Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > California Racing
West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali! >

West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 203 votes, 2.39 average.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

No dimensions on the drawing but i don't think 16' between those 2 will be a problem. the only way to describe how large this track is is to use 4 letter words and i can't do that here. maybe we can settle for EFFEN HUGE. If the straight goes as was explained a few days ago it is over 150', i always go overboard or maybe i misunderstood but i would guess closer to 200'. Kasper or Danny - got anything official to shrink my head here? The lanes are pretty dang wide. the same size track in off road stock i would guess would be 45 second lap times at least (maybe i am slow).

oops...the layout says 125'x65' my bad - I still call BS...it is bigger

Last edited by toybreaker; 07-07-2009 at 08:05 PM. Reason: my mistake on well...most all of it..
Old 07-07-2009, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Just stopped by the track to check it out. Offroad track is looking great...can't wait to get out there on the clay!

Onroad track is, ummm, uh, well, BIG!!!!!!!!! REALLY big! Looks big from floor, looks good-golly-gi-normous from the drivers stand. I got all choked up for a moment...

Gonna be fun. Fun FUn FUN!!!!!!
Old 07-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Tech Adept

Did I hear grand opening, July 13?????
Old 07-07-2009, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I am not speaking on behalf of the WCRC Staff here, but I can say with confidence that the schematic I posted has been closely scrutinized. And by more people than just myself. The design has been a group effort by many racers and represents many different ideas and suggestions.

From what I have been told, the islands and the curbing will be laid down tomorrow. Here's a concept rendering...
Attached Thumbnails West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali!-wcrc_asphalt_2_pg04.jpg  
Old 07-07-2009, 09:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Tony- I'm picturing about halfway between Tamiya and Revelation's old on road track. That about right for the size?
Old 07-07-2009, 11:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J.Filipow
Concept rendering of the asphalt venue...
Jay, just wondering if the two poles are placed in/on any of the islands ?

looks like one is, but i am not sure about the other ?
Old 07-08-2009, 01:45 PM
Tech Adept

the curbing is being layed in right now it probably is already layed and done just needs to dry, dont worry about the poles everything will be ok on that situation as far as grand opening on the 13th i believe its going to be more of a soft opening not a grand opening,, both tracks are dialed and BIG with nice driver stands and dialed pit tables with enough room for everyone to walk threw the isles and not be cramed.. we tested it with me and 2 other bigger guys so if us fat guys can fit then were all good lol..hope to see every one at the track when it opens and if you have any questions while your their dont be afraid to ask....
Old 07-08-2009, 03:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Anyone know what the hours of operation will be? I can't wait to hit this track up. The photos look great and it's right by my work.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by js058515
Anyone know what the hours of operation will be? I can't wait to hit this track up. The photos look great and it's right by my work.
speaking of photos can I see some new ones??? PLEEEEAASSSSEEEE, LOL. I wish I could check it out but I've been too dang busy...any one going to be there friday night???
Old 07-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hamslam2003
speaking of photos can I see some new ones??? PLEEEEAASSSSEEEE, LOL. I wish I could check it out but I've been too dang busy...any one going to be there friday night???

Here's a teaser photo from today, Wednesday July 8, 2009.

http://p1brand.blogspot.com/2009/07/...mirada-ca.html
Old 07-09-2009, 03:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sorry guys but I have been so busy working with Danny the last few days that I have not had time to post answers to questions or put pics up on our website but...with all of the hard work we have all been doing at the track he has given me the ok to announce that we will be having our "Soft" Opening on July 13th!!

Bring yourself and bring your friends! There will be free practice on Monday, Onroad and Offroad. We will open the doors at noon so come on down and enjoy a free day of practice.

Then... On July 14th we are going to have our first Onroad race, again free of charge. So grab your rides and come check out the HUGE onroad asphalt track. Offroaders please feel free to come on down and practice while racing is being conducted, as long as you have a spectrum radio system.

And Lastly... On July 15th we are going to have our first offroad race, still free of charge!! Bring your, Buggies, Trucks, SC10s, Slashes 1/8th scales and join us for a night of tearing up some 100% clay. Same thing goes for anyone who wants to practice onroad, if you have a spectrum radio system you may practice while racing is happening.

If you show up everyday from the time we open until closing time you will get over 33 hours of practice, racing and hanging out at the track, all on the house!!

After the 15th the fess will be $20 to race for your first class and $15 for each additional class. Practice will be $15 and the schedule will be as follows:

Full day of practice: Monday and Thursday

Onroad: Tuesday and Saturday

Offroad: Wednesday, Friday and Sunday

Monday and Thursday: Noon to 10pm practice

Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: Noon to 6:30PM practice, racing from 7PM to end of racing

Saturday: 10am to 2:30pm practice, racing from 3pm to end of racing

Sunday: 10am to 5:30pm practice, racing from 6pm to end of racing

The address for the track is:
15905 Canary Ave.
La Mirada, Ca. 90638

I know I speak for Danny and everyone else on the West Coast Crew, we look forward to seeing you here and seeing you often.

Remember to check out our website for more information and updates. We are also hoping to have the video feeds up by then too!!
Old 07-09-2009, 03:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default Woohoo!

See you guys Monday morning!

B.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Awesome....
Old 07-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Those are very nice hours and days to have fun......congrats on all the hard work. Now it's are turn to make it pay off!
Old 07-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ckaspar
Sorry guys but I have been so busy working with Danny the last few days that I have not had time to post answers to questions or put pics up on our website but...with all of the hard work we have all been doing at the track he has given me the ok to announce that we will be having our "Soft" Opening on July 13th!!

Bring yourself and bring your friends! There will be free practice on Monday, Onroad and Offroad. We will open the doors at noon so come on down and enjoy a free day of practice.

Then... On July 14th we are going to have our first Onroad race, again free of charge. So grab your rides and come check out the HUGE onroad asphalt track. Offroaders please feel free to come on down and practice while racing is being conducted, as long as you have a spectrum radio system.

And Lastly... On July 15th we are going to have our first offroad race, still free of charge!! Bring your, Buggies, Trucks, SC10s, Slashes 1/8th scales and join us for a night of tearing up some 100% clay. Same thing goes for anyone who wants to practice onroad, if you have a spectrum radio system you may practice while racing is happening.

If you show up everyday from the time we open until closing time you will get over 33 hours of practice, racing and hanging out at the track, all on the house!!

After the 15th the fess will be $20 to race for your first class and $15 for each additional class. Practice will be $15 and the schedule will be as follows:

Full day of practice: Monday and Thursday

Onroad: Tuesday and Saturday

Offroad: Wednesday, Friday and Sunday

Monday and Thursday: Noon to 10pm practice

Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: Noon to 6:30PM practice, racing from 7PM to end of racing

Saturday: 10am to 2:30pm practice, racing from 3pm to end of racing

Sunday: 10am to 5:30pm practice, racing from 6pm to end of racing

The address for the track is:
15905 Canary Ave.
La Mirada, Ca. 90638

I know I speak for Danny and everyone else on the West Coast Crew, we look forward to seeing you here and seeing you often.

Remember to check out our website for more information and updates. We are also hoping to have the video feeds up by then too!!
I can't wait to be there...this is awesome!

Steve Wang

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 203 votes, 2.39 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.