Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 05:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iCeNuTz
wyd, 5pm is usually a guarantee but someone may be there earlier. What do you run?

iCeNuTz
greg,
wyd=aka=brian regal runs touring car...sponsored by schumacher he is....
i have raced with him before and he is stupid fast...and a really nice guy.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:43 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wyd
Well I will let you know when I'm coming up sometime. I was thinking of possibly this Friday but I don't have my stuff ready and with selling of are house my hobby room is all packed with junk and I can hardly move. Plus I would love to be in a little earlier to practice since packs roughly 45 minutes to charge and I don't precharge since they don't run as well if I did that.

Is the traction that low that you run CS 22's? Have you tried RP 30's? What traction compound can you use or don't they have a rule on that.
brian,
when i first practice the track i used an old set of cs-27..the car pushed pretty bad.first week of racing i bought a set of cs-22 and the car came way alive.
jeremy allhouse is ripping rp 30 though...and he is hooked up pretty good.
i think there are a couple guys using 22 in the back and 27 in the front.
you have to remember that we all are running foam tire set-ups prolly to.
theres a bunch running the type-r cars with the book set-up.
thats why i was inquiring about a set-up for my car with a one-way.

with you running asphalt all the time you can prolly get away with running rp30 for your set-up is softer im sure...

ill talk to ya later b-regal.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:46 PM
Tech Champion

wyd,
i forgot to mention that i myself am using paragon traction action.
but i see people using that fx11 stuff.i tride the black can paragon with the cs27 tires but i thought that the traction action made it feel more better.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gixxerman
Brian, sir, you are difinatley overthinking things here. I'm not sure exactly what I have but any oil pen will work. I usually take motor cleaner and try to spray it behind the shield of the bearing on both sides, then with an air compressor blow the bearing out thoroughly. At this point the oil should be cleaned out of the bearing. Take the oil pen and put a few drops on each side of the bearing. Work the bearing around a few times and your done!

NICE RC CONTENT POST #5
Thanx gixxer, Wasnt looking for how to on bearing maintenence ,I mainly was wondering if the bearing oil is the same for electric motor bearings. Being Im clueless to electric.Didnt know if you use high temp oil for electric motor bearings. Thank you
Old 10-23-2007, 05:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by PADIRTLMJUNKIE
Thanx gixxer, Wasnt looking for how to on bearing maintenence ,I mainly was wondering if the bearing oil is the same for electric motor bearings. Being Im clueless to electric.Didnt know if you use high temp oil for electric motor bearings. Thank you
really all you need is like a r/c bearing oil.
they make a bushing oil you can use as well.its just a little bit thicker....
Old 10-23-2007, 07:56 PM
Tech Adept

BTW Greg, you have a PM friend!

NICE RC CONTENT POST #6
Apparently Brad's nice posts don't apply to PM's.

iCeNuTz
Old 10-23-2007, 08:37 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iCeNuTz
wyd, 5pm is usually a guarantee but someone may be there earlier. What do you run?

iCeNuTz
Normally I run touring cars on asphalt but I did try running on carpet once with rubber tires and had a blast. Lots of fun sliding around and just wheeling the car. 5 would be cool. I figure if I leave around 2 I would be up at around 4 when I make the trip. Rather be early than late.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:39 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by morris
greg,
wyd=aka=brian regal runs touring car...sponsored by schumacher he is....
i have raced with him before and he is stupid fast...and a really nice guy.
Thanks. I wish I was that fast but sometimes a blind squirrel finds a nut.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:41 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by morris
brian,
when i first practice the track i used an old set of cs-27..the car pushed pretty bad.first week of racing i bought a set of cs-22 and the car came way alive.
jeremy allhouse is ripping rp 30 though...and he is hooked up pretty good.
i think there are a couple guys using 22 in the back and 27 in the front.
you have to remember that we all are running foam tire set-ups prolly to.
theres a bunch running the type-r cars with the book set-up.
thats why i was inquiring about a set-up for my car with a one-way.

with you running asphalt all the time you can prolly get away with running rp30 for your set-up is softer im sure...

ill talk to ya later b-regal.
Thanks. I will have to look thru my stuff to even see what I have left. I have not messed with my touring stuff in a few months nows. I hope to be up sometime after we sell are house and I hope that is really soon.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I wish we had more info for you on tires, but the carpet is only 3 weeks old and we just switched to rubber tires. So far all we know is that the CS22s are working better than the CS27s. And as Matt said, some guys are running 27's on the front and 22's on the back.

I hope you can make the trip sooner than later. And when Matt says somebody is fast, I've learned to believe him!
Old 10-24-2007, 06:31 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Call ahead to TRS to make sure 814-207-0997, but I think Chuck has been getting there around 4pm or so.

It's brand new carpet, and were all using Paragon. I don't think there are any rules on what compound we use!
Great. Thanks for the help I appreciate that.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:48 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Ed237
I wish we had more info for you on tires, but the carpet is only 3 weeks old and we just switched to rubber tires. So far all we know is that the CS22s are working better than the CS27s. And as Matt said, some guys are running 27's on the front and 22's on the back.

I hope you can make the trip sooner than later. And when Matt says somebody is fast, I've learned to believe him!
The info all you guys provided me is a great help and I appeciate that. It looks like I might get lucky and come up this Friday night.

I have raced Matt alot of the years and yeah sometimes I'm fast and like others sometimes I stuggle and on carpet rubber tire I'm far from an expert thats for sure. It is a type of racing that I wish more carpet tracks would do but for what ever reason in the US do we racing on foam tires. No wonder when we go to other countries we get smoked on rubber tire carpet as we just don't have the experiance other countries do. European countries only run rubber tires and nothing else.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:52 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Do I need to bring my own table, chair, etc or does the track have this stuff already setup? Going to try to get prepared to make the trip Friday so I don't want to forget anything because it such a short drive for me.

Thanks once again in advance.

Brian
Old 10-24-2007, 09:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Brian, it is best to bring your own table and chair. If everyone that usually races shows up then there are no tables left, but if someone dosen't show then you can use their table. I know Icenutz is not going to be there this week, so if need be you can use his table. The track does supply power.

Just a fair warning though, icenutz table is between myself and Gixx. If you plan on using it you might want to bring a helmet or ear plugs......or both
Old 10-24-2007, 10:12 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine
Brian, it is best to bring your own table and chair. If everyone that usually races shows up then there are no tables left, but if someone dosen't show then you can use their table. I know Icenutz is not going to be there this week, so if need be you can use his table. The track does supply power.

Just a fair warning though, icenutz table is between myself and Gixx. If you plan on using it you might want to bring a helmet or ear plugs......or both
Not a problem as I have selective hearing!!!!!!!!!!!! No problem I actually have my table and chair already in my car plus my light. I just need to load up my standard stuff then as you guys have electric.

Thanks again
Brian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.