliable source. If you are getting beat by a Slash while running the SC10, then the trucks def. have to be close as you were on a mission this past season with your Slash. You are super consistent and don't make a lot of mistakes. I look forward to getting a chance to be on the track at the same time this year. I think it only happened twice last year as several of the races I attended, you were either gone or didn't run your Slash. Please confirm whether the hpi truck will be allowed in the "Stock" class.

Thanks,

Bryan
Hey Bryan. Well we didn't get to see the HPI run yet and are waiting for them to arrive so we can se how they run. Not sure what HPI's time frame is to get these trucks out. We will make a decision on them if we ever get to see one run. Waiting for new producst is always up in the air.

Chris is going to try to run the big race at Garlands so he can test a Slash and also get to see the other trucks run. This will be a pretty big race with the first big head to head show down with the 3 brands. Chris is very interested on seeing how they all compare and is going to take a day of working at the shop getting stuff done to see how these trucks run. Shows how serious we are about trying to keep the class fair to all.

Where trying to be as fair and open minded as possible. We want everyone to have a great time. All the other classes are pretty much easy to setup but this is more than likely going to be the largest class with alot of new stuff so we are trying are best to make everyone happy.

Thanks for the props. I try my best to be smooth as possible and like I mentioned I was pretty consistant with the SC10 but at least 3 others ran a few faster laps than me. I ran my truck right out of the box with only the radio change.

Hey the ultimate for us at Bumps is all trucks are pretty equal except for the driver or the next best case would be the Slash is a little better than the others would be great to.

On a side note guys to have to realize that racing is always changing and new stuff comes out so being a little flexable will help us all out. We all want Bumps to be around and Chris has to do what helps to keep his racers as happy as realistically possible.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:18 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Little progree report. Chris has busted rear and has all the new benches done upstairs and is finishing up the shelfing, wiring and painting of the benches. The upstairs looks so much more open vs those steel partitions we had last year.

For any Slash racers I know me and a few other to be regulars at Bumps are racing at Garlands on Sunday for their Bash Race. Chris is going to try to make it but for me and Chris it will be testing of the SCT class with the Slash, SC10 and Strike all running together with pretty the same rules that will apply for Bumps.

Major differance is Garlands lets you run any SPEC tire from the Slash, SC10, or Strike. Bumps rules will be you have to run the kit tires that comes with your SPEC SCT.

I also will be running the SC10 with the stock motor and brushes that Reedy put in their 17 turn spec motor for the SC10. No modifications to the motor other than I did change the gearing on my SC10.

I should have a good idea on how running all three brands together will work out after this weekend. Check back for my update. We will have some good drivers piloting each brand of truck at this race and at least 25 to 35 entries in the class so will see what happens.

My early prediction will be Bob Moore with his Slash is my guess for the overall winner so lets see if I'm right. I would love to say it is me with the SC10 but I just don't see that happening.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:19 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Other note we will have the Losi Strike in stock as of today at Bumps, I know one is sold already but we should have one more plus we have some Slash trucks in stock as well.

The new HPI Blitz is still on backorder from hell!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.