Courtney Marine Corps Base Off-Road Track Okinawa Japan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Courtney Marine Corps Base Off-Road Track Okinawa Japan

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 04:02 AM
Tech Addict

That's some pretty sweet software Ken!!!

- Paulie
Old 04-12-2009, 06:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bando711

bando711

I do like this track. Looks like a lot of thought went into building it. I think if a few of our experts got together to tweek it, it could be an awesome track. Maybe Ken, Jon, Robert and Iggy and some other experienced guys could meet and take this track to a new level.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:26 PM
Tech Initiate

I like the track building software...looks like it could make something pretty cool. I was looking around and saw a few 1:1 scale tracks and though but put some jumps on it and make it smaller they could be a decent run. I can't post the picture since I don't have enough post on this site yet...sigh. But we between all of us we could come up with something pretty kick ass
Old 04-13-2009, 12:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys just made an account. Let me know what I can do to help and you got it. The posted track looks pretty sweet
Old 04-13-2009, 01:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think Ken's track layout is a good use of space and materials, we just need the place leveled...from Roberts post we still don't have the approval or the means to tear up the ground yet

So when can we expect some large equipment for the reaping?

We gotta keep up the enthusiasm...

anyone for BIOS on the 19th?
Old 04-13-2009, 01:39 AM
Tech Regular

If you guys use a photo hosting site (photobucket) you can post pictures from there.

Jon, my plan is to run Bios on the 19th, a backup plan if the track is too wet would be the Tamiya Challenge at Yomitan....... or we could run some laps @Chibana

I plan on checking out Bios sometime Saturday and make the call then.

We still on for 6:30 pm Tuesday (that's 1830 for you non-civilians) @ Coutney?
Old 04-13-2009, 02:05 AM
Tech Adept

All,

We are still on for Tues at 1830, same place as last time (Lounge)

I placed a call t the SeaBee's today and will touch base with them in the AM to see if they can have a rep at the meeting.

I am also going to follow up with Camp Services about attending and giving us the low down on what exactly they need from us.

Dinner

If you want, let me know and I will provide dinner (Brats,) on the grill for everyone...
(Brats, buns, chips, sauteed onions, spicy mustard, etc)

this way no one is to rushed , hungry or tired to not attend.

Chem
Old 04-13-2009, 02:10 AM
Tech Master

Ken we can always run my track, especially with a slash wet or dry...
I won't be able to make the meeting on Tuesday, just keep me in the loop.

What I don't like about posting from photobucket is we won't be able to see the pics until we get home, most media sites are blocked at work...just make some useless posts like this one so you can do an attachement...
Old 04-13-2009, 02:22 AM
Tech Regular

Speaking of "SLash" what is the status of the five you were ordering.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:25 AM
Tech Master

shipped, should be here fri/sat/mon
Old 04-13-2009, 03:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Do a google search for DC Offroad RC Park. They got a monster track on there, could be perfect for the Hill.

This stoopid ace site won't let me post links until I reach the magic number. What a great way to fill your forum with a bunch of BS posts.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:23 AM
Tech Regular

This the track you are talking about?
http://
Old 04-13-2009, 05:20 AM
Tech Regular

Here is a "RC Park" in Foley, AL. Notice the dual use of the drivers stand. The large oval is for go carts, check out the blue groove in that Alabama red clay !! Although this track was fun to race on notice the big jump, furthest point for the drivers stand, very difficult to line up for big air.
http://
Old 04-13-2009, 05:41 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bando711
If you guys use a photo hosting site (photobucket) you can post pictures from there.

Jon, my plan is to run Bios on the 19th, a backup plan if the track is too wet would be the Tamiya Challenge at Yomitan....... or we could run some laps @Chibana

I plan on checking out Bios sometime Saturday and make the call then.

That's an excellent plan Ken. I should have my servo horns here before the weekend, so I plan to run my D8 only. I had issues with my ESC/Motor in my DB01 this past Sunday, so it's out until I get a new brushless system.

As for the new track, layout is one thing, but I think it may also be a good idea to come up with the type of things that we want included in the design. For example, should it have a rhythm section, washboard section, technical section, double jumps, tripple jumps, step up jump, tabletop jump, hairpin corner, banked corner, etc.?

If we agree on the type of things the track should have, we could build the layout around those specific components to come up with a design that brings out the best in each. Just a thought...

I guess my thing here is that I'd like to reach big from the beginning. We have a unique opportunity here to create something really special. Think of all the designs you've ever seen, and lets create the best track we can avoiding the pitfalls of tracks you didn't like for whatever reason.

Basically, we get to be "Kings for a day" here, so if we have the opportunity to have some guest help move some earth for us, lets do it right and do it justice with the best track we can possibly create.

Everyone should keep in mind that some components of a track may sound great on paper, but in driving them are just not that fun, or turn out to be car breakers, or present marshal/safety issues, etc.

Of all the people involved in getting this off the ground, I think Ken has raced on quite a few different tracks in the US to give input on what will, and will not work and is who I'd defer to for expertise in that area.

- Paulie
Old 04-13-2009, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

Kens the man!

Who is Lead Farmer and Freakin Joey? Real names please.

Hope the meeting goes well tonite, we need to get that ground cleared so we can build Paulie's dream track, might as well leave the blacktop there...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.