Wiki Posts
Search

Asphalt Onroad Racing in Middletown NY.

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 05:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default ..................

Sounding great.Will not be able to make this weekend tho....My daughter is getting married.Will see all at the next one for sure.M
Old 07-11-2008, 12:01 PM
Tech Regular

For those who have not been to prospeed in the past,the address is
Circleville Elementry School, 2000 Rt 302, Circleville NY 10919. Everything is set the weather is perfect this sunday,sunshine and in the mid 80's,we have a port o john on site and two pizza restaurants that will deliver. Looking forward to some great racing,see you there.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lotus1
Sounding great.Will not be able to make this weekend tho....My daughter is getting married.Will see all at the next one for sure.M
Congratulations and enjoy the wedding.We'll see ya at the next race.Next week were going to Nercar and our next race will be on Sunday the 27th.
Old 07-12-2008, 04:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shamu
Congratulations and enjoy the wedding.We'll see ya at the next race.Next week were going to Nercar and our next race will be on Sunday the 27th.
Thanks,Sham....Definate on the next one.NO DOUBT YO!
Old 07-13-2008, 06:06 PM
Tech Regular

WOW,what a great day of racing.I want to thank everyone for coming and for a large turnout at Prospeed,it made our efforts for the last couple of weeks well worth it!!I also want to thank Jaime Corrado and Mikey Mike for spraying the track with Jaime's special brew,and a big thanks to everyone for the tear down of the track,that really meant alot to me .AWESOME! I almost forgot,Thank you Gunner for all your help this morning and making a nice layout. Charlie Schaumburg
Old 07-15-2008, 07:20 AM
Tech Regular

Our next race will be on Sunday July 27th,we will race every other Sunday from now to the end of Sept.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That was one good race day. La La La La I'll be in the next one. see ya there.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Awsome!! Great to see you guys are racing again. Guess I'll have to blow the dust off my car. Hope I can remember how to start the dang thing?!?!?!?
Unfortunately I wont be able to make the end of July race but am on Vacation till September so I'll be there in August. Congrats & Thanks to the guys that made this happen!
Greg
Old 07-16-2008, 02:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Hi guys...great to hear you're back to racing. Was wondering if there is any interest in a vintage Trans Am class ?....using Trans Am rules on body..tires....just 6 cells and 19t ...would have to work out a final drive ratio depending on track length...makes for some good close racing...everybody equal on power...great way to use some of those old chassis like a TC3 or XXX-S. Definately 2 people interested here in Poughkeepsie willing to make the trip, possibly 3 if I can get in touch with Dwight. In any event, did you have any electrics on the first day of racing ?
Any interest in the Trans Am thing...post a reply or pm me here
Again, good job of getting reorganized,
Bill
Old 07-16-2008, 06:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcracer1958
Hi guys...great to hear you're back to racing. Was wondering if there is any interest in a vintage Trans Am class ?....using Trans Am rules on body..tires....just 6 cells and 19t ...would have to work out a final drive ratio depending on track length...makes for some good close racing...everybody equal on power...great way to use some of those old chassis like a TC3 or XXX-S. Definately 2 people interested here in Poughkeepsie willing to make the trip, possibly 3 if I can get in touch with Dwight. In any event, did you have any electrics on the first day of racing ?
Any interest in the Trans Am thing...post a reply or pm me here
Again, good job of getting reorganized,
Bill
Thanks,we are considering a spec/electric type class to get locals/beginners involved to help onroad racing grow in our area.The Trans Am class sounds interesting as long as if we can keep the cost down.I like the idea of bodies people can recognize.We welcome you and your fellow racers to come on the 27th.We can set up a race,go over some ideas you may have and consider this class.Looking forward to meeting with you.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm going to do my best to get there on the 27,waiting on a body.I've got 4 people who are definate on doing this...but not all are ready and might not make it till the next race. worst case 1 or 2 will show on the 27 so you can get an idea of what the cars will look like and how they are set up. If you've got the time, check out the attached linkto the trans am thread..the rules are posted there. like I said, they're set up for tight indoor tracks ad limit the batts to four cells, but stated in the thread that for a large outdoor track they'd consider 6 cell 19T. We're not trying to get in on their national points series or becoming a sanctioned club, just want to have a cheap, fun class to run. Any old school chassis will work because of the tire/aerodynamics....just be prepared that we won't be the fastest guys on the track....just the closest racing.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=198728
Hope to see you on the 27...and tell Jaime the guys from rampage say hi
Old 07-17-2008, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcracer1958
I'm going to do my best to get there on the 27,waiting on a body.I've got 4 people who are definate on doing this...but not all are ready and might not make it till the next race. worst case 1 or 2 will show on the 27 so you can get an idea of what the cars will look like and how they are set up. If you've got the time, check out the attached linkto the trans am thread..the rules are posted there. like I said, they're set up for tight indoor tracks ad limit the batts to four cells, but stated in the thread that for a large outdoor track they'd consider 6 cell 19T. We're not trying to get in on their national points series or becoming a sanctioned club, just want to have a cheap, fun class to run. Any old school chassis will work because of the tire/aerodynamics....just be prepared that we won't be the fastest guys on the track....just the closest racing.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=198728
Hope to see you on the 27...and tell Jaime the guys from rampage say hi

You going to stick to the rules from carpet at Rampage?
Old 07-17-2008, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

The results of Sundays, July 13th Opening Day at Prospeed can be found at www.prospeedrcraceway.com
Old 07-18-2008, 03:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Chris...you mean the crazy nascar rules ??...no...trans am's body and tire rules... any 4 wd chassis...any 6 cell nimh or nicad...and any 2c lipo up to 3600 mah...any roar approved fixed timing 19T...and a final drive ratio to be determined (hoping to determine that on the 27 ) the guys who are interested are probably going to run orion 3600's or yeah racing 3200's. the truth is...with the tire,body,aerodynamic restrications...power isn't going to be the key....setup and driving will be. hope to see you there chris
Old 07-18-2008, 11:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by shamu
The results of Sundays, July 13th Opening Day at Prospeed can be found at www.prospeedrcraceway.com
HMMMM! all I'm seeing Charlie is the results from the race before that?!?!?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.