Wiki Posts
Search

Tracks in China

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 02:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Centax Error,

Hopefully the picky American market will like the buggy, too. You'll find that the weight distribution and suspension geometry are completely different than the Mugen MBX-5. The pivot ball suspension and/or the laydown steering servo designs have been in use by other companies for about 20 years (be it electric or on-road designs), so Mugen never originated the ideas...they popularized them, and only in offroad at that. As you can see, it's made for the Chinese market as well as export, which is unusual.

The engine is indeed a .21 by SH Taiwan. They do engines in the US for Megatech, Dynamite, GS, and probably others. Very reliable and easy to start, but not necessarily as fast as an OS or Nova Rossi. The car was designed for beginners, so they don't really need the extra horsepower.

Let us know how the Swift runs for you! It hasn't hit the US shores yet, as it's on the boat still. Should be here in another week or two, however. I'm the only American who's driven it so far. It's excellent as far as "ready to run" cars go, but it still needs a little bit of work to make it a national-level competitor. It's pretty durable, though!

Power Racing (USA) and Nanda (PRC) are the same, btw.

-Cameron
[email protected]

Last edited by wagnerov; 11-24-2003 at 02:17 PM.
Old 11-24-2003, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by wagnerov
Centax Error,

Hopefully the picky American market will like the buggy, too. You'll find that the weight distribution and suspension geometry are completely different than the Mugen MBX-5. The pivot ball suspension and/or the laydown steering servo designs have been in use by other companies for about 20 years (be it electric or on-road designs), so Mugen never originated the ideas...they popularized them, and only in offroad at that. As you can see, it's made for the Chinese market as well as export, which is unusual.
I see it's not an MBX-5. Were you involve in the designing testing at all?
There is no market in China for this stuff right now, hopefully it will change in the next few years. The only one who is interested in this car is me and the other two guys in this thread and both of us are not chinese at all.

The engine is indeed a .21 by SH Taiwan. They do engines in the US for Megatech, Dynamite, GS, and probably others. Very reliable and easy to start, but not necessarily as fast as an OS or Nova Rossi. The car was designed for beginners, so they don't really need the extra horsepower.
I was really impressed the first time I saw the package but the only thing that catches my attention is the engine. The quality of the car and the radio was good and it will be a shame to put that nasty engine so I am getting an OS at least

Let us know how the Swift runs for you! It hasn't hit the US shores yet, as it's on the boat still. Should be here in another week or two, however. I'm the only American who's driven it so far. It's excellent as far as "ready to run" cars go, but it still needs a little bit of work to make it a national-level competitor. It's pretty durable, though!

Power Racing (USA) and Nanda (PRC) are the same, btw.
-Cameron
[email protected]

How much work did you put into it? are there any mods? The one I got had plastic suspension blocks which I think should have been a luminum. Set ups?
What is the deal you had with Nanda? Are you the exclusive distributor for this car? I am bringing some cars when I go home to the Philippines and sell to my friends to pay for a new engine. I hope you don't mind
Old 11-24-2003, 04:24 PM
Tech Adept

>I see it's not an MBX-5. Were you involve in the designing >testing at all?

I did all the testing for the buggy, because the company isn't very experienced in the r/c market. They are now, that's for sure! Most of the design and molds were completed already when I came on board, but about 100 changes have been made from the original prototype to where it is now. It's the little things that people talk about...

>There is no market in China for this stuff right now, hopefully it >will change in the next few years. The only one who is >interested in this car is me and the other two guys in this >thread and both of us are not chinese at all.

I'm sure there will be others, it's just going to take time and promotion. People in Shenzhen thought the car was expensive...til we told them it was ready to run. The Beijing hobby show is growing every year, so hopefully that will help.

>I was really impressed the first time I saw the package but the >only thing that catches my attention is the engine. The quality of >the car and the radio was good and it will be a shame to put >that nasty engine so I am getting an OS at least

It was either them or FC...and FC can't keep up with demand from HPI and Hong Nor. There were other Chinese companies as well, but I tested their engines and thought they weren't very good. SH is actually pretty good for a cheap engine. The radio is pretty much the best on the market for the money, being FM and all.

>How much work did you put into it? are there any mods? The >one I got had plastic suspension blocks which I think should >have been a luminum. Set ups?

I've spent almost two months in China working on the car, trying to make it right with the design being finalized. That was interesting, to say the least. I knew people would not like the plastic suspension blocks (they are the weak point on the car), but that would have put it past the price point we wanted to sell the car at in the U.S. Aluminum ones will be available in the next two months, as we are already starting work on a "Pro" kit with a lot of new machined 7075 aluminum parts.

>What is the deal you had with Nanda? Are you the exclusive >distributor for this car? I am bringing some cars when I go home >to the Philippines and sell to my friends to pay for a new engine. >I hope you don't mind

I work for Happytime Hobby Distributor, which is the exclusive US importer of Power Racing Products/Nanda stuff. Nanda sounds funny in English, so we call their parts Power Racing. I do a lot of the R&D for them, coming up with new product ideas. I also do most of the artwork, too. Like the box design, advertising in magazines, and that kind of stuff for the US market. Nanda markets the car in China, and no other company has an exclusive on their products except Happytime in the US. Sounding complicated yet? If you read RC Network magazine in Hong Kong, I wrote the article for the Chicago Hobby Show. And my hair isn't yellow anymore. Damned camera. heh

Feel free to do what you want with the cars, however. Right now we're just trying to get our name out there, so anything at this point helps! Thanks!
Old 11-24-2003, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

cameron,

I see your coming out with the PRO version. Is this a totally different design or the materials changed to to 7075. How about the tires? and can you change the collars on the shocks it was really sharp

Thanks for all the info

mop, renjie - did you hear that they're coming out witha pro version? I think you should wait anothe month

CE!
Old 11-24-2003, 05:21 PM
Tech Adept

The shock towers and the upper suspension arms are going to be redesigned, to allow for more precise adjustment. A lot of other parts are simply going to be made out of aluminum. A pro version won't be available for a couple of months, at least. Naturally, all the parts will be available separately.

The collars are sharp? Those are machined. Or is it the towers themselves? Those are stamped, but then they are anodized. Anodizing usually takes off the sharp stuff. I'm not sure I understand.
Old 11-24-2003, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

The shock towers and the upper suspension arms are going to be redesigned, to allow for more precise adjustment. A lot of other parts are simply going to be made out of aluminum. A pro version won't be available for a couple of months, at least. Naturally, all the parts will be available separately.

The collars are sharp? Those are machined. Or is it the towers themselves? Those are stamped, but then they are anodized. Anodizing usually takes off the sharp stuff. I'm not sure I understand.

aluminum arms? - 7075 i Hope. The towers are fine but could have been better if was machined.

the collars on the shocks it self. it is knurled on one direction only better if it was on both direction . should look like this-XXXXXXX
Old 11-24-2003, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

Found this on an HK RC magazine- is this the article youre talking about? Didn't know you write chinese very well also

Old 11-25-2003, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Talking GO GOKART

Dear CE,

Today i take half day leave. Me and Renjie went to 'play' our car..... and act like we are the R&D guys to to R&D for Novarossi and Nova Mega engines.... kekekekekekeeeee.... enough about this story... if you ask me to tell more I WONT tell you provided we pay me MRB5000. then i will PM you... only PM to tell the whole story.

After that R&D session, we went to the GO KART track.... play for 17 laps... and you know what? we are among the top 5 who are the fastest DUDE in the track!!!!!

RENJIE got 2nd place track record at 45.48secs
MOP got 3rd place track record at 45.91secs....

RENJIE IS GOOD dude! you should see him take the turn dude! smooth cornering, right on the apex and good combination of throttle and little braking!!!! shucks... i need more practice to gain at least 0.44 faster than him!!!!!..

then we met this HK guy.... RICKY, we sudently become close friend coz he is into EP... he said he will give us some infos on tracks where he usually run the car!!!

COOL

mop
Old 11-25-2003, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up RACE IN HANGZHOU on 29th NOV 2003

Dear all viewers,

TOMMY just told us there will be a race in hangzhou this saturday....(2003.11.29).

I asked him to give details. he will email to me. i will post the infos for us to know!

keep looking dudes!!!!

mop

p/s- bad news... after i asked TOMMY about the status on 'his' track for EP in hongqiao shanghai... he told me he had to abort the mission of building the track due to financial support problem. He accomodate a high initial cost to build the track and also the high cost to run the track .... alone....

So,

Who got extra money please do care for us here in china. We need sponsors who are into RC also, coz they are the one who we can trust on!!!!! go rich guy in china.... read this thread and be our sponsor!!!!!!

mop
Old 11-25-2003, 09:43 AM
Tech Adept

Hello,

The arms will remain a composite plastic. Aluminum arms would be too heavy and too expensive. They're cool for the backyard bashers, but the Pro version will be an all-out racecar. I think we might leave tires out for the pro version.

Are you guys talking about the go-kart track next to the Headwinds facility? That place is a blast! I miss it already. Elevation changes on a go-kart track in the U.S. are nonexistent. Here's where I go every few weeks (keep trying, getting to US websites from China is always fun):

http://www.speedring-kartracing.com/

And no, I didn't write that article about the Kyosho Masters race. I wish I could write chinese that well, but that is taking a lot of time.
Old 11-25-2003, 09:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wagnerov

Mop-iko and myself are interested in the Swift as well but we are both waiting to see how Centax Errors works out. It does look to be extremely well thought out though. The pricing for that is not expensive considering an inferno 7.5 is much more expensive.

If the kit is is pretty good we may look into setting up an off road track here in Shanghai. An old farm is cheaper than laying tarseal Mop has contacts who can find us cheap land..... at least he should in his business (a disused golf course perhaps).

Do you have any good ideas to help us set up a track? I used to race 1/10 off road in my youth but these are a little different.
Old 11-25-2003, 09:31 PM
Tech Regular

CE- There is hope for you yet in Guangdong. The guy Ricky we met last night sent us an email with the track in Guangzhou. The site is

http://www.hobbychina.com

Unfortunately it is all in Chinese but I know this shop. This is the one in the stadium opposite Teem plaza. The phone number and address are

020-81679532 020-81495581
广州市天河体育中心康体城D05铺

Thats Guangzhou, Tianhe tiyu (sports) zhongxin (centre) then the shop number. Enter from the main gate opposite Teem plaza and its just around the left when you reach the stadium. There should be someone there who speaks English but the prices are not very good.

This is thanks to Ricky Chow from Hong Kong

He did say the track could close soon but not confirmed.

He also gave us a few links but they are in Chinese too.

http://www.aco.com.hk/

this is the track where people play 1:8 GP

http://www.rcmodel.com.hk/

This is one of the site of a RC shop located in Kwong Wah Street but in the 21/F. They provided mailing order and thus in case you need some parts you don't have to fly to HK!! They have a forum too , but also in Chinese. (I think they already have a service on rctech).

Our forum http://bbs.rc-evo.com/

But as most participents are Chinese teenagers, 99% post and the interface are in Chinese too.

Now we are all waiting to see how your Swift performs
Old 11-25-2003, 09:32 PM
Tech Master

contacts to get cheap land in shanghai?

Originally posted by renjie
Wagnerov

Mop has contacts who can find us cheap land..... at least he should in his business (a disused golf course perhaps).

Do you have any good ideas to help us set up a track? I used to race 1/10 off road in my youth but these are a little different.
WHAT? i got contacts for a cheap land? i only design landscape for EXPENSIVE land here in shanghai.... no cheap ones! .... anyway shanghai has a lot of old buildings that being demolished... to me that is one of good venue to run a buggy! provided you will not be chased by the safety guard!

mop
Old 11-25-2003, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation another new track in shanghai (but need some confirmation)

remember this post by CE?

However, China has recently become a member of the FEMCA Bloc and is promoting RC car racing in Beijing and, I believe, Shanghai.

Contact [email protected] for further details of track locations.

i have emailed queries to the email address. The guy (or girl ?) named ZHU reply to me. HE (or she?) said (as far he / she knows) that the track is built inside Shanghai Military Sports Club. He also gave the phone number but not so sure whether it is a correct phone number or not. I will get my friends who can speak chinese to ask the number whether they really have rc track.

WISH ME LUCK GUYS!!!!

mop
Old 11-25-2003, 09:49 PM
Tech Regular

Mop

I didnt say it would be in the city. we can have a look in the edges of Shanghai if we do it. May need to find a little guanxi.

There is always my carpark......... that is dirty enough

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.