Wiki Posts
Search

Who's Racing 1/10th 4wd Buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by evolution03
hey tim What all places are there to race at during the winter ? I have thought about getting a 4wd 1/10th buggy. i have also thought about getting e1/8 buggy. The 1/10 would be cheaper but if i bought a 1/8 e buggy i could use parts for nitro so i would have lots of extra parts. Do the places that race during the winter have lots of e1/8 buggies ?
From what I’m seeing I'll go with the 1/8th ebuggy for now and try to have it ready for the Relay race. I'm not so sure we will have many places to race the 4 x buggies, so I will wait for the SC 4x. Always a place to race them, even though I do like open wheel a lot better. Beef up the bumper and pull the trigger baby lol. It’s all fun when there's a lot competition.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tim Garland
From what I’m seeing I'll go with the 1/8th ebuggy for now and try to have it ready for the Relay race. I'm not so sure we will have many places to race the 4 x buggies, so I will wait for the SC 4x. Always a place to race them, even though I do like open wheel a lot better. Beef up the bumper and pull the trigger baby lol. It’s all fun when there's a lot competition.
LOL I know how to pull the trigger I need to drive a 4wd sc truck for some reason they dont appeal to me much. So do the tracks that race during the winter not allow 4wd 1/8 buggies ?
Old 09-03-2012, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

REO will race nitro and electric all winter. I plan to make several of the bigger races this winter with the 8th scales. To run local the corr class will always have a good following. They are a lot of fun just not as clean of racing most of the time. I think in that class this year, instead of 3 strikes you out, my motto may be, rubbing is racing.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tim Garland
REO will race nitro and electric all winter. I plan to make several of the bigger races this winter with the 8th scales. To run local the corr class will always have a good following. They are a lot of fun just not as clean of racing most of the time. I think in that class this year, instead of 3 strikes you out, my motto may be, rubbing is racing.
you might want to talk to jay this weekend i thought he told me SCT4x4 was there biggest class and 8th scale has been down last 2 winters i could be wrong ....

I do know that 4wd SCT races at thunder(winter),REO,Bullet town,SRI,Mayfield,Knoxville....is there another class that has a good turnout at all those tracks ?.....nope

Chase I would rather run ebuggy also but 4wdSCT is closest i could come and still run this winter all over ...Tim is scaaaaaaaaaaaaaared!
Old 09-04-2012, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Back to 4wd buggy....

My daughter's boyfriend is probably going to join us and get one. Another buddy wants to buy my daughter's B44 when I get her a used SX-3 together. So, that'll be 4 of us (in addition to the 3-4 others that have 'em in Knoxville) that will be racing them regularly. And, we'll travel with them too. Don't know how many are needed to be allowed to race, but I'd think 4 is enough??? Once people see them flying around the track, interest will build.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rkhess
you might want to talk to jay this weekend i thought he told me SCT4x4 was there biggest class and 8th scale has been down last 2 winters i could be wrong ....

I do know that 4wd SCT races at thunder(winter),REO,Bullet town,SRI,Mayfield,Knoxville....is there another class that has a good turnout at all those tracks ?.....nope

Chase I would rather run ebuggy also but 4wdSCT is closest i could come and still run this winter all over ...Tim is scaaaaaaaaaaaaaared!
Lol....... the sc 4x is coming soon (as its available), electronics are on the way for the 1/8th ebuggy, which should be here next week
Old 09-04-2012, 06:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Knoxville has many classes that have emerged as quite competitive. 1/10 2wd buggy, Pro2, Ebuggy and well, nitro buggy. Truggy and Pro4 have been kind of hit or miss. As well as (exclusively for JEDI BASS) the impending 1/10 4wd buggies. Whoo Hoo!

I know that the 1/10 2wd buggys and 2wd SCT have 10 - 12 guys qualifying with in seconds of each other. Fast guys also.

I personally am excited about things looking good for the 1/10 4wd buggies. Mine has been sitting collecting dust. Love that class, but there has been no traction (pun intended) around here. The Losi is hungary!
Old 09-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Dont get me wrong i love 1/10 4wd buggy ....I helped Mr Rocket bring it back to thunder I wish you guys the best of luck ....Im just giving advise for thunder half of us have ran them so u might get people back but at thunder most have picked up the losi mini 8 instead....I personally hate letting cars sit on a shelf if it doesnt race its gone ......

thunder is close to halfway for knox and mayfield to meet and racejust saying
Old 09-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Dont get me wrong i love 1/10 4wd buggy ....I helped Mr Rocket bring it back to thunder I wish you guys the best of luck ....Im just giving advise for thunder half of us have ran them so u might get people back but at thunder most have picked up the losi mini 8 instead....I personally hate letting cars sit on a shelf if it doesnt race its gone ......

thunder is close to halfway for knox and mayfield to meet and racejust saying
Sorry, I re-read your post and realized I misunderstood. My apologies.

X2 about letting rigs sit on the shelf.

Thanks for keeping this thread going.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Default Thunder Half Way Showdown!!

thunder is close to halfway for knox and mayfield to meet and racejust saying[/QUOTE]

Now that needs to happen. Here's a start, I'm not good on details but I will be there LW.

No telling how many times I had added the 10th buggy to cart and backed out. Have to go with the sc, I know I can race it at every track we go to.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:03 PM
Tech Master

The mini 8 is fast and looks fun! There's a lot of brand loyalty in K-town though and unless the other brands produce there own version, I don't think it'd take off.

Rockit, I'd love to see your Losi on the track!
Old 09-05-2012, 05:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JEDI BASS
The mini 8 is fast and looks fun! There's a lot of brand loyalty in K-town though and unless the other brands produce there own version, I don't think it'd take off.

Rockit, I'd love to see your Losi on the track!
Brand loyalty...Bahh...I don't know what you are talking about??!!!?! I am just man enough to admit that Losi makes the best race cars!

The last time it was on the track was at KSLR. That was over a year. So a little work and I am ready to go.

I think that the biggest problem for this class is the 1/8 e-buggys. For about the same amount of money you could have a descent e-buggy running.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:26 AM
Tech Master

Hmmmm, I suppose... close to the same money depending on brand choice. But parts are definitely cheaper for 10th scale, batteries too.

I've got a 1/8 E buggy (Tekno V4 TLR 8 2.0) that I lost interest in last fall, just short of having it race ready. All it needs is the Castle BEC wired up, the receiver put in, a body painted. I'll finish it soon... I guess . But, it's the same as my nitro buggy, just a different power source. The 10th scale has much more appeal to me for some reason, maybe because it's something different. I also like the added room on the track. I'm still a newb to racing and more room is good! I always seem to end up at the back of the pack after the first lap carnage during the 1/8 scale mains... you know.. that first turn pile up . Even when I play it smart and try to dodge and go slower, still end up on my back HAHA. But with 10th scale 2wd I am able to stay on my wheels, and I anticipate similar results w/ 4wd. Small and fast just seems more sexy too LOL... like the women I prefer .
Old 09-05-2012, 08:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hmmmm, I suppose... close to the same money depending on brand choice. But parts are definitely cheaper for 10th scale, batteries too.
True, but my point was they are more fragile. So you will be buying more parts. But, I see your point. My statement was too generalized.

I've got a 1/8 E buggy (Tekno V4 TLR 8 2.0) that I lost interest in last fall, just short of having it race ready. All it needs is the Castle BEC wired up, the receiver put in, a body painted. I'll finish it soon... I guess . But, it's the same as my nitro buggy, just a different power source. The 10th scale has much more appeal to me for some reason, maybe because it's something different. I also like the added room on the track. I'm still a newb to racing and more room is good! I always seem to end up at the back of the pack after the first lap carnage during the 1/8 scale mains... you know.. that first turn pile up . Even when I play it smart and try to dodge and go slower, still end up on my back HAHA. But with 10th scale 2wd I am able to stay on my wheels, and I anticipate similar results w/ 4wd. Small and fast just seems more sexy too LOL... like the women I prefer .
A Big X2! That is exactly (to the t) how I feel. ...except for the women part, ugly women will try harder, and never leave you. Ha!

I also have an 8ight, and 8ight-E (remember brand loyalty) about two shakes and $100 from being race ready. It just does not harbor the excitement for me that the 1/10 scale does. My opinion (flame me if you must) is that 1/10 scale is the perfect size and proportion for surface RC. Expense is relatively low, you get more benefits and results from suspension and tire tuning, if you get hit in the leg you are not going to the hospital, rebuild is pretty easy, maintenance is less, options of places to race is so much more, oh, I can keep going.....

I also think that it boils down to finesse. I just don't see that it is as necessary with 1/8 scale. You just kind of point and shoot. With 1/10 scale you have to, or you are sunk. Am I saying it's bad, absolutely not! If that is the only song that they will play, then I will dance to it! There is just too much other good music to dance to right now. Right now they would be my 4th and a distant 5th class.

The short of it, I totally agree.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Finally someone who agrees with me . Except about the women LOL.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.