Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brian roeder
Hey Ed and Brad caint wait to hit up altoona and meet the new owner always had a blast racing there.

Ed nothing like 4wd maybe we can get this and truck back to altoona.

I would def. be up for some mod buggy action...this would mean dumping off the 1/8th scale electric....but that wouldnt really bother me, I am not as impressed with it as i thought I would be, even if mod buggy dosent make a return to altoona, I will prob. still dump off the RC8E...anyone interested?
Old 08-09-2009, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Brian, I wish we had a solid 6-8 other buggies for 4wd Mod like we did last year. Right now, Brad and I are the only regulars with 4wd Mod buggies. I think CR has sold his.

Even if we only get 3-5 buggies, it might create some interest. Especially once people remember they are as fast as 1/8 Scale when the track is prepped.

Weather permitting, we should be racing this Sunday and I'm in for 4wd Mod!
Old 08-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ed237
Brian, I wish we had a solid 6-8 other buggies for 4wd Mod like we did last year. Right now, Brad and I are the only regulars with 4wd Mod buggies. I think CR has sold his.

Even if we only get 3-5 buggies, it might create some interest. Especially once people remember they are as fast as 1/8 Scale when the track is prepped.

Weather permitting, we should be racing this Sunday and I'm in for 4wd Mod!
Count me in for Mod Buggy!
Old 08-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by KARO
Wasn't that some old TV show or movie? Hopefully I will make it out the week after next. I've been too busy lately.
Yes your correct, I believe it was a Tv show back in the late 60's. They show it on a western Tv station here! Hope to see you soon Sam!
Old 08-10-2009, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I would make the drive out if i new for sure there would be a 4wd class. Any pics of the track?
Old 08-10-2009, 06:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rob martin
I would make the drive out if i new for sure there would be a 4wd class. Any pics of the track?
Rob, I will Get Rob Wike to post some pics of the track this week. Pm me with some contact info and I'll keep you posted for Sunday! So far it would be Brian Roeder, Ed Toth and myself. I still think I can get Foreman to make the trip with a little persuasion. Thank you for the interest!!!
Old 08-10-2009, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

k kool.

[email protected]
Old 08-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rob martin
Keep checking the forum for updates, I will shoot you a e-mail by Friday and let you know whats going on.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile track

I have got the track pretty much up to date. I spent the last 5 days weedeating grating and repainted the drivers stand brown.I will be cutting the hedges on the fence line tomorrow so we can hang our race banners. I will also be painting the fuel station ramp and be installing new faceboard so the track has shown much inprovment.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Pictures

I will get some pics of track and everything tomorrow. I would go now but it is sprinkling and I was on a roof all day in 92 degree ground temps.

I want to formally thank Jim for his hard work the past few days. He is a great help for me.

I spoke with Dick Difalco from the Battisti. He said the track looks great. All the painting has given new life to the area. He is very happy at the renewed interest in the grounds. He also would like to extend an invitation to all members about joining the Battisti. It was originally part of the reason why the rent on the property is so low. So if you are/were a member of the Battisti, please stop in and see him and the staff. Tell him I sent ya over. Thank you for that.

Still waiting on logo designs. No entries to this point. Is it that you guys arent interested in T-shirts or just no ability to create the art work? With all of our members attending other tracks. I would love to get some shirts out there to spread the word about the NEW Altoona Raceway.

Still on for Sunday as a race day. Regular race day fees apply. $10/$5 for members. I will post more here through out the week, but make plans to be in Altoona on Sunday.

Have a great evening everyone.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Race day

Sunday Race:

Race starting at 1:00pm.
Shed open at 11:00 am for practice.

Slash, A-Buggy, B-Buggy, Mod truck ( w/ at least three ) and any other class with at least three entries.

Also, I am checking for interest in a Two day event.
We will run 3 qualifiers on a Saturday and Three Mains on Sunday. Practice available before and after on Sat, and before on Sunday.

Not this weekend but soon. Please let me know who is interested in something like this.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robwike
I will get some pics of track and everything tomorrow. I would go now but it is sprinkling and I was on a roof all day in 92 degree ground temps.

I want to formally thank Jim for his hard work the past few days. He is a great help for me.

I spoke with Dick Difalco from the Battisti. He said the track looks great. All the painting has given new life to the area. He is very happy at the renewed interest in the grounds. He also would like to extend an invitation to all members about joining the Battisti. It was originally part of the reason why the rent on the property is so low. So if you are/were a member of the Battisti, please stop in and see him and the staff. Tell him I sent ya over. Thank you for that.

Still waiting on logo designs. No entries to this point. Is it that you guys arent interested in T-shirts or just no ability to create the art work? With all of our members attending other tracks. I would love to get some shirts out there to spread the word about the NEW Altoona Raceway.

Still on for Sunday as a race day. Regular race day fees apply. $10/$5 for members. I will post more here through out the week, but make plans to be in Altoona on Sunday.

Have a great evening everyone.
I think the t-shirts are a great idea, but personally speaking I cant even draw a stick figure let alone a decent design for the track!!

I think a 2 day event would be cool, but I am sure it would be hit or miss for a lot of people, depending on what else they have going on that weekend, my suggestions would be to make it poss. for them to run the mains on Sunday even if they cant make the Qualifiers on Saturday. Maybe let them tag on as the last car in the last main w/the possibility of a bump up or something like that
Old 08-11-2009, 06:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gixxerman
Rob has the entry forms for the contest, basically draw up a Altoona Raceway logo with something rc! The logos will be placed on the thread and put on display at the track for voting. Winner gets a prize!!!
Is there a phone number or something that needs worked into the design? I will try look at it in the next week or so. Will it be 'Altoona RC Raceway'? There isn't a website anymore, right? I can't make it out to get a form. I can send a digital logo design in pdf, jpg, tif, etc.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default T shirt

T shirt designs will include a Slash/Buggy in the design. Will include "Altoona Raceway". No phone number to be included in design part of shirt. Number will be on the front of the shirt, in a much smaller design.

Any art file will be ok.

Website will be corrected shortly.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I get back mid day on Sunday. Hopefully I can make it down late.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.